John Noveske Killed in Car Accident

Noveske Rifleworks is one of the premiere AR-15 barrel builders in the United States. I’ve used one of their complete upper receivers for years in 3-gun competitions and even after thousands of rounds the thing continues to out-shoot me. In short, their stuff is amazing and one of the watchwords for quality in the industry. John Noveske was the man behind Noveske Rifleworks, founded in 2001 with the goal of making precision AR-15 rifles, and according to the Oregon State Police he was involved in a fatal car accident late Friday night. Make the jump for the official statement from Noveske Rifleworks . . .

Noveske Rifleworks would ask you to remember the passing of our founder, John Noveske, who died Friday, January 4th 2013 in an automobile accident.

John planned for all eventualities, and wanted to ensure any changes would be as seamless as possible for our customers, dealers, suppliers, employees and friends. While this will be a trying time, we do not expect a change in the day to day operations of Noveske Rifleworks. We would like to thank you for your support as we deal with our loss, and would ask that instead of flowers, you consider a donation to a cause we will announce at later date.

John was more than just the founder of Noveske Rifleworks, he was a loving husband and father, and caring friend.

About Nick Leghorn

56 Responses to John Noveske Killed in Car Accident

1. avatarDWE says:

RIP John.

2. avatarBryan says:

Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends. R.I.P. good soldier………

3. avatarDisThunder says:

This is a depressing day, among weeks worth of sad days, in our hobby and passion.
    I hope Noveske Rifleworks can carry on proudly in his name.

4. avatarLance says:

RIP John hope you legacy never dies.

5. avatarIn Memphis says:

Rest In Peace. My thoughts to his family, freinds and employees.

Recently, I have been torn as to what hanguard to put on my AR. The Noveske NSR has been at the top of my list although I have held back because of its cost. In honor of John, his family and employees Im going to forget about my wallet for one day and buy the NSR.

6. avataruncommon_sense says:

The timing of this fatal car crash concerns me greatly given the recent spike in hatred for all things AR-15. I sure would like to know the details of the crash … a mechanical failure leading to loss of control and the crash would be the worst case scenario.

I think I’ll go dig in my junk box for my tinfoil hat now.

• avatarSanchanim says:

Hey at least you said something about the tin foil hat and not me lol

RIP My prayers to his family, friends and all those at Noveske Rifleworks.

• avatarTotenglocke says:

Next we’ll see Ronnie Barrett mysteriously have a heart attack and then Alan Gottlieb and Larry Pratt mysteriously get severely injured.

• avatarCameron S. says:

Watch Dianne Feinstein fall ill from high-impact lead poisoning.

• avatarTotenglocke says:

I’d rather just see the bitch stroke out and be stuck in a nursing home slowly dying over the next four years. Same with all the other ancient gun grabbers.

• avatarblinkypete says:

Tinfoil hattery cheapens tragedy.

• avatarCarrymagnum says:

+ 1. But the high impact lead poisoning got me pretty good.

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

+1000. His death is a loss to the firearms community, and it’s offensive when people immediately start projecting their paranoia and conspiracy theories onto a tragic event.

• avatarpat says:

True, but lets just dwell (and dream about) the high impact lead poisoning joke. When senators flirt with taking away our freedom, such dreams sprout in many skulls. I hope, for her sake, that nobody turns such a dream into reality. The libtard media would surely create and use the bitch as an unholy martyr….which is the ONLY reason I would even care.

• avatarblinkypete says:

Her sake? Try our sake. She’d love nothing more to be a martyr for her cause, and there’s a long line of replacements waiting to take over for her. She’s a symptom, not the disease.

• avatarWLCE says:

people have a reason to be paranoid (warning PDF)

• avatarPascal says:

This is what the police are reporting

“GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — The authorities say a Grants Pass man died in a single-vehicle crash along Highway 260 west of the city.

According to Oregon State Police Sgt. Tyler Lee, 36-year-old John Noveske was ejected from his Toyota Land Cruiser after it failed to negotiate a curve, struck two large boulders and rolled.

Noveske died at the scene Friday evening. He was the owner of a local rifle manufacturing company.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Grants-Pass-man-killed-in-single-vehicle-fatal-4169889.php#ixzz2H9NTsItm

Maybe you can put those tin foil hat away. Probably too fast and hit black ice.

• avatarRandy Drescher says:

My thoughts too, lets hope someone INDEPENDANT can do the investigation, Randy

7. avatarblinkypete says:

Life is fragile. RIP John.

8. avatarCameron S. says:

I read somewhere that he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. If this is true, then this is even more of a damn shame.

Always buckle up, folks. Life is precious.

9. avatarJWhite says:

Wow.. Absolutely tragic. :/ The industry lost a great man yesterday. My thoughts and prayers go out to their friends, family. RIP John Noveske

10. avatarPowers says:

God Bless and Rest In Peace. Thank you for the innovation and the hard work you and your company put into the industry and The Second Amendment.

11. avatarLSUTigersFan says:

My prayers go out for him and for his family…

At least he is not nationally well known apart from those of us who know and recognize his brilliance. His family and memory will not have to suffer the Twitter trolls who would disrespect his memory.

12. avatarHooks says:

I would expect nothing but great guns from a man with a beard like that.

13. avatarNate says:

RIP John.

14. avatarOHgunner says:

Very sad day for not only friends and family, but for the entire industry.

15. avatarGyufygy says:

More people die from car accidents than guns. Ironic that a firearms maker died this way, but not statistically shocking, sadly.

• avatarjwm says:

Jim Cirrillo died in a car wreck after surviving I don’t know how many gun fights as a cop. Cars are as deadly a weapon as we’ve managed to come up with.

• avatarCarol says:

I sure hope they check his car to make sure no one messed with the steering…..

16. I was deeply saddened to hear this. I aspired, and still aspire, to own a Noveske weapon or barrel at some point. Mr. Noveske put together a fine company, and he will be missed.

17. avatarKirk says:

So sad. I regret not buying the AR15s urged on me by my arms dealer. Though I know they’ll carry on, America has lost a good man. R.I.P.

18. avatarLarry says:

America lost another patriot.

19. avatarSilver says:

No justice in the world. Why can’t things like this happen to Yee or Feinstein or others who truly deserve it?

• avatarIn Memphis says:

WHEN DiFi fails to get her AWB passed, Im sure she will finally succumb to her age. I mean seriously this woman was around probably since the founding fathers, the body can only take so much stress

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

Who are you and what have you done with Silver? This is at least the third time today I’ve agreed with something you’ve said.

20. avatarBobby McKellar says:

Rest well, sir.

21. avatarConcerned Friend says:

John was my friend and a true patriot. I can assure you there is no conspiracy as I also know those investigating the accident.

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

I’m sorry for your loss. John struck me as a real stand-up guy every time I saw him interviewed or quoted for articles.

22. avatarspeedracer5050 says:

RIP John!!
    Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the family, friends and employees!!
    God rest you Sir!!

23. avatarإبليس says:

May your eternal slumber be peaceful Mr. Noveske. My best wishes go to your bereaved kin. Let them prosper for decades to come and cherish you always.

24. avatarpat says:

Only 36. Wonder what he would/could have done with more time in mortal form.
    Looks like the lord needed a fine armorer. Old lucifer is in trouble now.

25. avatarJan says:

Just heard this mentioned at the range earlier today. Definitely not selling my Noveske now. Hoping those he left behind continue to thrive.

26. avatarCarlosT says:

Very sad. Best wishes to his family.

27. avatarW C says:

Condolences to his family. I’m sure there’s less than “seven degrees of seperation” betweeen us, as my uncle lives in Grants Pass and loves to go hunting “with the guys”.

28. avatarConnie says:

Ejected…I dont think so..No seat belt..Maybe not..The guy was a Family Man and concerned with Safety for others not just himself..Yes we do have much to be Paranoid about in these Crazy- Evil times..Not 2 many People tell the truth these days..Sadly, He was an EZ target..2 Young 2 die..I smell an Assassination…

29. Pingback: Rabbit holes, mind-control drugs, and shadow men | Caldwell TEA Party