OMG! An Unbiased Media Report on Guns! OMG!

The ABC report above somehow fails to excoriate American gun owners or demonize “assault rifles.” It focuses attention away from legislation designed to stop criminals from buying guns illegally and onto criminals stealing guns (illegally). It could be the BSE (Blind Squirrel Effect). Perhaps the David Gregory debacle—wherein the Meet the Press host broke gun laws live on national TV—has had a chilling effect on jobbing journos playing fast and loose with firearms facts. Or it could be that the public’s desire for information about guns has lead the media to . . . wait for it . . . provide information about guns. You know: factual information. As the facts are on the side of those who want to defend and extend their Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, it’s a glimmer of hope in an otherwise bleak left-leaning landscape. I reckon the Age of Miracles is not passed. Now pass me my SCAR.

comments

1. avatar Biofire says:

Lock up your guns? What a good idea. I usually just hang them over the fireplace. At least the story debunks the idea that criminals actually buy guns legally. Are you listening Di-Fi?

1. avatar blinkypete says:

Your question assumes DiFi is actually looking for facts. She’s like a conspiracy theorist… she collects only data that appears to support her cause, ignores anything that doesn’t and then presents it all in a distorted view.

She really is the worst.

1. avatar Biofire says:

I would never accuse Di-Fi of looking for facts.

1. avatar blinkypete says:

Just a jab at the “are you listening” bit… we all know what she’s actually doing.

2. avatar ensitu says:

Beat me too it!

2. avatar William says:

So that would make you a WHAT? ANTI-conspiracy theorist? Or, as I prefer, a COINCIDENCE THEORIST?

It’s defined as, “An evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons.”

NAW… no one EVER does THAT!!

Used commonly, it is a pejorative term intended to belittle the beliefs of certain persons whose opinions one holds contempt for, justifiably or not.

ENOUGH!!! The Presstitute Media classifies nearly everyone here as “conspiracy theorists”, because they believe government officials are trying to eliminate their civil rights.

1. avatar blinkypete says:

Conspiracies do indeed happen, but “conspiracy theory” holds it’s own unique definition, and the only coincidence I generally see is that the theory generally “coincidentally” reflects the theorists pre- existing political or social beliefs.

Also, you don’t have to be a CT to thin the government is trying to take away our civil rights. There’s a mountain of evidence, including acknowledgment of that intent, to support that ‘theory’. I’m just saying that reality breaks down when you blame everything bad that happens directly on secret forces within the government.

2. avatar C says:

Hanlon’s Razor: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Conspiracy theories are predicated on two falsehoods. First; that government is competent. Second; that any organization of any size can keep a secret of any importance.

3. avatar ensitu says:

You just defined the DNC

4. avatar blinkypete says:

Couldn’t be said any better, C.

2. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

There are four major ways in which guns move from lawful ownership into the criminal world, theft is one of them. That’s why we need safe storage laws because unless constrained by the government you lawful gun owners just won’t do the right thing.

1. avatar blinkypete says:

Good point. That must be why cars never get stolen.

2. avatar CarlosT says:

This is true. No one has ever done the right thing unless coerced by the government.

2. avatar My name is Bob says:

Don’t mind me if I seem cautiously suspicious…..

3. avatar In Memphis says:

Maybe next they will start saying standard capacity magazines and modern sporting rifle.

I can dream right? Maybe I’ll get cable again if we start seeing educational and educated programing.

1. avatar S.CROCK says:

i have never heard of a standard capacity magazine or modern sporting rifle. i have only heard of high capacity clips which give nearly unlimited ammo. i have also only heard of evil black machines that you pull the trigger and zap a ray of uncontrollable death comes from it.

2. avatar In Memphis says:

Mine are only evil if you feed them after minight

1. avatar CarlosT says:

One of the dumbest lines in movie history. Think about it: it’s always after midnight.

4. avatar Don says:

Keep them out of public view? You mean like not on google maps?

5. avatar Wiebelhaus says:

WAIT, HOLD THE F UP, are you telling me we have a crime problem in one of the largest countries in the world? Mind officially blown. http://i.imgur.com/U5d5arL.gif

6. avatar duke nukem says:

hell i post my guns all over facebook and there aint gonna be no oe to take them. if it comes to worse ill hide them.

7. avatar Scott says:

There is an agenda here. This is a “mandatory weapons security” push. First, we show how 230,000 are stolen from homes each year. Then we parlay that “fact” into a need for mandatory safes and gun locks, and “safe storage” crap like NY and MA.

ABC is not our friend, under any circumstances.

Unbiased report my @ss.

2. avatar Goldenboy says:

This may also give the antis an excuse to push for gun owner liability if their guns are stolen and used in a crime.
      We’ve already heard rumblings about requiring gun owners to to carry liability insurance.

1. avatar Jake says:

Anything but increasing penalties for actual violent criminals, right?

3. avatar Rokurota says:

At least. Linking GUNS to CRIMES is Journalism 101. Never would a national journalist link a GUN to DEFENSE.

8. avatar Nick says:

We need to ban guns because home owners can’t keep them out of the hands of thieves. The was the message I got from it.

1. avatar Kir Janja says:

2. avatar Rokurota says:

+2, 3 and 4.

9. avatar Ron says:

I don’t see this as benefiting our side in the least.
    What I hear is if you don’t keep your guns in the biggest, strongest, heavest, most secure and secured safe available ( read most expensive) you are a criminal for allowing your guns to be stolen.
    Of course the best way to prevent guns from being stolen is to prevent guns from being sold.
    No guns, no gun theft.

1. avatar brian says:

The best way to prevent crime is to abort everyone. No people, no crime.

1. avatar blinkypete says:

Or just put us all in prison.

2. avatar Ron says:

Well brian, kind of late to prevent crime through abortion.
        But if we start now, we can prevent future crime and more importantly waste.
        Humans are the only species to waste.
        No people, no waste.
        Just a lush green planet with clean air and water.
        As God intended before he thought up man.
        Or before apes acquired rational thought.
        Depending on your beliefs.

1. avatar brian says:

You’ve never met a cat, then. They only eat half the mice they kill, little bastards. And they insist on bringing the rest home in a person bag.

3. avatar Ron says:

LOL!
        bon appetit.

10. avatar Ron says:

I’m almost positive I saw a Raven in the officers hands at the 2:05 mark.
    Those guns must come with a stipulation stating at some point during ownership they are to be stolen.

11. avatar Lance says:

I think some local TV news makers might be less biased. but any NY or DC based news will be full fascist. So dont hold your breath.

12. avatar Ryan says:

Check that out, a FS2000.

13. avatar Jim L says:

Wow, I can’t believe you guys fell for it. Dudes.. the push is “They steal your guns” now, so no one should have guns to steal.

Mountains of lies on pillars of truth..
    The best lies are made with the most truth..

pick your quote.. same shit, different way to say it. This video is the same shit, just said differently.

1. avatar Rocky L says:

That’s exactly how I interpreted it. If there were no guns to steal they wouldn’t get stolen. Anything published by the liberal media is going to be biased against guns and gun owners. You always have to read between the lines, no matter how unbiased it may seem.

2. avatar Regular Guy says:

Agreed; “yet another danger of having so many guns in circulation”.

14. avatar Davis Thompson says:

I wonder if the fine folk at the Journal News of Westchester Rockland, you know, those awesome “journalists” who published a map detailing the exact name, address and location of every pistol permit holder in Westchester/Rockland County (including me), saw this report. And if they had, would they have thought twice? Doubt it.

15. avatar Davis Thompson says:

By the way, my guns are now locked in a safe. When I’m out of the house, at least.

When I’m in the house, I keep at least one loaded and handy. Guess you could say having a little red dot that means “gun kept here” placed over my house on a Google map as made me a bit, oh what’s the word… cautious?

16. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

Just curious, how much time to you get for stealing a firearm? I’d suggest that first offense firearm theft gets you 20 years in a federal penitentiary. Maybe thieves will think twice about stealing them – $50 gets you 20 years! Thieves will be willing to take everything EXCEPT your firearms (unless they’re really stupid, which is likely since they’re thieves in the first place).

1. avatar blinkypete says:

Yeah, because criminals tend to be really forward thinking individuals, and we’ve got all this extra prison space lying around anyway.

17. avatar Josh says:

What I take from this is that the liberals in government are jealous, collectively THEY want to be the biggest gun thieves.

18. avatar JAS says:

As usual. They played around with the stats to make it look like a huge problem – like they always do. In reality, way less than 1% of the total number of legally owned guns by individuals get stolen in any given year. Need to subtract the number that get stolen in stores. And then, these robberies only end up arming way less than 1% of the total population of the country, and they are all criminals to begin with.

Typical redirection at work. The real problem is the criminals, not the guns. Want to fix it? Catch a person with a criminal record with a stolen gun in their possession, mandatory 20-year sentence in the federal pen – no age limit, no parole. AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

1. avatar Davis Thompson says:

My math says 0.083% stolen. And you can bet those numbers are media inflated.