By Request: New Ruger SR1911 Commander

About Nick Leghorn

20 Responses to By Request: New Ruger SR1911 Commander

1. avataruhoh says:

Does this model include a siren and flashing light as a part of the loaded chamber indicator?

2. avatarWilliam says:

I DEFINITELY am showing that some love.

3. avatarAlphaGeek says:

The gun looks really nice. Hopefully we’ll see some reviews hitting the wire soon.

The watch band looks painfully tight. And I don’t see any Picatinny rails on it.

• avatarjwm says:

I thought we were referring to those as “wanker rails” now. Did I get the wrong memo?

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

I refuse to let some hack calling himself Diabetic Ginsmith define the terms of the debate!

Besides, “wanker rails” on a wristwatch just sounds dirty…

4. avatarJohn Fritz says:

One of my favorite guns I ever owned (stolen) was a Para Ordnance all-stainless Commander 1911. Superb balance, performance and appearance.

This Ruger just went on my “To Be Purchased” list.

5. avatarMichael B. says:

I bet a Ruger CCO would sell like hotcakes.

6. avatarSheep says:

I wish it was bobtailed. Why can’t we have a sub $1000 bobtailed 1911?

7. avatarShane says:

I’ve been thinking about getting into 1911′s, this might give me a jumping off point.

8. avatarSean says:

Why are they introducing new 1911 models when they are years behind on their regular full-sized model orders?

9. avatarJon says:

I own the full size version and absolutely LOVE it!!!

10. avatarRon Mexico says:

Thanks for the pics

11. avatarWilliam says:

“As requested by you guys last night, here are some pictures of the new SR1911 from Ruger. Its smaller, but otherwise exactly the same.”

Please excuse, but SMALLER THAN WHAT? ITSELF?

12. avatarBob Grueber says:

Just purchased a Ruger SR1911 Commander today. Yes, it is from a local gun shop, and it is as advertised. This is a true 1911 Commander with barrel bushing and all one would expect in a true 1911 package. Comparing this to the true Colt Commanders is easy as I have several of the Colts. This is as well made as the Colt from the physical inspection of the pistol. Firing it will be the true test, but right now the sub-zero wind chill makes that a little tough. No whinners now about this pistol being vapor ware.

13. avatarRandy says:

Waiting for mine to arrive at my LGS. I have had the SR1911 for 6 months and it is a fantastic shooter. Looking forward to putting this one on the range as well.

14. avatarDouglas M W says:

I just Purchased mine yesterday, so I haven’t fired it yet ,The Fit and Finish are great.I can’t wait for a day at the Range.

15. avatarGreg B. says:

Got my new Commander in February and have put about 500 rounds (4 different brands of ammo) through it. I have the full size SR1911 and love it (still do) but the CMDR is in a class by itself. Flawless right out of the box, great fit an finish and it feels awesome in the hand. Easy to shoot, and amazingly accurate. What a great piece!

16. avatarercillor says:

I have a full size SR1911 that I bought for home defense. It’s a beautiful thing which I keep next to my bed. Seems to me that — given the current methodology of digitally controlled robotic machining — there’s little reason why ANY two guns of the same design and materials shouldn’t be just as good as one another. That leaves only one difference and that difference falls under the heading of ‘romance.’

17. Pingback: ruger tattoos - Supercars experience