Incendiary Image of the Day: An Open Invitation Edition

The fight for gun rights is a culture war. The People of the Gun believe in self-reliance, preparedness and situational awareness. The Gun Grabbers believe in cooperation, social control and denial. Yes, the above newspaper layout [via cbs.com] is “insensitive.” But only if you believe that guns are responsible for the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School. They are not. They were the tools a madman used to take innocent life. They are the same tools that a teacher, administrator, school security officer or concealed carry permit holder could have used to limit, stop or prevent the carnage. Passivity, social control and denial are all evil enablers. If the Grabbers want to accuse the POG of not being PC, fine. The truth hurts. And we’re not afraid to say it. In fact, I invite any of the victims of Sandy Hook to accompany me to the CT gun show (guntruth@me.com). No other media. Private discussions with gun owners. Let’s do it. Let’s have that conversation about guns.

About Robert Farago

63 Responses to Incendiary Image of the Day: An Open Invitation Edition

1. avatarpk in AZ says:

Hope you’re not holding your breath Robert…

It will never happen.

2. avatarCasey T says:

So I wonder if the newspaper is actually that foolish or did this intentionally? Either way, I’m shocked that they would let that print because people will flip their lids.

3. avatarRalph says:

Let’s have that conversation about guns.

Let’s not. They never end well.

4. avatarQuantum Zen says:

RF, you going to the East Coast Fine Arms show in Stamford, CT this weekend? I also think there is another show next weekend in Waterbury, CT.

Anyone else from TTAG in the area also planning to go for that matter?

• avatarPascal says:

Waterbury has been cancelled by the Waterbury PD

The PD feels its too insensitive and is afraid a gun purchased in Waterbury will be used by the next spree killer — not kidding, see link above

• avatarQuantum Zen says:

What the motherf@cking f@ck!

This is absurd. But then again, since Waterbury is a very prosperous and peaceful community with little or no crime, I’m sure they don’t need added revenue by having thousands of law-abiding gun owners visit their fair city and spend money.

And if I read the report right, this guy calls himself a Republican? Now I’m a libetarian and not a fan of the GOP, but that’s ludicrous. I hope the police chief begins shutting down all alcohol sales within city limits. Afterall, alcohol sold in Waterbury might one day be used in a drunk driving accident! Not on *his* watch!

• avatarPaul W says:

what the hell PD?

5. avatarAaronW says:

RF, will you be at the Stamford show both days, all day?

6. avatarstateisevil says:

I looked this morning…..My AR and FAL were just sitting there where I left them. Ever since the shooting I’ve been expecting them to get up and start killing. They haven’t even threatened anybody yet.

• avatargagblue says:

Well, sie, it’s only a matter of time . . . . and we can only hope Dianne Feinstein will hold her breath until they do.

7. avatarRockThisTown says:

Let’s have that conversation about guns.
    The gun grabbers have zero interest in having an honest conversation. You can spout off all the data in the world showing guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens keep us safer & free, but it will fall on deaf ears. Their goal is to take away our right to defend ourselves.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.” H. L. Mencken

8. avatarPaul W says:

Fine arms? Huh? What’s the difference between that and a regular gun show? is it all flintlocks and antiques or something? I’m kind of confused.

• avatarQuantum Zen says:

Agreed, I’ve never actually been to that show. But antiques and black powder isn’t my bag.

9. avatarCarrymagnum says:

I appreciate everything you guys do here. I damn near always agree with what I read from the authors. But I feel it’s equally insensitive to invite the victims families to a gun show. IMHO. I tend to agree woth ralph, I don’t see that ending well.

10. avatarTTACer says:

At least they didn’t run an ad for a psychiatrists’ conference. That would have been really insensitive.

11. avataruncle nunzie says:

The Conversation, which no one seriously expects to take place, would be about what further limits on the 2A would make “sense”.

Lately I’ve been reading more, here and at a bunch of other pro-rights places, so I can’t remember where I read it. But to paraphrase: “If a neighbor builds a fence 100′ into your property, and after confrontation agrees to move the fence back 50′, there hasn’t been compromise. You’ve still been stolen from”.

12. avatarLamenet says:

” Let’s do it. Let’s have that conversation about guns.”

This “conversation” reminds me of an old article by Stefan Molyneux wherein he makes the essential libertarian challenge, “Put down the gun and we’ll talk”:

13. avatarSanchanim says:

Ok it is weird I had to read the post from RF before I figured out what was wrong with the picture! I guess it is because I don’t equate a gun as part of the tragedy. Ok yes guns were used, like tools, but I focus on the kids, and how the madman was allowed free reign to murder them for almost 20 minutes without challenge. I could care less what he had in his hands…
    I am not insensitive, but even for those parents who lost their treasures, it is the nut case who killed them. Redirecting your anger on a piece of steel and plastic will do nothing.

14. avatarIn Memphis says:

At the Stamford Plazza Hotel, not trying to be smart but kind of ironic that its not far from Sandy Hook.

Robert, which paper is this? Just curious.

• avatarPascal says:

Really? its 43.6 miles and 59min according to Bing Maps. At what point is it far enough? Its not close at all, its just political BS for people to stupid to look at a map.

• avatarIn Memphis says:

Ha well first off Im not saying its too close or not far enough. Just remarking on the proximity. So I was off a few miles. I thought Stamford and Sandy Hook were closer.

15. avatarBob Miller says:

I looked at the layout and was indeed concerned about the “insensitivity”, but I didn’t even notice the Gun Show ad until I started reading the comments. I thought the sign in the picture stating “Welcome Sandy Hook Elementary Kids” was a poorly considered advertisement for where the next indefensible shooting gallery has been located. Count me in the POTG category.

16. avatarqajaqon says:

I’m more concerned about Elmo in the upper left corner photo.

• During this training you get further knowledge on the skills that you need in order to stop a cardiac arrest.
      Alarge number of health professionals are opting for thepals certification.
      Everything must be sent to the Florida Department of Health’s main office
      in Tallahassee.

• Remy hair is taken from the donor’s head and preserved to
      ensure all the cuticles are healthy, living, and facing equal direction.
      It’s just like working with your own curly hair, except that it’s a little longer.
      click here to know more about Ayurvedic Pure Herbs.

• Because the bride may give birth to a very powerful child,
      so for this she is given respect. Also later on, Cackletta had completely control Bowser and finally
      unleash his seven koopaling who he had began training to be little
      bad koopas who want a piece of the Mario Bros.
      tods     tody     toea     toed     toes     toff     toft     tofu.

• This is a cheery Christmas tune that under no circumstances mentions Christmas on its lyrics.
      If you want to host additional than a person web site less than
      a solitary account, you are supplied with unlimited My –
      SQL databases, consequently your task is manufactured effortless.

Most writers and bar and club owners are bombarded with press kits and inquiries from artists and bands looking for coverage or gigs.

• is an effective ways of integrating the countless disciplines and activities
      essential to an organisation’s success,. He explains that his survival up to
      now continues to be due to lacking any friends to be attached with instead of being close together with his family,
      as well as a set of “rules” for surviving the zombie apocalypse (triggered by a virulent way
      of human adapted mad cow disease), which gets a recurring motif inside film.
      If a drive is beginning to fret or keep worrying about their driving,
      they’ll not perform nearly as well because they would in the relaxed or
      happy state.

• I used to be suggested this blog by way of my cousin. I’m now not positive whether this put up
      is written by him as nobody else know such exact about my trouble.
      You’re amazing! Thank you!

17. Many thanks for this webpage, can blissfully declare we are in possession of a steam shower of our own and we love
    it

18. avatarzippycash says:

Dennison Williams is a well known author and has been writing content for Payday
    Loans. But people are not being able to curb on their
    expenses. The problem is that the borrower often has a problem paying back the loan and must renew the payback period.

19. Ԍoodd answer back in return of this issue with real arguments and
    explaining alll regarding that.

20. I was looming forward to this Saturdays second leg of the club competition on Saturday with the best anglers rest going just over 4lb.
    Of course the going can be challenging, with the Berkley Gulp is that you don’t
    have to use the come-on techniques with it, as the fish will eat
    it. Time 2:30 PM Score now is three to six.
    But this doesn’t make him a killer.

21. Was actually shopping for just a traditional shower
    enclosures before I stubled onto this page, wouldn’t even know
    there was such a thing as a ‘steam shower enclosure’, fantastic, will probably just may have to
    get one

22. Hopefully, you already know this without having to do very much
    research. Read it out loud so that the small fallacies for punctuation and
    spelling errors visited your notice. While I
    know what it means to do that, I wasn’t quite sure if I needed
    to do that yet, so it seemed a bit of an odd spot for it.

23. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the red quinoa.
    Doing a lot of small things, can make a huge difference in the quality of
    your life. One Fruit tablet in the morning and one Vegetable tablet in
    the evening will provide the antioxidant equivalent of 8 servings of fruit
    and vegetables daily.

24. Thank you for any other informative web site. The place else could I am getting that type of information written in such
    a perfect means? I have a challenge that I’m simply now operating on, and I’ve been on the look out
    for such info.

25. avatarCelia says:

Those skinny little Serval legs fit over the tiniest holes.
    For more information on your eligibility to marry in Hillsborough
    County Florida look at the Clerk’s Office. I grieved because she needed emergency
    surgery and failed to survive the night.

26. This can be easier said than done but pre-empting the possibility of
    an outburst will help you to prevent on happening. You can find a link
    to their website in the reference section.
    Accidents take time to investigate when they happen, which is why it’s important to know
    how to conduct both a fast and thorough investigation of the accident.

27. Adore this site, great information here,
    would have been a little bit sceptical in regards to purchasing a steam shower unit for our house although
    the content here sorted my mind out, wonderful thanks for the tips

28. Wow, marvelous blog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for?
    you made running a blog glance easy. The whole glance of
    your website is fantastic, let alone the content!

29. Everything is very open with a very clear description
    of the challenges. It was definitely informative. Your website is very helpful.
    Thanks for sharing!

30. avatarcar says:

To prevent frizz you must start at the very
    beginning, in the shower, then continue with drying, and styling.
    You don’t want to turn your shoulders at a steeper angle.

Power: The power you choose depends on the location you want to fly your RC
    plane.

31. I do believe all the concepts you have presented for your
    post. They’re really convincing and can certainly work.

Still, the posts are very short for starters. Could you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

32. My famly every time say thwt I am killing my time here at net, except I know I
    am getting familiarity daily by reading thes nice content.

33. It is redally a nice and useful piece of info. I am happy that
    you just shared this helpful info with us.
    Please keep us up tto date like this. Thanks foor
    sharing.

34. Gossip Girl is produced by College Hill Pictures, Alloy Entertainment in
    association with Warner Bros. Many people have been duped
    by fake vendors and their money has gone waste therefore if you do not want
    to put your hard earned money at stake you must take these efforts.

* Does the site have verified seller and trusted seller seals
    from industry authorities. However, the little dresses include
    tea distance, knee time-span, which shows up more stylish and is a wonderful option
    for bridesmiad gowns as well as the alcoholic drink length just beneath the leg.
    Markets #2: It goes without mention he’ll may well ideas
    to see. Flip flops are forming a fashion in the celebrity’s world.
    Trousers and jeans clothing collections take both classy and casual approaches
    to every day wear, with a full complement of sizes and styles in many dynamic colors.
    You may invest in them in a variety of length and designs so you’ll be able to wear them to work or for evening wear.
    Herve Leger’s name is forever linked with the charm and shine of Hollywood
    and. Vivienne Westwood 2012 Autumn and Winter Men Clothing Series.

35. You can also check out their Holiday Gift Guide for
    some additional sales. “When attending live events, spectators may be provided with screen displays augmenting the performance. Cooked food products are offered by manufacturers and are also good to give to your pet parakeet.

36. This is really interesting, You’re a very
    skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post.
    Also, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks!

37. It’s nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people about this subject, but you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks

38. When your buddy says, “My boyfriend is cheating on me,” she is certainly having
    a hard time. Choose these hacks today and begin playing this game to get more fun.
    Players who made use of the glitch had an unfair advantage over those who did not.

39. You ought to take part in a contest for one of the best blogs online.
    I am going to recommend this web site!

40. When they see that their favorite celebrities are wearing a certain style of
    clothing, they will actually learn to imitate it in a unique way that is their own. If
    you are looking for classy designer baby clothes or anything related to babies and mothers, you can find it
    on websites devoted to this exclusive bracket. Stomach-turning for
    some, but presumably it was all for charidee, which makes it perfectly acceptable (not that there’s anything wrong
    with’ oh, you know).

41. When somе οne searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she
    needs to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over herе.

42. In the last five years, the survey states, a face life,
    or rhytidectomy, is one of the most requested of all
    invasive procedures. An experienced plastic surgeon can ensure you appealing aesthetic results with the help of
    innovative body contouring procedures. Women are more likely
    to undergo plastic surgery but some males also
    undergo this medical procedure if they think they need to have some major changes in their body.

43. Two questions frequently asked by Network Marketers are What kind
    of business records do I have to keep for the IRS.
    We use only the best of encrypted technology to make sure there are no breaches
    of your private information. Accounting software should
    contain common features such as accounts receivable, accounts payable,
    banking, payroll, inventory control, time costing, job costing,
    fixed assets and conversions and updates and more.

44. avatarbuy dates says:

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you are talking about!
    Bookmarked. Kindly additionally visit my site =).
    We can have a link alternate arrangement between us

45. The second step I used to lose weight was purchasing Garcinia Cambogia, with 200 mg of Green Coffee Bean extract.
    The signifying system of overweight folks is little boring compared to that of healthy and balanced individuals and hence overweight people eat even more food compared to their demand.
    Typically, you must reduce your calories at least 500 calories, if not
    1,000 per day. Tech Blue – BAND Foldable Bluetooth Stereo
    Headphones provides excellent audio and voice performance even if you are in noise-filled environments.
    Should they need to know the protection issues of garcinia cambogia extract, they have got to refer numerous sites.

The researchers, however, cautioned that many of these products have
    not undergone rigorous testing procedures like other over-the-counter medications.
    Garden of Health Products brand of Garcinia cambogia extract is simply in its purest form that is free from binders and
    fillers, to be certain that people take part in fat burning
    payoffs that last. It enhances the rate at which
    serotonin the neurotransmitter is produced. For some individuals, their body may just be
    in the beginning stages of showing symptoms with trouble processing sugar, labeling them pre-diabetic.
    Before saying you don’t believe in pills and losing weight fast, just visit and read everything about the Pure
    Garcinia Cambogia Extract with HCA, the newest 100% natural supplement that will keep your appetite in check and
    help you burn calories without following a diet or wasting precious free time exercising.

46. Now, I’m a complete newbie (and dummie), so please help – I like a few features from Dynamic Drive, but how EXACTLY to insert them? Where do I go after I login into my Control Panel on Joomla?. I know how to copy-paste, but details? Please? I’m just afraid to delete something necessary and break the whole thing down, as I have never done that before. Any help greatly appreciated, or just give me a link where this is properly explained in Simple English, thanks!.
    gamis modern cantik http://livingston8s.wordpress.com

47. avatarDena says:

Use those on the feet of the sleeping ghost
    pirate until he drops the jug o grog. 20 which many people believe as a high price to spend,
    especially seeing as Minecraft Gift Cide Generator remains to be
    in beta. To keep the adventure going even more, you’ll also have
    full access to the game’s universe.

48. Hey there excellent blog! Does running a blog such as this take a lot of
    work? I’ve very little expertise in computer programming however I had
    been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway, should you have any ideas
    or tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject however I just had to ask.

Thanks!

49. How to apply a wordpress theme downloaded from other websites?
    thru wall air conditioner http://tamecore4197.blog.com