I Am A Gun Owner

DrVino

See all of the “I Am A Gun Owner” portraits here.  Please send your statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word PHOTO (all caps) in the subject bar. Let us know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous.

36 Responses to I Am A Gun Owner

1. avatarAlphaGeek says:

Right on, DrVino. Great to see your picture up there.

Also, 1998 called and they want their CRT monitor back. :)

2. avatarIndyEric says:

Someone buy that guy a new monitor.

• avatarDrVino says:

See my comment to AlphaGeek
      I’ve returned so many flat displays that did not deliver color and resolution…..
      If it was your brain scan, would you want me to have the newest and coolest or the stuff that gives me the most accurate info?

• avatarPascal says:

NEC makes medical displays and also have 10bit color depth displays provided you have the correct video card as well. The display means nothing without the correct video card, driver and display.

Also, your display must be color calibrated to your video card.

• avatarDrVino says:

This is a legacy Unix machine on a Digital Corp box. Have not seen anything do the job better yet.

The “problem” lies in the fact that it’s
          legacy” equipment, but nothing out there can display the images the way I need them better than this.

I like to call my system the Millenium Falcon of medical imaging platforms.

3. avatarLarry says:

Wow. That’s a powerful statement. Thank you Dr. Vino!

4. avatarThomas Paine says:

Let me guess. Jordan?

this is fun.

5. avatarNarcoossee says:

…And what about Twitter? Any TTAG presence there? Note his hash tag reference…

• avatarDrVino says:

Are you trying to “out” me?
      As a physician copping to owning guns, I can handle only one coming out of the closet (er…. gun safe) in a day….

• avatarNarcoossee says:

Doc -

I don’t understand your comment.

• avatarDrVino says:

I was trying to make a funny.
          Having seen what it’s like to hold other, politically incorrect beliefs back in the home country, I try to keep my gun interests on the down-low in professional circles.
          Not that there are no pro-gun docs: http://www.drgo.us/

• avatarShankbone says:

He’s making a joke, a funny joke about outing himself as a gun-owning physician, which is, unfortunately, an unpopular title in Dr. Vino’s line of work.

6. avatarBadger 8-3 says:

DrVino, thank you. Not only for the services you provide as a physician, but also for your stance in regards to firearms ownership.

Again, thank you.

v/r
    Badger 8-3

7. avatarDrVino says:

Thanks to everyone for the kind, welcoming and supportive words.

8. avatarmchad says:

Way to represent the medical community!

9. avatarBlinkyPete says:

This might be the most powerful one I’ve seen so far. Well done.

10. avatarGerard says:

Go Illini!

11. avatarRon Jones says:

Its been said but OMG you lose 10 cool points for that computer set up.

I almost cant take you seriously after seeing that picture.

• avatarDrVino says:

Well, Ron Jones. You’re welcome to have your brain scan read by someone with a cool new monitor.
      Then, when you need an expert opinion, I’ll look at it on my ugly old CRT ;)

12. avatarokto says:

This is the first IAAGO that has moved me. Gunned down for protesting food prices…

13. avatarBrian in CA says:

So Doc, I am late to the comment party, but I thought you should know that there are still Docs that take the 2A seriously even in California. I’ve done Range Safety Officer duty with a great ENT, and my wife’s ENT even trailed a bank robber until the PD could catch up (both in my gun club). Had a Doc shoot at our 4th of July Garand match, even!

I like your juxtaposition of food riots to government tyranny – that is a CONCRETE event, not a “nibbling away of rights” that the anti’s want to paint as merely a more modern view of the social contract.

Regards,