New from Caracal: Carbine in 9mm

Caracal is the manufacturer of El Jefe’s favorite carry gun, and after firing it today I completely see why. But this year, they’re at SHOT showing off their very new carbine that takes Caracal magazines in 9mm. It looks oddly reminiscent of the Beretta Cx4 Storm, but instead of the magazine being in the grip its forward of the trigger. Its sleek and plastic, and very low recoil, and shipping within the next few months. Video after the jump . . .

About Nick Leghorn

23 Responses to New from Caracal: Carbine in 9mm

1. avatarAlphaGeek says:

You know that forward-positioned mag well makes it an “assault weapon” and possibly a “weapon of war”, right?

• avatarRussell says:

Don’t forget weapon of mass destruction or weapon of mass death. Kinda like liberalism

• avatarS.CROCK says:

its funny, i have heard some grabbers say “guns for mass killings and slaughtering people… and they only belong in the hands of the military and the popo.” all in the same sentence.

2. avatarTV says:

Actually, the mere fact that it has a pistol grip and a detachable magazine makes in an “Assault Weapon” where I live.

• avatarJSIII says:

Thumbhole stock is why they can import it with a detachable mag like that if memory serves. I like the concept, I love the Caracal but I wish it could take more readily available mags with an adapter like glock mags or sig mags.

3. avatarQuantum Zen says:

Is that a grip safety?

4. avatarMatt in Atl says:

While this looks like a nice evil black rifle, I’m growing more and more weary of Caracal after the recall and subsequent horrific customer service I’ve experienced thus far. I want to like my them, but if their business model is to get these out the door as fast as they can and then offer no service, I’ll pass.

5. avatarFenceJumper says:

If it is anything like the CX4 it will be awesome. Love my CX4!

6. avatarRKBA says:

But are they “drop safe”?

7. avatarTommy Knocker says:

Other than the plastic stock it looks to me like my goto gun. A Marlin Camp Carbine in 45acp.

8. Any word on price? I like PCCs but most tend to be over-priced imho. The ones that aren’t… Well, they end up being impossible to find. A real catch 22.

9. avatarSilver says:

Just started looking for a pistol caliber carbine, hard to find one when stores are out of stick and private sellers jack up to 2X MSRP. Might just wait and take a look at this one, I like the look.

10. avatarg says:

Would love to try shooting a Caracal to see the hype; haven’t been able to get my hands on one here in WA state, though. =/

I like the idea they’re expanding to carbines, though.

11. avatarctay says:

Nice. I’ve been looking for a pistol cal carbine. Hopefully they can be purchased one day. Yeah that does look like a grip safety, similar to my XD45. Hopefully, if available, they’ll offer 30+ round mags too.

12. avatarAlex G. says:

I will definitely keep this on my watch list

13. avatarChach says:

Direct blow back? meh.

14. avatarإبليس says:

A grip safety on a carbine makes sense. Why is it generally accepted for pistols to lack an external/manual safety but not rifles?

15. avatarRecoveringAtheist says:

The more I see these carbines the more I love my Ruger PC9.

16. avatarTim says: