I Am a Gun Owner

Jason Clarke

See all of the “I Am A Gun Owner” portraits here.  Please send your statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word PHOTO (all caps) in the subject bar. Let us know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous.

20 Responses to I Am a Gun Owner

1. avatarIn Memphis says:

Nice, diverse background. Martial arts and biology? And people call me a jack of all trades. Thanks for sharing. What is your published work about?

2. avatarjwm says:

Welcome Jason. And Molon Labe back at you. Let them try.

3. avatarBilly Wardlaw says:

Brains + Brawn = Badass! Glad you’re on the team.

4. avatarRalph says:

Brazilian Jiujitsu FTW!

5. avatarWildBillKelso says:

Jason,
    Molon Labe, ‘Tuga\Brasileiro? Bem-Vindo Amigo!

• avatarjason clarke says:

sorry. i don’t speak portugese and i’m not of brazilian heritage. but i a have many brazilian friends, love brazilian food and love brazilian jim-jitsu.

6. avatarAlphaGeek says:

From one atheist martial-arts practitioner to another, I’m here to tell you that I fscking loved your portrait. So much awesome in one place, and not just because of confirmation bias. :)

7. avatarg says:

Scientist / martial artist is a pretty cool combo. Thank you for speaking out, and of course, thank you for your service, Jason!

8. avatarCarlosT says:

Jason’s halfway to Buckaroo Banzai territory. Mad props to you.

9. avatarjason clarke says:

Great to be here with you all. Thanks for the interest in my bio. I try to stay as balanced as I can. I am a black belt in judo and a brown belt in brazilian jiu-jitsu. i’ve been in martial arts for 30 years. i use to fight mma a long time ago. i work for a Big 10 university in the midwest and run my bjj academy as my second “job” at night.

my research is about normal and abnormal kidney development at the molecular and genetic level. i also am a gene hunter for a renal birth defect called “bilateral renal agenesis”which is where the kidneys of the baby never formed/developed and this is a lethal condition. you can find my research publications on PubMed.