Defensive Gun Use of the Day: Deli Defense Edition

“The gunman entered the store shortly after 6 Tuesday night, police said, drew a weapon, and went behind the counter to where Anna was standing,” reports philly.com, detailing a robbery attempt at a deli in the Tacony section of The City of Brotherly Love. “Pointing the gun to her chest, he forced her to her knees and ordered her to open the cash register. As she started taking the money out, she screamed for her husband, who came out from a back room with his gun.” That’s when the 19-year-old took a shot at John-the-store-owner who returned fire, hitting hitting the would-be Dillinger center of mass. Final score: John 1, Yoot 0. The un-named gunman had priors and — surprise! — the Philly 5-0 think he may have been involved in other armed robberies.” He’ll be a lot less criminally active going forward, though. “I didn’t want it to come to that,” (John) said. “But we had to defend ourselves.”

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

Good job. Sometimes you have to fight to protect what you care about. Ensure that you always have the means to fight back.

1. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

What is it with all the DGU’s in the media these days??? I mean my goodness this doesn’t go along with the citizen disarmament meme at all!!! It must be stopped! /end sarcasm

1. avatar Mamba says:

Don’t worry, you won’t find such reports blazing across the MSM channels any time soon. /end reality-check

2. avatar Larry says:

Good shooting!

2. avatar In Memphis says:

Wow, priors huh? And to think if not for armed citizens this man would either have escaped or made bail. Good job John and Anna!

1. avatar In Memphis says:

On a side note, I might advise avoiding their swiss cheese for a while.

3. avatar SGC says:

One less burden on the taxpayers…YAY!

4. avatar Wiebelhaus says:

I’m glad the good guy-home and business owners are ok, I’m also equally glad that the career offender cannot offend anyone ever again, sounds like Justice was served.

5. avatar EPTinFLA says:

That’s what I like to read. DRT(dead right there). No cost to the taxpayers beyond transport to the ME facility. Think Al and Jessie will be planning a march?

1. avatar Mike says:

As soon as I saw that picture, I knew it was Philly, the Northeast, where I grew up, to be exact. These types of crimes are a daily occurrence. My youngest brother was in a Friendly’s one night when it was held up by ski masked thugs who put a shotgun to his GF’s head.

Fortunately, for all of it’s creamy liberal goodness, PA is a Shall Issue state, and Philly is no longer allowed to restrict its citizens.

6. avatar Splashman says:

Gene pool +1
    Jail population -1

7. avatar Pascal says:

While the POTUS raises the bloody shirts tomorrow night, we should be waiving these types of survivor stories.

1. avatar Darkstar says:

Exactly. The anti’s are always going on and on saying “if only one life is saved by gun control”. Well if only one life is saved by the use of a gun then it’s worth it.

8. avatar My Name Is Bob says:

Hey, that’s not too far off from me. Armed robberies have only ONE proper ending, and that is a dead perp, at the scene!!!