Because You Asked for It: Tavor Rifle and Conversion Kit

One of the more requested items we received was more information on the Tavor rifle and conversion kits. The nice thing about the rifle is that, if anything, it’s even easier to convert than the AR-15. All you need is a new bolt, barrel and magazine well adapter and you’re good to go. At the moment, IWI is planning on bringing two conversions to U.S. shores, a 9mm kit and a 5.45 kit. As for availability? . . .

For the rifle, they’re looking at March to have them shipping to distributors and on the shelves. The first conversion kit that will be available will be the 9mm and will be coming online in about 1 to 2 months. Magazines look like Sten mags, but are proprietary.

Then, around mid-summer, the 5.45 conversion will be available for you to finally use up those spam cans of Russian manufactured ammo you have sitting around.

About Nick Leghorn

31 Responses to Because You Asked for It: Tavor Rifle and Conversion Kit

1. avatarChuck says:

Needs .300blk.

2. avatarWilliam says:

5.45 is an interesting option. Then we can use all that captured Chicom ordnance.

3. avatarDavid W. says:

How long till .22LR conversion? That should be the first conversion any rifle gives out.

4. avatarJSIII says:

I want one so bad I can taste it. This is the perfect time to launch too. Flood the market at a time when AR15 stock levels are low. If they play it right they will build a loyal customer base quickly.

5. avatarHinshelworld says:

Any word on pricing for the Tavor?

6. avatarBob says:

What mags will it use for 9mm?

7. avatarRoss says:

I don’t need a Tavor but I’m going to get one for no other reason than to support the nation of Israel with my cash.

8. avatarJim R says:

I’d really like to get this. I especially like that it’s convertible to LH use for the southpaws among us.

9. avatarDaniel Silverman says:

Sooo RF when are you shipping me the tester model?? :-)

• avatarDavid W. says:

I can write in english with sorta okay grammar!

Send me the T&E sample! Support the young! Leave the old behind! They have T&E’d enough!

• avatarjwm says:

Dan, have you forgot we live in California? Besides, you got to use the unnuetered version in the IDF. Why ruin good memories of an old friend by hanging out with the impaired step son?

10. avatarg says:

I think if the rifle’s launch is a big success, it will be only a matter of time before a 3rd party manufacturer starts making conversions for other calibers. Better start saving for March…

• avatarBenny says:

If there are any available by then. Grabagun.com is already sold out for preorders. I just starting financing a new car too.
      Well I could try traveling by jumping and shooting the rifle at the ground….I am a lightweight

11. avatarNot Anon in Ct For Long says:

It doesn’t look they are listing a state-compliant version (assuming we’re not reduced to pointy sticks by then), but there’s no bayonet lug or folding stock, so the flash suppressor is the only problem. Since apparently the barrels come off quite easily, does anyone think there would be a way to have a barrel shipped separately via someone who can make the appropriate modifications?

12. avatarHighvoltage says:

9mm and .300blk would both be great for states that allow cans but not SBRs. I have some big decisions to make before I get into the quiet rifle club.

13. avatarBen Eli says:

I’m in Israel right now and I’ve talked to a few guys about how they like it vs. the M4 and nearly everyone I’ve met as spoken high praise of it.

14. avatarDerek says:

Any word on how much these bad boys weigh? I’d sell an organ to get one of these in 9mm but bullpups tend to be little on the heavy side.

15. avatarAaron says: