Update: SHOT Show Crew Trickling In

Image: Chris Dumm

Image: Chris Dumm

As I wend my way to Las Vegas for the SHOT SHow, it’s been a day chock-full of win so far: no TSA lines at the airport, a whole empty row of seats to myself on the flight and a quick, early check-in at The Venetian. As usual, I’m the first boots on the hallowed ground of the SHOT Show, but I’ve got to go forage for provisions like trail mix and sports drinks (and little airline bottles…) before the rest of the crew arrives.

Image: Chris Dumm

Oh yeah, one more win: we’re actually staying at the Venetian this time instead of slumming it at the Imperial Palace, and Joe’s not coming in until tomorrow night at the earliest, so I’ve got this pimpin’ big suite to myself for a day or two. Not that any of us are going to spend much time here over the next five days…

comments

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

I was jealous when I saw that you were staying at the Venetian, one of my favorite hotels in LV. Now that I’ve seen the pic of that spectacular suite I might actually hate you. But just a little.

1. avatar Evan says:

Lol i think i got jealous when he said he was going to shot show.

2. avatar Joke & Dagger says:

Is that the suite where Prince Harry had his orgy a couple of months ago?

2. avatar Lance says:

CALM DOWN NICK!!!! I know your so getty to see new ARs Tavors and AKs but that is tomorrow so calm down dont hyperventilate!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

I’ve been reading and hearing about how there’s an ammo shortage, but I’ve been able to buy all the 22’s, 9’s, 45’s and even 223’s that I’ve needed. I guess my local gunshop bought plenty of ammo because he still has plenty to sell and it’s still selling at his old prices.

1. avatar Ruun says:

Do they have a website and can I order ammo off of it?

4. avatar Aharon says:

Don’t forget to post pics of the visiting Israeli models doing room service.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Last I checked, they had a strict “no photos” rule.

1. avatar Aharon says:

One can hope. Hey, I see that you’ve changed your photo again.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Nope, I’ve only had two. First the pretty blonde, now the lethally cute munchkin.

2. avatar Aharon says:

Didn’t you have one before the pretty blonde? Is she your munchkin?

3. avatar Matt in FL says:

No, I did not, and no, she’s not mine. I don’t have kids, or the prospect of kids, but should that change, I hope mine looks like her.

2. avatar Chris Dumm says:

Farago has announced that Joe Grine will be responsible for ‘Booth Babe’ photos and interviews. Some of the Armed Intelligentsia weren’t happy with our collective Booth Babe coverage, and we hope that Joe’s refined taste in women and his photographic skills will make this year’s offerings more gratifying.

OMG, you actually stayed at the Inferior Pal’s Ass? Check everything for bedbugs!

I’ve stayed at the Venetian maybe a dozen times. Love it, but my new best friend in LV is The Rio. $30 a night for a great suite, wonderful staff and there’s one slot machine in the Ipanema Tower that’s been berrry berry good to me.

1. avatar Ted says:

+1 for the Rio. Spent many a bachelor party in the pool/hot tub. Cheap by Vegas standards.

Don’t climb the fake rocks going after a beach ball after too many drinks…the lifeguards don’t like that….or so I’ve heard.

2. avatar Chris Dumm says:

We did, and some of us did come home with bedbugs. NEVER AGAIN!

If they want my Venetian room-card, they’ll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!

6. avatar SD3 says:

Sweet Mother Mary, I am sooooo envious. A week-long adrenaline rush. Not sure I could survive that at my age.

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

And that’s not even counting the editorial meeting at the Spearmint Rhino.

2. avatar jwm says:

Think of the smile that would be on your face when the coroner’s crew came to collect you. Worse ways to go than partying in Vegas.

7. avatar ensitu says:

My last SHOT Show was in 2002, I stayed at a cheap hotel run bythe Greek Mafia!

8. avatar Pete says:

Stand on 17, hit on 16. Though I generally play more cautiously and stand on 14+.

9. avatar Aharon says:

I’ve heard a rumor that VP Biden is flying out to SS to meet with the staff of TTAG.

10. avatar Destrado says:

+1 for the Venetian as they have been stellar with me and their food court is fairly priced in comparison to the other food courts in Vegas.

I’d check out Casa Fuente in the Forum Shops if you’re a cigar guy too.