Politico: NRA Members Heart Grenade Launchers

Greetings, Mr. Farago:

I was just watching a video in which a Politico reporter frames the gun debate. It actually does a decent job until around the 1:14 mark, when she says that NRA members are a diverse bunch. Then, in voiceover: “The NRA has handgun owners (cut to photo of a pistol) and it has larger-scale weapons owners (cut to a picture depicting an AR and all possible attachments). The only problem? The AR photo clearly shows an under-barrel grenade launcher!! Whaaaaaat? NRA members have grenade launchers en masse? I’m sure they just grabbed whatever available stock photo they have, but come on!

comments

1. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

What’s not to love about a grenade launcher?

2. avatar Air Force TSgt says:

I do heart them.

1. avatar Floyd D. Barber says:

Does a Yugo SKS count?

3. avatar David W. says:

I wonder if you could retrofit a grenade launcher to fire those dye packs banks put on money. Think about it, that crap doesn’t wash off skin, hit a running badguy with it and the cops know who broke into your house.

4. avatar mblakely says:

37mm flare and smoke launchers are legal Spikes makes some.

1. avatar Bova says:

I know a few guys who happen to have them, too. One of them just says you should make sure you have a good rail setup, since those WILL mar the shit out of it.

5. avatar Gyufygy says:

I’d love to love them if I had the land and set up to safely use them for entertainment purposes, i.e. blowing up inanimate objects for shits and giggles.

Oh, and they were legal. You know.

6. avatar Paul W says:

I would have one if I could, mostly because I’m kind of a gadget freak.

7. avatar Kelly in GA says:

I would love one. And they are legal here. Too expensive, though.

8. avatar Lance says:

Wish you could have a M-203 BUT that’s not possible.

9. avatar BobtheGrape says:

Apparentlt the news presstitutes must have come across a photo of an M16A1 with an M-203 grenade launcher. Not having seen the photo that would be my guess. Neither weapon is available to civilians, even to NRA members.

1. avatar Todd S says:

“…presstitutes…”

I’m stealing that.

10. avatar Jake in AK says:

Actually… There are a few 37mm launchers legal for citizens… I have one that launches golf balls pretty well… Only takes 8grains of bullseye and a shotgun primer and I can just about own the driving range… It’s a lot of fun.

11. avatar Darren says:

Isn’t the rail under semiautomatic pistols for mounting a grenade launcher? Or is it for a bayonet? It’s so hard to remember. (/sarc)

12. avatar Soccerchainsaw says:

Remember folks, it doesn’t matter what flavor of firearm you prefer. We’ve got to stand firm and united. Do not let them divide and conquer. We’ve seen what happens when hunters throw the rest of the shooting community under the bus. Eventually they come after your hunting boom-sticks.
    FIRM & UNITED!
    FIRM & UNITED!
    Once more:
    FIRM & UNITED!

13. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading?

I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it’s
    the blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.