Close the Handcuffed Cop Loophole

How come we never see movies where characters (or their straw purchasers) go through a proper NICS background check before obtaining a firearm? To be fair, the gun shop owner in Terminator did tell the cyborg that there was a 15-day waiting period for the handguns.

About Robert Farago

32 Responses to Close the Handcuffed Cop Loophole

1. avatarEd Rogers says:

My “boys” went up inside…they don’t wanna play…

2. avatarRandy Drescher says:

Just like the women at the local nightclub, only friendlier. Randy

3. avatarAnon in CT says:

I love me some misandry in the morning.

4. avatarPhydeaux says:

I have to say, I’m looking forward to seeing this. Certainly seems to put an interesting spin on victimization and gun control.

5. avatarPaul says:

“Phased Plasma Rifle in 40 Watt Range.”
    “Just what you see pal”… Terminator (1)

• avatarLars says:

lol I loved the way he said “the Uzi 9mm”. When that movie came out I was in junior high and you could be walking in the hall or in the lunch room and you’d here someone shoot off a line from that flick everyday for a good few months after i came out.

That 15 day California state waiting period was thanks to Reagan btw. We can’t trust any politician it seems.

• avatarAaron says:

Strangely, the new ad-hoc group “gun appreciation day” has a quote from Ronald Reagan on their masthead. Not exactly a shining example of RKBA…

• avatarNWGlocker says:

He wouldn’t shoot any plasma rifle that’s less than a 40

6. avataranon with good eyes says:

Gun looks like a S&W 5906 with target sights.

I have a problem.

7. avatarLance says:

Hay felt sorry for the poor gun shop owner in “The Terminator”!

8. avatarblinkypete says:

I’m with Paul and Lance… that scene is from the first film, not the magnificent T2.

9. avatarJohn Fritz says:

Did I see a drill in there somewhere? That was one of Jeffrey Dahmer’s favorite tricks to pull on some of his victims.

10. avatarOkieRim says:

I would guess that Uncle Joe will recommend to POTUS that this movie not be shown, you know, as part of a broader plan to combat gun violence….not

11. avatarAnmut says:

Uzi 9mm?

Anyway – this movie looks retarded. I can’t wait until two goth high school girls cut up their boyfriends in some backwoods down in PA because they saw this movie about hating men. Of course, the guns will be blamed. If there are any left by then.

12. avatarJeff O. says:

It’s like someone did a gritty reboot on the Lifetime Channel.

13. avatarGreg Camp says:

Interesting to see Danielle Panabaker in that role. She played such a goodie in Shark.

14. avatarMark says:

Perpetuating the myth that proximity to a firearm turns anyone into a homicidal maniac. Very helpful, Hollywierd.

15. avatarSoccerchainsaw says:

Happy to be married and not in the dating scene these days….

16. avatarAaron says:

I watched that bounty hunting film with Katherine Heigl (forgot the name of it already), and interestingly it has her getting her first gun in NJ, and everyone pretty much giving her a pass on having and carrying a handgun around without having gotten a permit.
    (I’m in favor of “constitutional” carry, as a gun person I thought the way it was handled in the film was interesting).

17. avatarTheSleeperHasAwakened says:

Part of the reason can be attributed to PsyOps carried out by the likes of our beloved gun running, drug cartel supporting US Attorney General, Eric Holder.

In a 1995 Press Conference for a public campaign to “really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way”, Eric Holder elaborated saying,

“What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that’s not cool, that it’s not acceptable, it’s not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes.”

• avatarTheSleeperHasAwakened says:

But I do agree that Congress needs to act and do something about the Handcuffed Cop Loophole.

Think of the children…THE CHILDREN!!!

18. avatarTheSleeperHasAwakened says:

Bertrand Russell also wrote:

“With the support of the media, educational system, & the right propaganda tools, you can make people believe snow is black.”

Bertrand Russell, The Impact of Science in Society, (London: George Allen & Unwin, 1952), p. 40.