New from Kimber: Rimfire Compact Conversion Kit

Running low on the expensive, hard-to-find ammo? Have plenty of rimfire squirreled away in coffee cans? Bumming that you’re smaller-frame 1911 has kept you from buying a .22 conversion kit. Well bum no more, big boy. Kimber now has just the thing for you. Their new .22 LR conversion kit fits their smaller pistols like the Ultra Compact and Pro models. As well as just about any other small-framed mil-spec 1911. along with the slide and barrel, they include a 10-round mag. A shorter 8-round flush-fitter’s available, too. MSRP will be $340 and they’ll be out in 2-3 months. But it won’t take you much range time to pay for this thing when you tote up the .45 vs. .22 savings. Right? Another pic of one spotted in the wild after the jump . . .

9 Responses to New from Kimber: Rimfire Compact Conversion Kit

1. avatarGS650G says:

Maybe they should make a 7 round version for sale in their home state.

2. avatarAharon says:

These conversion kits can be interesting. I’m ok with my inventory of center fire ammo. It’s the .22 LR that I’m concerned about having less than 500 rounds.

3. avatarduke nukem says:

im interested more to see how kimber is gonna deal with the new retarded laws that ny has put in place. they are located in ny right?

4. avatartdiinva says:

Except you can spend a little more and get a GSG 1911-22. I gun designed for 22 will be more reliable than a conversion kit.

5. avatarKnowWhatIamTalkingAbout says:

Sure, you could save money, but also just buy a dedicated .22lr pistol for the price of this kit.

Besides, these kits don’t often work very well, are ammo finicky, and are not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

You would probably waste more time clearing jams than it is worth.

6. avatarMark says:

I got a Cenier .22 conversion kit years ago and would rather dry fire than shoot it. The .45 makes a nice boom and the .38 a reasonable bang but the .22 just goes pop.

7. avatarokto says:

Does it come pre-rusted?

8. avatarNick says:

My buddy has one for his full size. CCI or Winchester Super X are the only brands that will function and he still has problems. I told him to just plink with a 9MM. It’s still cheaper than these (or it was last summer)

• avatarGarand44 says:

I’ve had a Kimber conversion kit for several years, it is reliable and incredibly accurate. I wouldn’t trade it.