Incendiary Image of the Day: An Open Invitation Edition

The fight for gun rights is a culture war. The People of the Gun believe in self-reliance, preparedness and situational awareness. The Gun Grabbers believe in cooperation, social control and denial. Yes, the above newspaper layout [via cbs.com] is “insensitive.” But only if you believe that guns are responsible for the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School. They are not. They were the tools a madman used to take innocent life. They are the same tools that a teacher, administrator, school security officer or concealed carry permit holder could have used to limit, stop or prevent the carnage. Passivity, social control and denial are all evil enablers. If the Grabbers want to accuse the POG of not being PC, fine. The truth hurts. And we’re not afraid to say it. In fact, I invite any of the victims of Sandy Hook to accompany me to the CT gun show (guntruth@me.com). No other media. Private discussions with gun owners. Let’s do it. Let’s have that conversation about guns.

About Robert Farago

42 Responses to Incendiary Image of the Day: An Open Invitation Edition

1. avatarpk in AZ says:

Hope you’re not holding your breath Robert…

It will never happen.

2. avatarCasey T says:

So I wonder if the newspaper is actually that foolish or did this intentionally? Either way, I’m shocked that they would let that print because people will flip their lids.

3. avatarRalph says:

Let’s have that conversation about guns.

Let’s not. They never end well.

4. avatarQuantum Zen says:

RF, you going to the East Coast Fine Arms show in Stamford, CT this weekend? I also think there is another show next weekend in Waterbury, CT.

Anyone else from TTAG in the area also planning to go for that matter?

• avatarPascal says:

Waterbury has been cancelled by the Waterbury PD

The PD feels its too insensitive and is afraid a gun purchased in Waterbury will be used by the next spree killer — not kidding, see link above

• avatarQuantum Zen says:

What the motherf@cking f@ck!

This is absurd. But then again, since Waterbury is a very prosperous and peaceful community with little or no crime, I’m sure they don’t need added revenue by having thousands of law-abiding gun owners visit their fair city and spend money.

And if I read the report right, this guy calls himself a Republican? Now I’m a libetarian and not a fan of the GOP, but that’s ludicrous. I hope the police chief begins shutting down all alcohol sales within city limits. Afterall, alcohol sold in Waterbury might one day be used in a drunk driving accident! Not on *his* watch!

• avatarPaul W says:

what the hell PD?

5. avatarAaronW says:

RF, will you be at the Stamford show both days, all day?

6. avatarstateisevil says:

I looked this morning…..My AR and FAL were just sitting there where I left them. Ever since the shooting I’ve been expecting them to get up and start killing. They haven’t even threatened anybody yet.

• avatargagblue says:

Well, sie, it’s only a matter of time . . . . and we can only hope Dianne Feinstein will hold her breath until they do.

7. avatarRockThisTown says:

Let’s have that conversation about guns.
    The gun grabbers have zero interest in having an honest conversation. You can spout off all the data in the world showing guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens keep us safer & free, but it will fall on deaf ears. Their goal is to take away our right to defend ourselves.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.” H. L. Mencken

8. avatarPaul W says:

Fine arms? Huh? What’s the difference between that and a regular gun show? is it all flintlocks and antiques or something? I’m kind of confused.

• avatarQuantum Zen says:

Agreed, I’ve never actually been to that show. But antiques and black powder isn’t my bag.

9. avatarCarrymagnum says:

I appreciate everything you guys do here. I damn near always agree with what I read from the authors. But I feel it’s equally insensitive to invite the victims families to a gun show. IMHO. I tend to agree woth ralph, I don’t see that ending well.

10. avatarTTACer says:

At least they didn’t run an ad for a psychiatrists’ conference. That would have been really insensitive.

11. avataruncle nunzie says:

The Conversation, which no one seriously expects to take place, would be about what further limits on the 2A would make “sense”.

Lately I’ve been reading more, here and at a bunch of other pro-rights places, so I can’t remember where I read it. But to paraphrase: “If a neighbor builds a fence 100′ into your property, and after confrontation agrees to move the fence back 50′, there hasn’t been compromise. You’ve still been stolen from”.

12. avatarLamenet says:

” Let’s do it. Let’s have that conversation about guns.”

This “conversation” reminds me of an old article by Stefan Molyneux wherein he makes the essential libertarian challenge, “Put down the gun and we’ll talk”:

13. avatarSanchanim says:

Ok it is weird I had to read the post from RF before I figured out what was wrong with the picture! I guess it is because I don’t equate a gun as part of the tragedy. Ok yes guns were used, like tools, but I focus on the kids, and how the madman was allowed free reign to murder them for almost 20 minutes without challenge. I could care less what he had in his hands…
    I am not insensitive, but even for those parents who lost their treasures, it is the nut case who killed them. Redirecting your anger on a piece of steel and plastic will do nothing.

14. avatarIn Memphis says:

At the Stamford Plazza Hotel, not trying to be smart but kind of ironic that its not far from Sandy Hook.

Robert, which paper is this? Just curious.

• avatarPascal says:

Really? its 43.6 miles and 59min according to Bing Maps. At what point is it far enough? Its not close at all, its just political BS for people to stupid to look at a map.

• avatarIn Memphis says:

Ha well first off Im not saying its too close or not far enough. Just remarking on the proximity. So I was off a few miles. I thought Stamford and Sandy Hook were closer.

15. avatarBob Miller says:

I looked at the layout and was indeed concerned about the “insensitivity”, but I didn’t even notice the Gun Show ad until I started reading the comments. I thought the sign in the picture stating “Welcome Sandy Hook Elementary Kids” was a poorly considered advertisement for where the next indefensible shooting gallery has been located. Count me in the POTG category.

16. avatarqajaqon says:

I’m more concerned about Elmo in the upper left corner photo.

• During this training you get further knowledge on the skills that you need in order to stop a cardiac arrest.
      Alarge number of health professionals are opting for thepals certification.
      Everything must be sent to the Florida Department of Health’s main office
      in Tallahassee.

• Remy hair is taken from the donor’s head and preserved to
      ensure all the cuticles are healthy, living, and facing equal direction.
      It’s just like working with your own curly hair, except that it’s a little longer.
      click here to know more about Ayurvedic Pure Herbs.

• Because the bride may give birth to a very powerful child,
      so for this she is given respect. Also later on, Cackletta had completely control Bowser and finally
      unleash his seven koopaling who he had began training to be little
      bad koopas who want a piece of the Mario Bros.
      tods     tody     toea     toed     toes     toff     toft     tofu.

• This is a cheery Christmas tune that under no circumstances mentions Christmas on its lyrics.
      If you want to host additional than a person web site less than
      a solitary account, you are supplied with unlimited My –
      SQL databases, consequently your task is manufactured effortless.

Most writers and bar and club owners are bombarded with press kits and inquiries from artists and bands looking for coverage or gigs.

17. Many thanks for this webpage, can blissfully declare we are in possession of a steam shower of our own and we love
    it

18. avatarzippycash says:

Dennison Williams is a well known author and has been writing content for Payday
    Loans. But people are not being able to curb on their
    expenses. The problem is that the borrower often has a problem paying back the loan and must renew the payback period.

19. Ԍoodd answer back in return of this issue with real arguments and
    explaining alll regarding that.

20. I was looming forward to this Saturdays second leg of the club competition on Saturday with the best anglers rest going just over 4lb.
    Of course the going can be challenging, with the Berkley Gulp is that you don’t
    have to use the come-on techniques with it, as the fish will eat
    it. Time 2:30 PM Score now is three to six.
    But this doesn’t make him a killer.

21. Was actually shopping for just a traditional shower
    enclosures before I stubled onto this page, wouldn’t even know
    there was such a thing as a ‘steam shower enclosure’, fantastic, will probably just may have to
    get one

22. Hopefully, you already know this without having to do very much
    research. Read it out loud so that the small fallacies for punctuation and
    spelling errors visited your notice. While I
    know what it means to do that, I wasn’t quite sure if I needed
    to do that yet, so it seemed a bit of an odd spot for it.

23. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the red quinoa.
    Doing a lot of small things, can make a huge difference in the quality of
    your life. One Fruit tablet in the morning and one Vegetable tablet in
    the evening will provide the antioxidant equivalent of 8 servings of fruit
    and vegetables daily.

24. Thank you for any other informative web site. The place else could I am getting that type of information written in such
    a perfect means? I have a challenge that I’m simply now operating on, and I’ve been on the look out
    for such info.

25. avatarCelia says:

Those skinny little Serval legs fit over the tiniest holes.
    For more information on your eligibility to marry in Hillsborough
    County Florida look at the Clerk’s Office. I grieved because she needed emergency
    surgery and failed to survive the night.

26. This can be easier said than done but pre-empting the possibility of
    an outburst will help you to prevent on happening. You can find a link
    to their website in the reference section.
    Accidents take time to investigate when they happen, which is why it’s important to know
    how to conduct both a fast and thorough investigation of the accident.

27. Adore this site, great information here,
    would have been a little bit sceptical in regards to purchasing a steam shower unit for our house although
    the content here sorted my mind out, wonderful thanks for the tips

28. Wow, marvelous blog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for?
    you made running a blog glance easy. The whole glance of
    your website is fantastic, let alone the content!

29. Everything is very open with a very clear description
    of the challenges. It was definitely informative. Your website is very helpful.
    Thanks for sharing!

30. avatarcar says:

To prevent frizz you must start at the very
    beginning, in the shower, then continue with drying, and styling.
    You don’t want to turn your shoulders at a steeper angle.

Power: The power you choose depends on the location you want to fly your RC
    plane.