Video: Noveske Rifleworks on John’s Death, and Not Attending Shot Show

When John Noveske died earlier this year, Kevin Brittingham started posting what has to be the most badass pictures of him and John on his Facebook page. We’re talking images of epic manliness, illustrating just how much John was a complete and total rockstar. And it looks like that culture bled over into his business as well. Fair warning: slightly NSFW video.

About Nick Leghorn

27 Responses to Video: Noveske Rifleworks on John’s Death, and Not Attending Shot Show

1. avatarPowers says:

RIP, God Bless

2. avatarMichael F. says:

Now that, is how you run a gun company.

3. avatarAccur81 says:

This is the kind of video that I would want. RIP John. The world lost a good man, but you and your work are not forgotten.

4. avatarIn Memphis says:

At first I was like, “wow she has no emotion what-so-ever” but then I was like (breif nudity) “oh, I get it.”

There is going to be an NSR in my AR’s future. If I can find one.

RIP John

5. avatarNick says:

Rock on, John.

6. avatarEsh325 says:

I think it’s in poor taste.

• avatarJustaThought says:

Then I’m pretty sure Mr. Noveske & His Family would prefer you to take your business elsewhere. So, no worries.

• avatarEsh325 says:

I’ve never bought from them before, and never intended to buy anything from them.

• avatarMatt in FL says:

Then why, exactly, are you here? To crap all over a statement from people who knew the guy, memorializing him in a way they knew he’d appreciate?

Someone has to be offended for something to be in poor taste. The company, his employees, and his wife approved of this video. Are you offended? Too bad. It’s not for you, it’s not about you, nobody gives a hot damn about you. GTFO.

• avatarEsh325 says:

If that’s what he wanted then more power to him, I was wrong then.

• avatarCarlosT says:

Your loss. Noveske rifles are top grade.

• avatarSammy says:

Lighten up. What better way to celebrate a man in his prime?

7. avatarAharon says:

RIP. This video was amazing I’m glad I watched it. I read an online commentary that only weeks earlier JN wrote an article, after the CT school shooting, covering how either all or almost all of the mass shootings were done by someone on anti-psychotic drugs.

I still have not heard a peep from any of the politicians about looking into the drugs prescribed to Americans and why our society even needs to take them now on such a mass basis when in previous generations they never existed. Politically and commercially there are some frightening actions going on behind the political scenes to expand the need for drugs for kids and adults. More medical problems and issues are being invented or created yearly.

• avatarSammy says:

The people prescribed psychotropic drugs, for their own good, will be the zombi hoard of the apocalypse.

• avatarDyspeptic Gunsmith says:

And they’ll become that bunch after their meds have run out.

Seriously, folks, I’m all for double-blind, statistically tested studies on meds.

But I’ve been around people who quit SSRI’s cold turkey… and they’re some seriously scary people.

We’ve had over 100 years of psychotherapy and we have more crazy people than ever. The pshrinks have done little other than “normalize” aberrant behaviors and perversions.

How did this happen? Easy. Go to a convention of pshrinks sometime. Look around. Right there, in front of you, you will see some seriously screwed up people with PhD’s and professional certifications after their names – peddling their nonsense as “science” and “medicine.”

In this as in so many other things, Dick Feynman proved prescient.

• avatarNot Jimbo says:

Seriously DG, do you have a blog somewhere? Everything I’ve read from you here on TTAG has been ridiculously informative, truthy and bang on the money.

• avatarWLCE says:

LOL some of the most mentally f^cked up people i know work in a psych related field. irony much?

8. avatarNick says:

Can we keep the politics on the political threads, please.

9. avatarDyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I find it exemplary that Mr. Noveske planned for his company to run without him. That’s a man who knows how to benefit his employees, because most small businesses won’t survive the death of their founder/chief bottlewasher/etc without a plan in place. The employees can’t act in the founder/owner’s stead without the proper authority being delegated upon the founder’s demise, and the business becomes tied up in probate (or worse) and everyone is soon looking for a job, the customers are left in a lurch, etc.

Everyone who wonders how they’ll be remembered by their family, kids and (possibly) employees could do much worse than to follow his example and do their estate planning well in advance of their death.

And if you’re fortunate enough to have a couple of very pretty gals make an “in their faces” video after your death to put a final finger in the eye of the humorless whinges that now infest the American landscape…. so much the better.

10. avatarMatt in SD says:

So moved I watched it twice. Ok, maybe three times.

11. avatarmatt says:

wtf was that?

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

It was awesome. Best tribute video ever, that’s what. I only WISH my friends and family were cool enough to do something like that if I died before my time.

12. avatartacticaldad says:

No Shoes
    No Shirt
    Noveske!

13. avatarOHgunner says:

What an epic send-off.

14. avatarDan says:

Where’s the link to these epic facebook photos?

15. avatarEPTinFLA says:

Are they taking applications?

16. avatarScott John Yarwood says:

John Im almost your age and I couldnt have wanted my staff to have a kick ass farewell video like that. Let me say you brought the mind set and enviorment that a MAN COULD ONLY DREAM OF! I had no intentions of going to shot show ever but after that i almost feel i have to do it before i die. Bucket list that shit. 2014 shot show here comes Scott the shit show. O one last thing Im never gonna get a complete rifle now that people are gonna have them on mantels in thier houses and offices. But i will be forever happy with my barrel. LOL Im gonna fram it next to my 1956 Dodgers baseball. RIP John. MY heart and tears go out to your family. SCOTT