I Am a Gun Owner

John J. Eliyas, MA, IACFP

Please send your “I Am a Gun Owner” statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word PHOTO (all caps) in the subject bar. Let me know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous.

About Robert Farago

20 Responses to I Am a Gun Owner

1. avatarMark says:

Who would know better than a criminologist why one needs personal firearms?

2. avatarGerard says:

John J. Eliyas,, MA, IACFP Ernest Hemingway, Lookalike Contestant.

3. avatarSilver says:

I fully promote a man with the Ron Swanson mustache as a voice for liberty.

4. avatarDon says:

That mustache Rocks!

5. avatarLance says:

More experts say the same thing gun ownership is a good thing.

6. avatarMichael B. says:

Can we get this guy to do some research on the relevant studies and numbers? Or at least comment on the ones already out there? Such as the study that allegedly found 2.5 million DGU cases a year and what not?

7. avatarOkieRim says:

outstanding !!!!

how do u send a pic?

8. avatarMike123 says:

Funny thing about the experts …. most started out as anti’s trying to prove gun control works. Howard Nemerov and Gary Kleck are two examples that I’m sure of.

9. avatarRoll says:

And you sir, have an awesome mustache. Thank you for posting!

10. avatarUnknown Prosecutor says:

Robert Goulet and Conan O’Brien had a baby?! Seriously though, I have stache and sweater envy…

11. avatarPeter says:

Epic mustache! Equal in quality to tom sellacks!

12. avatarg says:

I salute you, fellow bespectacled firearms enthusiast!

13. avatarJohn E says:

All this man love is making me blush. But thanks guys, the stache has been carefully cultivated over the years to reflect refinement and taste. :)

As for the research, I actually work in the real world, not academia, so I don’t do research. I run a program that ensures juvenile delinquents pay back their restitution and do their community service, and if there old enough to get a job, we find them one. Studies show if you get a youth active and invested in the community they are less likely to recidivate.

• avatarg says:

Sounds like quite a tough job, but a very necessary and important one. Any kid saved from the wrong path in life saves everyone in our society grief AND money. A double salute to you for your service! =)

I’ll do my best on my end to make sure my students keep their noses clean and out of juvie.