I Really, REALLY Love Machine Guns

Honestly, I’m just testing some new settings on the site. But, as an added bonus, you guys get a peek inside my “happy place.” And for some reason it involves a man wearing pink . . .

About Nick Leghorn

27 Responses to I Really, REALLY Love Machine Guns

1. avatarg says:

Suppressor + lever action? Nice.

2. avatarMatt in FL says:

I saw the headline in my email subject line, and I didn’t even have to look to know that Nick would be the author.

3. avatarTeutonicTenifer says:

I am unfathomably jealous.

4. avatarjwm says:

We all love machine guns. But have you priced ammo lately?

5. avatarRandy Drescher says:

Nice guns, enough to put feinswine into cardiac arrest, keep up the good work, Randy

6. avatarensitu says:

Do what you love, the money will follow

7. avatarAharon says:

Nick, what is the make, model, and caliber of the lever action you were shooting @ .33 seconds?

8. avatarRopingdown says:

I must be in a pissy mood: What’s with looking at the safety when going to and from ‘auto’? What’s with lifting your cheek from the stock when you cycle a bolt action while shooting off-hand? And as for machine guns: It’s just different when (a) there’s a machine gun shooting back, a .50 or .51 cal., or (b) when you can see the bodies you are hitting. Discount my bleak view on machine-guns-as-fun. It just reminds me of local SWAT guys who have never experienced A and B. Hope you never experience A or B.

• avatarDoug says:

While I didn’t see combat, most of my brothers who did still really enjoy shooting machine guns. 11b

• avatarRopingdown says:

That’s natural. They enjoy it in a different way, though, if they’ve used them in combat. I’m too serious tonight….

• avatarGregolas says:

Thank you for your service RP. Glad you made it home safely and you can share sober wisdom with those of us who haven’t”seen the elephant”.
          I treasure the one time I got to”rock&roll” on a range. But we need to be reminded that these are practical tools for the shepherds of our nation too. We need to honor you shepherds who have kept us free to have this kind of fun.

• avatarBruce says:

Rope, I shot the AR-16 in combat in Viet Nam. I did not like the combat, but on the range, an automatic weapon just rocks. I can’t afford the ammo for one now, but they are a lot of fun to fire.

• avatarRopingdown says:

I understand machine guns are fun, exciting. Sorry to be heavy about it. Perhaps my message is “if you want to keep machine guns totally fun, avoid spending months using one against similarly armed enemy. It adds ambiguity or perspective to the fun, and makes it merely (for me, at any rate) training. The only auto item I’ve shot recently is a G36 German rifle at the State Police range. It was faultlessly reliable and accurate. If I had to pull the charging handle four times in one 30 round mag, I’d be deeply bothered, for example, and want to tear the thing down immediately. If you need auto, you absolutely need it not to jam or fail to go into battery. OK, I’m no fun on this issue. I get it. They are fun. Enjoy. I’m getting old. Laugh.

9. avatarNine says:

I really, REALLY want to play with a machine gun…

Is one mag from an MP5 too much to ask?

• avatarrosignol says:

Careful, I hear they’re expensive and addictive.

Probably cheaper to buy a boat.

• avatarAaronW says:

I fired MP5s at rental ranges a bunch of time. Far and away my favorite subgun – controllable and accurate with excellent ergonomics.

• avatarKeith says:

Front Sight has a lunch-break machine gun shoot. $30 to fire a mag.

FS marketing is horribly annoying (worse than NRA, if that’s possible), but once at the facility it is all business, and all enjoyable. Not a peep of FS hype to be seen or heard.

I have no affiliation, just a pleasantly surprised student.

10. avatarIndyEric says:

I need that tactical supressed lever action w/ red dot sight.

For deer hunting.

11. avatarNick says:

“Assault” cowboy action shooting.

12. avatarLSUTigersFan says:

I am REALLY, REALLY jealous. I have not shot full auto since the Marines.

13. avatarMad A says:

You haven’t shot an MP5 until you have shot one that is inside a briefcase. That is fun. Have to see if I can find a picture of it.

14. avatarMy name is Bob says:

Hell yeah! Lets get NFA repeal and the manufacture of new civie class 3 firearms on the agenda ASAP. We need to take back the rights of ours that have been eroded over the years. Forget holding off gun control where it is. We need to go on the offensive and roll back the BS we’ve become accustomed to being subjected to!

15. avatarVincento Douchebago says:

You look like a giant middle schooler:

-babyface