New From Magnum Research: Ported .50 ‘Deagle’

The new porting on the .50 Desert Eagle is said to substantially reduce felt recoil. I’ve never shot an un-ported one so I couldn’t possibly comment on that, but you can see it still gives a bit of a nudge with the launch of each thumb-sized bullet.

It doesn’t show up well in this video, but when I shot the (frozen solid and thus no longer ‘bleeding’) Zombie target in the shoulder, it blew out a chunk the size of a quarter-pounder with cheese and left a hole I could literally see daylight through at perpaps 15 yards.

I can’t afford the .50 Deagle, I couldn’t carry it, and my average-sized hands can barely hold it. And I don’t care.

comments

1. avatar Jesus says:

So I take it you want one?

2. avatar JSIII says:

I was at an indoor range the other day and I couldn’t stand the 50 cal Deagle the guy next to me was shooting. It was freakin loder than the AR-15 my brother in law and I were shooting! I thought someone was shooting 500 S&W or maybe a small cannon…

3. avatar Tommy Knocker says:

Illegal in New York…the new law outlaws pistols weighing over 50 ozs. NO I AIN’T KIDDING YOU….

22. “Assault weapon” means
    (C) A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE
    MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:

(VII) A MANUFACTURED WEIGHT OF FIFTY OUNCES OR MORE WHEN THE PISTOL IS
    UNLOADED;

1. avatar Gyufygy says:

The hell? Discriminating based on weight, how unprogressive.

1. avatar Jesse Nelson says:

My money is on the idea what the State wrote that law just to ban the DEagle.

2. avatar Air Force TSgt says:

Maybe they can put out a carbon or poly version just to piss off NY

3. avatar Aharon says:

It must be Bloomberg’s input, like he did with super-size soft drinks trying to reduce the weight issue, and in this case the quantity of raw materials used.

4. avatar Matt in FL says:

That “50 oz” language is straight out of the 1994 AWB.

4. avatar Jesse Nelson says:

Personally I really like the Desert Eagle. Although I don’t like the .50 AE round. I’d stick with the .44 Magnum modem. Hopefully, if this works out, they’ll look into make a ported model of that one.

I can describe the recoil of a standard (unported) Deagle as follows: Take two shots in rapid succession, both at the same downrange B27 target. The first shot impacts the target and blows it to sh!t. The second shot impacts a Canada goose in flight and blows it to sh!t and feathers.

Any questions?

6. avatar Matt in FL says:

Getting a lot of use out of that little camera, eh, Chris?

1. avatar Chris Dumm says:

Yup. I love it, but I need to mount it a little higher on my ears.

Last year we had no helmet-cams so Farago and I traded off cameraman duties. This year he spent the morning with the EMTs being treated for hypothermia.