New from Magnum Research: Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50AE with 10″ Barrel

Over the years, the Desert Eagle .50AE semi-automatic pistol developed a [well-earned] reputation as a jam-o-matic. The fact that ne’er-do-wells and aesthetically-challenged collectors cherished gold versions of the “Deagle” (now with tiger stripes) did nothing for the gun’s rep amongst the cognoscenti. Some two years ago, Kahr Arms bought the brand. Ralph reviewed the Israeli-made Desert Eagle Classic for TTAG and loved the gun, such as it is: “Shooting a Desert Eagle is like taking a honeymoon in Las Vegas. There’s no justification for it, except for having a raucous good time and burning through all those cash wedding gifts when your spouse isn’t looking.” That was the 6″ barrel. Because that gun was as wieldy as a “flaming porcupine,” Magnum Research has re-introduced the Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50AE pistol with a 10” barrel. Your $1600 buys you a really dopey-looking gun, better accuracy (though not an issue) and lots more more BAZINGA! Press release after the jump . . .

Pearl River, NY –-(Ammoland.com)- USA based Kahr Arms and the family of firearms that also includes Magnum Research and Auto Ordnance, re-introduces the Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50AE pistol with a 10” barrel.

The DE5010 is a .50AE gas-operated, rotating bolt semi-automatic pistol. It is constructed with a high-quality carbon steel barrel, frame and slide, and a full Picatinny rail system on the barrel.

The DE5010 also features fixed combat-style sights. The pistol is finished in black oxide, but, other custom finishes will be available in the future. The Desert Eagle Mark XIX with the 10” barrel is also offered in a .44 Magnum model.

The barrel length on the DE5010 is 10” making the overall length 14.75 ” in either caliber. The bore diameter is .495” for the .50AE, .429 for .44 Magnum, height is 6.25” and the slide width is 1.25”. Total weight with an empty magazine is 4 lbs. 12 oz. Magazine capacity is 7 rounds for the .50AE and 8 rounds for the .44 Magnum. MSRP on the DE5010 is $1,683.00 and the DE4410 is $1,650.00

comments

1. avatar JSIII says:

So basically its the gun from Red Heat? Nifty…

1. avatar Roll says:

“Who is Dirty Harry?” Lol

2. avatar Paul says:

Look up LIBOR Scandel. Holmes and Lanza are connected. Their fathers were to testify before congress. Check it out!

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

That is one ugly gun. Looks like the kind of thing that should be in a sepia-toned photo from a hundred years ago, filed under the heading of “stuff that didn’t work.”

3. avatar Pulatso says:

Looks insane. Which means I want one.

4. avatar Johnny says:

INB4 its an assault weapon used for the mass slaughter of all living things.

5. avatar Hanover Fiste says:

What the…I don’t even…

6. avatar David W. says:

It would look better if it didnt seems like all they did was shove an extra few inches of barrel out at the end of the slide… If they extended everything out the extra bit it would look less WTF to me.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

If they extended everything out it would weigh somewhere between a Sherman tank and an aircraft carrier.

(You should know that because this is the internet, in my head I wrote that as “…and your mom” but I changed it before I typed.)

1. avatar ProfBathrobe says:

Wouldn’t more weight be a good thing when it comes to 50 cal recoil?

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Up until the point that it’s no longer feasible to hold the thing up.

2. avatar Sid says:

Matt in FL always keeps it classy.

7. avatar jwm says:

That gun looks like it was purpose built for ham fisted Austrian actors.

8. avatar jim says:

I value the 1st Amendment as much as the 2nd – which means my freedoms of speech and religion give me the right to not support lunatic-fringe cults who raise funds with firearms manufacture. No matter how cool it is, I’m not buying anything made by a subsidiary of Kahr, which has always been a subsidiary of Rev. Sun Moon’s Unification Church. A shame, because the Desert Eagle has always been up there with the M1 Thompson carbine as totally useless guns I’d love to own. Lord Almighty, next thing you know Lakewood Church here in Houston will come out with their own AR-15… but no matter how nifty it is I’m not giving Joel Osteen a dime. And the same goes for the Sun clan.

1. avatar Pencotron says:

Joel Osteen – LOL

How would he make the AR to where anytime you looked at it you saw that creepy lifeless smile?

2. avatar Aharon says:

Too funny and insane to consider: religious groups in America coming out with their own unique guns designs. Maybe with some scripture on the side? No thanks, those would not be for me. Probably bad for the image of the gun community.

9. avatar Mr. Pierogie says:

Obviously, when I look at a Desert Eagle my first thought is: this thing isn’t big enough!

1. avatar andy says:

They used to make 14″ barrels. So, double the length of that goofy proboscis.

1. avatar Groo says:

They aught to make a carbine kit with a 16″ barrel. The stock could attach with the grip. I’ve been thinking about making my own if I could find a 14″ barrel (permanently attach a muzzle device) and a pistol for a reasonable price.

10. avatar speedracer5050 says:

I shot one of the DE’s when the 44mag came out. If I had the extra income for gun and ammo?? Eh maybe. The 44 seemed like a decent pistol. The grip was te one thing as far as ergonomics go I had a hard time getting used to. .50ae?? Might be fun.
    Need an AK or two first tho’.

11. avatar BurnOut says:

That is easily one of the ugliest guns I have ever seen in the history of… ever.

It the ugliest gun I’ve ever seen in the history of ugly.

It looks like the bastard son of a Luger and a Deagle. I guess we can call it a Lugle. Or better still, a lugie.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

My first Ralph-based out-loud laugh of the day.

13. avatar Sid says:

Danny Vermin: I got something to stop him.
    Dutch: They made it for him special. It’s an eighty-eight Magnum.
    Danny Vermin: It shoots through schools

14. Who’s worried about accuracy with such a large round?

15. avatar Silver says:

Sweet, another gun we slaves will be banned from using by our overlords.

16. avatar Goldenboy says:

Looks like a Desert Eagle eating a Ruger Super Blackhawk

17. avatar revjen45 says:

Does it come with wheels and a trail as options?

18. avatar Uncle Lar says:

Friend of a friend asked me to look into reloading for his Deagle as he was paying something like $3 a round for factory. Took a bit of experimentation, but I eventually worked up a load with 300 grain copper plated slugs that worked reliably. Did discover that cartridge overall length is critical and that huge heavy action really needs a near maximum powder charge. Cost for the loads with new Starline brass was right at a buck each.