New From Kel-Tec: Bigger Magazines

In what I’d like to think is a nicely-timed FU to Andrew Cuomo (but probably isn’t) Kel-Tec is showing off higher-capacity magazines for their PF-9, P-3AT and P-32 subcompacts. The new PF-9 mag shown above gives you an extra round of 9mm (up to 8+1) and lets you wrap an extra finger around the grip; both of these are good things in my book. It’s available as a whole magazine, or as a 1-round baseplate extension to existing magazines…

The P-32′s extended magazine isn’t new (it’s been out for several months) but it ups your ante from 7+1 to 10+1 rounds of diminutive .32 ACP. Who knows when you might get mauled by a pack of poodles?

Also available (not shown): P-3AT 1-round extended baseplates and 9-round extended magazines.

23 Responses to New From Kel-Tec: Bigger Magazines

1. avatarBilly Wardlaw says:

At some point, shouldn’t Kel-Tec quit adding new weapons and accessories to their production lines, and ramp up production on the things they already make? I would still like a KSG, but I don’t really want to pay 2 to 3 times the MSRP for it. What gives?

2. avatarJoe Grine says:

Did they have any “George Zimmerman” product lines?

3. avatarAharon says:

I don’t think the gun lock, positioned as it is, will keep the pistol from firing. Any word on when the Sub-2000 and PMR-30 and will be realistically available in stores? KT’s KSG shotgun is now up to $880 msrp. Allegedly, KT recently hiked up the price $300 claiming it might soon be banned under the DiFi hit list.

• avatarChris Dumm says:

The padlock won’t prevent it from firing, but the missing firing pin will. All demo guns are defanged and inspected by the NSSF safety officials.

• avatarAharon says:

Good idea. If one weirdo was to chamber a round and fire it the anti-gun mass media would announce it for days.

• avatarRandomString says:

It seems like that padlock is to keep someone from stealing the gun while it’s on display. It’s nowhere near the trigger and like you said would do nothing to prevent someone from firing the pistol. In other words, that’s not a “gun lock”.

4. avatarTV says:

It’s a shame my P3AT can’t get through a magazine without a malfunction.

• avatarHinshelworld says:

That sucks… Mine has been flawless for hundreds of rounds right out of the box, hollow points and FMJ.

• avatarTV says:

Yeah, I should probably send the darn thing back to Keltec and see what they can do for me.

• avatarMamba says:

Do so. My P3AT, owned/carried for years, has been flawless. I’ve owned several KT products. KT CS has always met or exceeded my expectations.

5. avatarKyle says:

Hello Ruger, are you listening? The public wants an extended magazine for the LC9 too. Way to go KelTec.

• avatarbrcSVO says:

From Ruger’s website (new products section)….

Ruger is also introducing new accessories to complement its firearms. New magazines include extended 7-round magazines for the Ruger® LCP® and extended 9-round magazines for the Ruger® LC9™. In early 2013, six varieties of Ruger® Scope Rings will also be available and sold two per pack.

As an LC9 owner, that makes me pretty happy.

6. avatarMike in NC says:

Having an option of a larger magazine which extends the entire grip was one of the features that played a role in my decision to go with a Sig P290RS over a large field of pocket 9′s which included the PF-9. Good to see more manufacturers extending themselves in this area.

7. avatarGs650g says:

I’ll try and get one for my p3at. In about a year.

8. avatar"lee n. field" says:

The +1 base for PF9 magazines has been around for a bit.

9. avatarduke nukem says:

F**K. i just sold my pf9!!!!

10. avatarGyufygy says:

Fewer new products, more manufacturing of current products, better quality control and better customer service when products do (inevitably) go bust. Otherwise, they’re just going to be an R&D department for other companies.

• avatarAPBTFan says:

Taurus would do well to make it easier to order parts. I lost the firing pin block spring for my 709 Slim and shouldn’t have to call them on the damn phone and give a CC# or send it in for a pissant little part like that. None of the sites like Midway, Brownells or Numrich had it. If they don’t want to bother with an online parts dept then at least let retailers sell a complete list of parts.