I Am A Gun Owner

Eric in NOLA

See all of the “I Am A Gun Owner” portraits here.  Please send your statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word PHOTO (all caps) in the subject bar. Let us know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous.

comments

1. avatar Tyler Kee says:

Excellent!

2. avatar kb says:

I am enjoying the creativity in the last few IAAGO’s.

3. avatar Matt says:

Probably my favorite one yet. Well said, Eric!

1. avatar Jeff Peterson says:

Especially the last bullet pointe.

1. avatar Gregg says:

Absolutely! Eric – great pic and post

4. avatar Nick says:

Well said and thank you, Eric.

5. avatar Human Being says:

A man with which not to eff…

6. avatar BlinkyPete says:

Excellent success stories!

7. avatar SD3 says:

Well done, Eric.

8. avatar James C says:

Eric – you make me proud to be an American!

9. avatar Billy Wardlaw says:

That’s great Eric. Glad to hear from you.

I would like to point out that the NRA is decidedly NOT a civil rights organization, and the ACLU is Anti Second Amendment. Just a thought.

1. avatar Eric_in_NOLA says:

I do not agree with everything that the NRA does nor do I support everything the ACLU does. Both, by and large, take positions that I agree with and thus I support them with my membership and dues.

The ACLU of LA has supported several gun owners in their suits against government entities. Here is one, a Google search for ACLU and Louisiana will show more. All politics are local.

1. avatar BlinkyPete says:

I didn’t join the NRA until recently just because of that… you make excellent points for people that are still in my old mindset.

10. avatar jwm says:

Welcome Eric and have you ever considered moving? Your hood sounds a little off the hook.

1. avatar Stinkeye says:

Yeah, two home invasions in five years, I’d be calling a real estate agent…

1. avatar Eric_in_NOLA says:

Never a dull moment. Imagine if I lived in a BAD neighborhood!

11. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Eric, that’s easily the best gun-owner statement sheet yet.

Much respect for supporting both NRA and ACLU. I think there are a lot of folks who are confused about the ACLU’s priorities, because the broader civil rights work I see them doing is just as important as that done by the 2A-focused orgs.

12. avatar Randy Drescher says:

It’s great that you are here Eric, Randy

13. avatar Lance says:

Im with you awesome for you post thank you for your service!!!!

14. avatar Mark N. says:

NOLA? I thought that city ceased to exist. I haven’t been back since before Katrina., but a college buddy of mine was there a year later and was pretty stunned. At least one of my friends foolishly tried to ride it out–and did not make it. Nearly three hundred years later, it is still a ridiculous place to build a city. Nice to see Nagin getting his just desserts. If only they could take down the NOPD too.

1. avatar Eric_in_NOLA says:

Yup we are still here. We are having a little football game next week, you may see it in TV.

Re: silly place to build a city- this place has been inhabited since right around the time Humans first walked past it. No sillier than Hoboken, NJ or L.A. (and I don’t mean lower Alabama).

Sorry your friend did not make it though Katrina.

I usually evacuate for the storms and then make a quick return. Stayed for a few- it is no joke- many ways to die during the storm- during Isaac I watched my neighbor’s slate roof become a death machine. Imagine 15 baseball pitching machines oscillating like a lawns sprinklers and randomly hurling slate roof tiles like ninja throwing stars. Unpleasant.