I Am A Gun Owner

Eric in NOLA

See all of the “I Am A Gun Owner” portraits here.  Please send your statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word PHOTO (all caps) in the subject bar. Let us know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous.

22 Responses to I Am A Gun Owner

1. avatarTyler Kee says:

Excellent!

2. avatarLarry says:

Nice

3. avatarkb says:

I am enjoying the creativity in the last few IAAGO’s.

4. avatarMatt says:

Probably my favorite one yet. Well said, Eric!

5. avatarNick says:

Well said and thank you, Eric.

6. avatarHuman Being says:

A man with which not to eff…

7. avatarBlinkyPete says:

Excellent success stories!

8. avatarSD3 says:

Well done, Eric.

9. avatarJames C says:

Eric – you make me proud to be an American!

10. avatarBilly Wardlaw says:

That’s great Eric. Glad to hear from you.

I would like to point out that the NRA is decidedly NOT a civil rights organization, and the ACLU is Anti Second Amendment. Just a thought.

• avatarEric_in_NOLA says:

I do not agree with everything that the NRA does nor do I support everything the ACLU does. Both, by and large, take positions that I agree with and thus I support them with my membership and dues.

The ACLU of LA has supported several gun owners in their suits against government entities. Here is one, a Google search for ACLU and Louisiana will show more. All politics are local.

• avatarBlinkyPete says:

I didn’t join the NRA until recently just because of that… you make excellent points for people that are still in my old mindset.

11. avatarjwm says:

Welcome Eric and have you ever considered moving? Your hood sounds a little off the hook.

12. avatarAlphaGeek says:

Eric, that’s easily the best gun-owner statement sheet yet.

Much respect for supporting both NRA and ACLU. I think there are a lot of folks who are confused about the ACLU’s priorities, because the broader civil rights work I see them doing is just as important as that done by the 2A-focused orgs.

13. avatarRandy Drescher says:

It’s great that you are here Eric, Randy

14. avatarLance says:

Im with you awesome for you post thank you for your service!!!!

15. avatarMark N. says:

NOLA? I thought that city ceased to exist. I haven’t been back since before Katrina., but a college buddy of mine was there a year later and was pretty stunned. At least one of my friends foolishly tried to ride it out–and did not make it. Nearly three hundred years later, it is still a ridiculous place to build a city. Nice to see Nagin getting his just desserts. If only they could take down the NOPD too.

• Yup we are still here. We are having a little football game next week, you may see it in TV.

Re: silly place to build a city- this place has been inhabited since right around the time Humans first walked past it. No sillier than Hoboken, NJ or L.A. (and I don’t mean lower Alabama).

Sorry your friend did not make it though Katrina.

I usually evacuate for the storms and then make a quick return. Stayed for a few- it is no joke- many ways to die during the storm- during Isaac I watched my neighbor’s slate roof become a death machine. Imagine 15 baseball pitching machines oscillating like a lawns sprinklers and randomly hurling slate roof tiles like ninja throwing stars. Unpleasant.