GRAA Launches Operation Sheriff Reach

loan_StarAs we’ve reported, sheriffs across America are publicly pledging not to enforce any local, state or federal gun laws that violate the United States Constitution. The organization that successfully organized and promoted protests at State Capitals last Saturday is now looking to capitalize on the law enforcement officers’ ballistic belligerence—and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Gun Rights Across America (GRAA) has launched Operation Sheriff Reach. They’re asking gun rights supporters to gather/rally down at their local Sheriff’s office on Wednesday March 13 from 11am – 1pm (local time) to encourage the shiny badges to defend citizens’ Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms. High-five-ing the ones who do and politely requesting that the ones who don’t, do.

comments

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

It’s a good sign that they’re allowing enough lead time to get the word out and drive up participation levels.

Should be interesting to see if there’s interest in doing this in Alameda county, considering how anti-CCW our sheriff is.

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Also: Hopefully someone will donate a copy of Adobe Illustrator and some training to whomever made that logo for GRAA. Yikes.

Every time I type GRAA I get this mental image of a caveman shouting “GRAAH!” Perhaps that could be their mascot.

TL;DR: branding and image are important, try to get it right!

1. avatar C says:

their logo needs to be a pterodactyl. I imagine the things made a sound something like “GRAA!”

2. avatar jwm says:

A pro gun rally in front of the Alemeda County Sheriff’s office? I see tear gas and water hoses in our future.

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

And here I was hoping you’d volunteer to organize it. 🙂

Surely it wouldn’t be quite that bad?

1. avatar William says:

I bet he does it anyway, despite tear gas and truncheons. I paid my dues in that regard fighting the death-dealing Vietnam mess. If I lived in Alameda, I’d do it all again, but I can’t run as fast as I did then.

Not that I could ever run fast. But I always got away, somehow.

2. avatar jwm says:

First rule of the military. Never volunteer for anything. Schedule permitting I’d like to be there though. I missed Sacramento cause there wasn’t enough advanced warning and I’d already promised my grandkids a day.

3. avatar Accur81 says:

Any world if they have something similar going on in Orange County?

4. avatar Mark N. says:

Shasta County Sheriff and Siskiyou County Sheriff have already written expressing their displeasure with the new disarmament proposals.

3. avatar Jan says:

With you on that issue here in San Joaquin county.

4. avatar Brooklyn in da house says:

Im in Alameda County as well. Do you know of any local pols that are pro 2A or am I asking a silly question?

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Excuse me while I clean the snot off of my iPad screen. I had a bit of an accident when I read your comment.

I think Pete Stark’s replacement Eric Swalwell might just be open to education and discussion on 2A if he hears from more than just the fearful peasants. He’s an ex-DA and has made a few dumb statements about firearms, but he’s not a lost cause yet.

1. avatar Brooklyn in da house says:

Yeah i looked him up and hes definitely not on board. He has been making some strong anti comments the last few weeks and pretty much supporting DiFi. Check out his twitter feed

2. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Ugh. Yeah, his position on 2A is much clearer now: he’s a confiscator.

Either his claims to want a CA-style AWB are outright lies, or he doesn’t understand that there’s a huge fracking difference between AWB 2.0 and the status quo here in CA. I’m perfectly willing to believe either one.

He’s still going to get regular correspondence from me on this topic, and I’ll be looking forward to bringing this up with him when he visits Fremont for a town-hall meeting.

2. avatar Pulatso says:

My local sheriff has openly stated he will not be giving up his own, much less taking anyone else’s.

3. avatar Randomhero says:

Us folks in San antonio (Bexar county) have a brand new sheriff (pamerleau) with no experience (still better than the last guy). She still doesnt have a stance regarding NFA items. So Im not sure what her stance on AWBs are either. Lets just hope with her military background she opposes them.

1. avatar juliesa says:

Yes. I’m optimistic because she’s a Republican, a retired general, and a domestic violence survivor, but none of those things are any guarantee. I love her former company, USAA, but that company was one of the ones that fought the Texas parking lot bill.
      I look forward to learning her position.

2. avatar Fyrewerx says:

Hopefully not the same military background as McChrystal.

4. avatar JPD says:

Off the subject, but I was wondering. Sheriffs are sworn to uphold the Constitution. Apparently, many are willing to do so.

Are Senators and Presidents sworn in too? Should that mean the uphold ALL of the Constitution, even the parts they do not like? Then they are breaking their oath if they attack the Constitution.

So why are we not arresting Feinstein and BHO for breaking the law?

Senators and Presidents are sworn in one day, and sworn at the next.

5. avatar Fyrewerx says:

I suppose taking in a box of Krispy Kremes won’t hurt either. …(j/k)

1. avatar Bruce says:

Actually, that’s not a bad idea. Just so everyone doesn’t do it.

6. avatar Totenglocke says:

I don’t get why they picked March 15th….that’s about a month and a half away and by then it might (not saying it’s likely) be too late.

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Sufficient time to organize and coordinate message, then line up press coverage.

The nearly complete lack of press coverage regarding the recent rally can be attributed 98% to the rushed timeframe and lack of media outreach.

1. avatar Totenglocke says:

The press knew about the Jan 19th protests, they just chose to ignore them, just like they’ll choose to ignore this one.

7. avatar Damon says:

Ha! I love this and support it 100% but I have such a libtard sheriff in the county I live in that I’m likely to be arrested. That said, I’ll have to get some flyers to put up to drum up support for this.

8. avatar speedracer5050 says:

As the AR State coordinator for the rallies we were very rushed for the first rally yet had a decent turnout!!!
    The upcoming rallies are important to us all regardless of which or how many restrictions the government puts on us!!!

9. avatar Lance says:

My Sheriff already said NO to enforcing the Feinstine-Obama ban!!! Ill support him.

10. avatar #2 says:

They should make it a battle of hearts and minds. Camp out with free lunch and coffee for the local officers of the law.

11. avatar David says:

The 62 elected Sheriffs in Colorado just put out this: http://www.csoc.org/ppdocs/GunControlLegislation.pdf

1. avatar Avid Reader says:

I guess the Arapahoe sheriff didn’t get the memo.

2. avatar Mamba says:

I live in Colorado….thanks much for sharing that link.
      Yah, Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson seems to be cave’n to the pressure.

12. avatar Jumbie says:

If you have a sheriff that’s good on guns you should have the event anyway and fly lots of banners saying “We love our sheriff”. Plus take donuts for the pigs— Um, I mean for the good gentlemen of your local county law enforcement agency.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

As a police officer, I’m totally offended. I haven’t had a coffee and doughnut since yesterday morning. For the record, it was a custard filled doughnut with chocolate frosting. Very nice.

1. avatar RKflorida says:

Yes, those are lovely doughnuts. I prefer the raspberry filled glazed that are still a little warm. With a good cup of coffee, it’s one of life’s great pleasures.

The real question, Accur81, isn’t whether you ate a donut, it’s whether you paid for it. 🙂

3. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Custard-filled? Seriously? Only in California would someone think that a donut shot full of vanilla pudding would be a good idea for a breakfast food.

Creme-filled, baby. It’s the One True Donut.

1. avatar jwm says:

Creme filled, chocolate glazed. If the city would offer to pay me in Krispy Kreme I’d be a cop. Screw bennies and retirement.

2. avatar AlphaGeek says:

You know what really sucks? Now that I’m serious about doing Crossfit and getting in great shape, that pinnacle of donut perfection you describe is no longer permitted in my life. {sob}

I’ve been known to put, shall we say, way more than one of those in my face over the course of a single day.

13. avatar stormchaser says:

Enough doughnut jokes, if your sheriff is making a stance on this take your grill and serve up burgers for him and all of his people.

14. avatar dirk diggler says:

Better yet – if your sheriff is supportive, attend budget committee mtgs in your county and when the sheriff’s budget comes up, express your support for increasing their budget and cutting elsewhere!! Yes, you have to sit thru hours of nonsense but cut to the chase, taxpayers speaking on the record carries real weight for the county hacks.