K-Var to Import, Sell Shiny and Pretty Commemorative AKs

Mikhail Kalashnikov turned 90 years old not too long ago, and to commemorate that moment Arsenal produced a limited number of commemorative presentation grade AK-74 rifles. Now, K-Var will be importing a select number of those rifles for sale in the United States. The guns come with a pair of white gloves (as your hands aren’t worthy to mar the finish of this gun) and are offered in either a silver or gold model (that being the color of the bolt carrier). As for price, if you have to ask, you can’t afford it.

About Nick Leghorn

29 Responses to K-Var to Import, Sell Shiny and Pretty Commemorative AKs

1. avatarBlake says:

Gad, what’s next? A presentation model of a Yugo?

2. avatarmountocean says:

Bummer they chose to go in presentation grade plastic. I don’t always act a snob, but when I do I prefer hardwoods.

3. haha…. I don’t even clean my AK’s… I just let the dirt build up because it gives them more character.

4. avatarMilsurp Collector says:

The reason I don’t buy commemorative anything is because I know that within a year I’ll get sick of seeing the engravings on my gun every time I take it out of the safe and wonder “Why did I pay so much for this?”. I would much rather pay the all ready expensive price for an arsenal ak, and then try to find some original Soviet wood to put on it.

5. avatarjwm says:

Shiny? Pretty? Did hell just freeze over? Are you trying to upset the natural order of things? Talk about trying to make a silk purse from a sow’s ear.

6. avatarJoe Grine says:

Yawn….

7. avatarTheSleeperHasAwakened says:

While it’s for sure cool for the collector, it’s a bit ironic model seeing as AKs are known for the abuse they can take and keep on working.

Definitely wouldn’t want to throw that AK in the mud.

8. avatarDon says:

Do they make one with a bullet button and 10rnd magazine for those of us in Kalifornia?

9. avatarg says:

Pretty cool, but I think I’ll save up my money for a shiny new Tavor instead…

10. avatarduke nukem says:

im sure i could chrome plate my ak and its still better looking than this one. my opinion on”collectors edition” is the amound of rounds it has eaten, not sitting pretty in a display case

11. avatarLance says:

Love the shiny AK-74M!!!! Buy a few Nick!!!

12. avatarWilliam says:

Mommy! Buy me that commie!!!

Some folks just can’t see the value in an indestructible tool that will never let you down. I, on the other hand…

13. avatarRandy Drescher says:

Yes, all you imperialist dogs, behold the magnificance of the mighty AK(& now improved with chrome plating). pierce migraine would drop over if he saw this, Randy

14. avatarLars says:

AKs are meant to be shot, abused, thrown, dirtied and actually used. Just another dumb idea to grab more money from a few of us.

15. avatarNazgul says:

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious.

16. avatarNazgul says:

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. Can’t afford it, and will probably be banned.

17. avatarKDB says:

If you were to give me one, I would take it to the range and run it.
    I have several guns that I purchased brand new, I was running them within the week. I do not own a gun that I have not run at least 100 rounds through it. The same would be true for this one!