What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Trunk Monkey Edition

Click here for more info on the RAC.

comments

1. avatar Marlin says:

Seems like you could just unscrew the ar handle and take the trigger guard off.

2. avatar In Memphis says:

Sure wouldnt take much to remove the trigger guard and grip.

1. avatar Marlin says:

put a cable lock through the magwell and through the lock on the trigger… have to store it unloaded though

3. avatar Matt in FL says:

I think the rusty steel on their demo AR says what I need to know.

1. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

looks like an airsoft bolt. Selector switch has 3 positions……….

1. avatar In Memphis says:

Yea, I have to agree with Pantera. I had a proffesional grade airsoft gun once and the “bolt” looked exactly like that

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

I was referring to the propensity of something stored thusly to rust if left there for too long, regardless of what it was, but either way, I stand corrected.

4. avatar Geoff says:

I hope there is something else besides the piece in front of the trigger stopping any forward movement otherwise I really hope you remember the safety.

5. avatar Michael says:

Looks like both could still be easily loaded and fired too.

6. avatar Skeev says:

Couldn’t a hard left turn just fire it off?

1. avatar Matt in SD says:

That’s what it looks like to me!

7. avatar Eric_in_NOLA says:

I own two that I got at Shot show last year. Yes there are flaws- with an AR you can remove the trigger guard pin and/or the pistol grip but you can’t do that with my 870 which lived “at the ready”- as much as a firearm under lock an key can be considered “ready.”

w/r/t pistols with safe action triggers and no safety- keep them unloaded with this device.

W/r/t my 870 it was loaded with safety on but with the barrel pointed up and no second story at my place if the safety failed and I some how actuated the trigger getting the gun out of the lock it would have discharged into my ceiling and attic- hard on the ears but not deadly. I could have also elected to store it cruiser ready with the mag loaded, slide back and load off of the ammo carrier.

Regardless- it is a good bit of gear but you have to use your head with it and think it through.

8. avatar Hal says:

You know… I actually don’t see anything…

Ohhhhhhhh. It’s through the trigger guard. Ha.

9. avatar 16V says:

1 – Pull van up to trunk of car.
    2- Slide puller into trunk lock, one good yank, trunk lock removed.
    3- Open trunk, remove 4 bolts holding trunk using battery powered driver of choice.
    4- Snip harness feeding trunk lighting.
    5- Throw the who shebang in the van and drive off to free gun at leisurely pace.

Total elapsed time 1 minute, maybe 90 seconds. No lock is unbeatable, but this is about as secure as leaving your safe unbolted to the floor/walls, just because it weighs 700 pounds. Any thief with a brain will walk right out the door with the safe on a 2 wheeler/furniture mover.

10. avatar Lance says:

For Cops who are dumb this would ensure more holes in the trunk than any other weapons arrangement.