Texas Senator Ted Cruz to Dianne Feinstein: FOAD

There’s something about the Senators from Texas that just gives me the warm fuzzies. First Tyler gets a lovely note from John Cornyn about how guns aren’t the problem, and now Ted Cruz is leading the charge against Dianne Feinstein’s latest attempt to screw the citizens of the United States out of their civil rights. Presser after the jump . . .

Washington politicians shouldn’t be taking advantage of recent tragedy to try to push an aggressive gun control agenda. Real assault weapons—machine guns—are already functionally illegal, and they have been since 1934. This proposal would have done nothing to prevent the terrible murders in Newtown, but it would limit the constitutional liberties of law-abiding citizens. And gun control doesn’t work – the empirical data overwhelmingly demonstrate that strict gun-control laws consistently produce more crime and more murders.

The Second Amendment exists to ensure that law-abiding Americans can protect their homes and families, and I look forward to helping lead the fight to defeat this bill and to protect our constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

[Source]

About Nick Leghorn

42 Responses to Texas Senator Ted Cruz to Dianne Feinstein: FOAD

1. avatarLiberty2Alpha says:

Go Ted.

2. avatarIn Memphis says:

Good for you Mr. Cruz and thank you!

Is he trying to do a Mr. Bean impression in that pic?

3. avatarCliff says:

Can we get any support from our pro-gun congress critters for a constitutional amendment?

I suggest an amendment to the consitution to read that any senator or congressman (woman/person) who voted in favor of legislation later found by SCOTUS to be unconstitutional should be immediately removed from office and barred from any elective or paid federal government service for life. Call it the FOAD amendment.

• avatarJPD says:

Great idea of yours. Of course something as good as that would never get in.

• avatarjan says:

How about a new amendment enshrining our god given inalienable right to keep and bear firearms without infringement…oh wait

• avatarSlab Rankle says:

A simple term limit amendment would be far more salubrious. Your idea makes the elected representatives of the people hostage to a capricious court.

• avatarmtx says:

Ted has already said he plans to introduce a term limit amendment this session: 2 terms for Senate, 3 for House.

It won’t get anywhere yet, but perhaps in the future.

4. avatarready,fire,aim says:

I love this state of Texas I live in…get em’ boy don’t take no sh*t from that hansom woman

5. avatarSoccerchainsaw says:

Finally, someone with a voice that is actually willing to state the obvious. Gun control leads to more murder and mayhem.

6. avatarJPD says:

I voted for this guy!!!! WOO HOO……Nice to know he is representing us in Texas. Poor kalifornians…….

7. avatarEric says:

Damnit, Nick. Quit making me want to move to Texas.

• avatarBadger 8-3 says:

“Damnit, Nick. Quit making me want to move to Texas.”

But…you don’t need to move to Texas, now do you?
      Sorry…couldn’t resist.

Good on you, Senator Cruz.

8. avatarKris says:

Love my Senator and Texas! Really sucks that we are stationed in Cali. Oh the freedoms you must sacrifice for service to your country.

9. avatarjwm says:

Good on you Sen. Cruz. Stop the awb, mag ban and all the other illegal moves from the anti’s and I will donate to your war chest even though I can’t vote for you. Being a Ca, resident and all. But I will send money in place of a vote.

10. avatarTheSleeperHasAwakened says:

Ted Cruz to Dianne Feinstein: COME AND TAKE IT!!!

11. avatarSkyMan77 says:

That’s great; we sure need a lot more leaders with a mindset like Senator Cruz. The only thing that bugs me about Texas are the Bugs, they can get massive from what I understand. I’ll take big bugs over big brother any day though….

12. avatarMark says:

I wish somebody would call Dianne Feinstein’s repeated attempts to overthrow the Constitution of the United States, specifically the Second Amendment, what those are: treason. I wish somebody would take the offence instead of the defence. Have her arrested and put on trial just like any other criminal masquerading under the color of authority. [Wikipedia: Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as "...[a]…citizen’s actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation].” In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aiding or involved by such an endeavor.] Since our legitimate government is the Constitution, overthrowing the Constitution is treason.

• avatarjp says:

People have said it. I believe there is a petition to try and get her impeached for exactly that.

• avatarStinkeye says:

Article III of the U.S. Constitution specifically defines the crime of treason: “Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Unfortunately, attempting to pass laws that are clearly unconstitutional still doesn’t qualify under this definition of treason.

• avatarmtx says:

And the Constitution disallows the detainment of a Congressman or Senator while in session.

• avatarBob2 says:

But, if we interpret the Constitution the way the democrats do, we the people can arrest these politicians and charge them with treason. It will take a few years for it to run through the courts up to the Supreme Court, and in the meantime, these monsters can sit comfortably in Guantanamo. :)

13. avatarDan likes tacos says:

This is why I love my state. Cruz is a good man and will fight the good fight. Someone like him ought to be running for president!

14. avatarJoe says:

Cruz for President 2016. If we have to have one, it might as well be Ted.

15. I don’t know the guy from Adam but I sure like the messages he is sending. Glad I voted for him.

16. avatarLance says:

May we give him support to kill DiFi’s gun ban bill!!!

17. avatarChuck in IL says:

God bless Texas.

18. avatarotalps says:

I really was hoping to read FOAD in his quote. I send her letters often saying just that but she never responds.

• avatarWilliam says:

I have the same problem. I answer her emails, and add a kind remark (such as “Hey Dearie! SOIAR!!!” as I send it back to her.

A few minutes later, it’s back in my SPAM folder. Must be something hinky in the address, huh?

19. avatarGS650G says:

How does President Cruz sound?

20. avatarDaniel says:

Ted Cruz, I will so man-hug you if ever we meet.

21. avatarWilsontx says:

The Texas pols seem to understand what we’re up against.

Not as straight forward and confrontational as the message from Ted Cruz…House Representative Roger Williams’ response:

Dear Mr. Wilson,

Thank you for contacting me regarding potential gun control legislation. It is good to hear from you and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I am deeply concerned by President Obama’s proposal which threatens our Constitutional rights. I oppose the use of executive orders to alter the Second Amendment and I will oppose any Congressional action that would erode our personal freedoms and the right to bear arms.

Although we can all agree that every effort should be made to prevent gun violence in our communities, how to accomplish these goals remains a difficult issue. As I await a final recommendation from the committees of jurisdiction and House leadership, please rest assured that I will keep your views in mind as Congress proceeds with its business in the months ahead. I take great pride in representing the 25th District of Texas and it is an honor to be your voice in Washington.

Thank you for sharing your views. I greatly appreciate hearing from my constituents. Please do not hesitate to contact me concerning this or any other matters that are of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Roger Williams
    Member of Congress

22. avatarWilliam says:

Just wanted to state my preference for ESAD.