Incendiary Image of Yesterday: Awkward Edition

Minutes before the President of the United States used four small children as a political prop for his anti-gun agit-prop, his spokesman condemned the NRA for mentioning the Commander-in-Chief’s kids in their “what about us?” ad. The Administration’s hypocrisy was nothing less than stunning. I almost guffawed when Mr. Obama said “if it saves one child’s life.” What Mr. Obama didn’t say: one of the children’s letters (that supposedly “inspired” the President to make a pitch for a program that would infringe Americans’ Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms) asked the Prez to act against fully automatic firearms . . .

“It’s a free country but I recommend there needs (to) be a limit with guns,” Grant Fritz wrote in the Dec. 17 letter released to the press. “Please don’t let people own machine guns or other powerful guns like that.”

When I thought as a child . . . When I became President I treated my constituents like children, pandering to their emotional immaturity and child-like desire to submit to authority.

Judging from the post-Sandy Hook gun rights “conversation,” America’s ideological left is determined to never grow up. So be it. Once again, it’s time for the adults to take charge.

comments

1. avatar ensitu says:

Joe “Call Me Chubby” Biden smiles knowingly

2. avatar gloomhound says:

Say I remember hearing that Obama was not going to come after peoples guns. I also remember that it was kinda implied that if you thought he was going to you were kinda wacky.

1. avatar Sammy says:

Or a bigot.

Seems the W/H is trying to drum up support via their web site.

Also of note the amount of signatures needed to gain recognition for a petition by the government has been raised from 25,000 to 100,000 in a months time.

This is the tip of the iceberg that lies ahead. With the attempt to weaken the filibuster by Reid in the Senate don’t view the kabuki theater the president engaged in yesterday as toothless. I view it as a distraction to draw our attention away from the real fight in the Congress. To paraphrase “Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country” We must badger our reps, (state and federal) to uphold the second amendment and deal with the problems of violence, not just the least used tool of that violence.

1. avatar tdiinva says:

Except it takes both houses of Congress to pass a bill and nobody I know of thinks the Senate is key. Besides Reid won’t let this come to a vote unless there are 51 yeas without him. He won’t cast the decisive vote. If he thinks it’s marginal he will never bring the bill up for a vote.

2. avatar Outlaw says:

Good chance you’ll still be called wacky, because some left commenters are constantly moving the goalposts to try to assuage their cognitive dissonance.

>Vote for anti-liberty pol
      >Try to battle him from within on gun issue
      >Fail miserably
      >Get called on it
      >Bleat “ROMNEY WAS NO DIFFERENT!”

Like there were only two choices.

1. avatar Billy Wardlaw says:

Gary Johnson 2016!

3. avatar Adam says:

I believe he’s just checking to make sure that kid isn’t carrying a concealed Nerf Gun or Super Soaker.

4. avatar justin says:

I call BS on those letters. If you were to dig into their background, I would be willing to bet that the parents are gun control activists, obama campaign volunteers or something like that and they told the kids what to write.

After all Obama has done it before at his townhall meetings in 2009

1. avatar ensitu says:

Anyone who thinks that an eight year old would actually write a letter and site legislative proceedure has drank alot of Koolaide

2. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Exactly. I’ve seen this behavior before in the run-up to the 1994 AWB. Children being exploited, trotted out for the cameras and PR, with words put into their mouths.

As with so many other things, South Park captures this whole deal pretty well:

5. avatar Frank Williams says:

Perhaps we should all get our children (or grandchildren) to write the President and ask him to do something about the national debt and all the deficit spending so there will still be something here for them when they grow up. The wishes of children seem to carry more weight with him than anything adult citizens want.

1. avatar GS650G says:

hell yeah.
      Dear mr. Prezidant,
      I dunt lik the fahct I have ta pay half mah pay in Tahx wen I grew up. Plez stap spending so mach monie

Signed,
      Little Tommy

1. avatar Randy Drescher says:

Dear Tommy, Thank you for your wonderfull letter. Now go play ball on a busy street. What inspired you to think I gave a flying F what you want. You bother me boy, here I.m trying to take guns(for the kids you know) & you distract me with your economic nonsense. Pardon me, there was a little kid that was just run over, I can blame that on the AR’s too. Keep those nice letters comming kiddies.

2. avatar Jake says:

It’s already almost half if you count everything else they do on top of the personal income tax. It’s gonna be wayyyy more by then.

6. I liked the picture of him giving one of the kids a high five with a smile on his face. It’s as if the kid just sank a 3-pointer.

You can see the picture I’m talking about at the top of this previous TTAG article inspiring people to voice their opinion to their representatives; http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/daniel-zimmerman/punching-back-twice-as-hard/

7. avatar Aharon says:

WTF is Obummer looking down at? It seems to me that he is far too close to that young boy. If a male teacher did that he would be under investigation. I demand that Child & Protective Services do an investigation immediately. For the sake of the children we should start a WH Petition to ban this type of behavior by presidents.

1. avatar Ivy Mike says:

Student Suspended for Breaking School’s No-Hugging Policy

Suspend that Hope’n’Change. 😉

1. avatar Aharon says:

Absurd. It’s not as if the students were having zex.

2. avatar Leo338 says:

Obama only likes little boys with junk in the trunk. He is checking to see if he meets his standards so he can invite him for a sleep over later.

8. avatar GS650G says:

I wouldn’t allow my child to be touched by him or even in the same room.

9. avatar Henry Bowman says:

“If it saves one child’s life” unless that child lives in a foriegn country that we’ve illegally and immorally invaded. In that case, blow them to pieces with precision armaments from drones, and murder their fathers when they try to gather the bloddy remains.

1. avatar Joe Grine says:

Yeah, but those are Muslims, so drone on, Obama!

10. avatar KnowWhatIamTalkingAbout says:

By subjecting children to this environment, the POTUS and his entire administration just became CHILD ABUSERS.

Anyone else would have had their children taken away from them by some social services worker and placed in foster care.

11. avatar Spoons Make You Fat says:

Yes, I’ve also been thinking about that passage from Corinthians (13:11).

“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.”

Here’s a new slogan: Gun control, because we’ve proven that our government can not protect everyone all the time. Just bet your personal safety on the continued hope that either the police will be available when you need them or that bad guys won’t be bad guys or that the strong will never again repress the weak. To do this you have to ignore human history and believe somehow things are now different. Sounds childish to me.

1. avatar Evan says:

Swiper no swiping!

12. avatar IdahoPete says:

“When I became President I treated my constituents like children, pandering to their emotional immaturity and child-like desire to submit to authority.”

And this is why my reaction to the left’s “reasonable gun control” yapping is:
    FOAD. NO compromise.

13. avatar Alan says:

“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation. ” -Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler

1. avatar Charles5 says:

I am reminded of that quote everytime I hear about anything “for the children.”

2. avatar Jim D says:

How soon we forget the past. Learn or repeat……

3. avatar Bob says:

That is some spooky shiz…do you think that makes Obama the first Black Nazi?

14. avatar Silver says:

Look at those parents, beaming with pride as their children are used as props to oppress Americans and destroy the Constitution. Pathetic. Further proof that while the politicians may be evil tyrants, our “fellow Americans” should be showed no quarter either for their selfish and moronic willingness to be slaves and drag everyone else down with them.

We truly are two separate nations with two different ideologies. May the time for truly new and dividing borders come as soon as it can.

15. avatar Lance says:

Forgetting to Fascist like Obama its ok for him to do anything but not any opponents of his rule. So he can use kids as prop anytime but never any one else/ H thinks he is special. Even though he is just a scumbag.

16. avatar Skeev says:

That’s a more awkward hug than Al Gore’s.

1. avatar Jim D says:

Robama hug…

17. avatar Mrbadnews says:

…. Cheap tricks are the oldest tricks.

18. avatar neil says: