Housekeeping: TTAG Crests 1M Unique Visitors Per Month

The Truth About Guns (TTAG) has reached another milestone: 1M unique visitors per month. While I wish the circumstances surrounding this accomplishment were different I’m not going to apologize for our success. TTAG earns its audience through hard work, persistence and passion; we’ve published 11,330 posts in less than three years. And counting. But it’s not just about volume. TTAG provides a safe, sane gathering place for the firearms community to read and share their opinions on gun news, views and reviews; updated hourly from 8am to 8pm EST (and then some). In these challenging times for gun rights, TTAG remains dedicated to providing the highest quality, most timely firearms-related information possible. We thank you, our Armed Intelligentsia, for giving us the opportunity to fulfill this mission.

comments

1. avatar Nick V. says:

Thanks for using the right term, unique visitors, and not the idiotic “hits”, which means nothing.

1. avatar Sanchanim says:

Hits sound so violent, I don’t care for it either lol

1. avatar Aharon says:

Me too. When I read the word ‘hits’ I shiver and think of all the people liberals Bill and Hillary Clinton ordered assassinated.

Mission Success. Great job on the numbers and congrats team!

2. avatar Nick V. says:

A “hit” can be generated not by just the page itself but by all the resources loaded with it, meaning every image will be a hit. Some people with failing Web sites like to advertise thousands of hits but it only means sometimes a dozen visitors a day.

2. avatar Hazzard Bagg says:

Our oasis of clear thinking in a wasteland of ignorance and emotion.

3. avatar Matt in FL says:

One Million = 1M, not 1m

M is the SI symbol for mega, or 10^6
    m is the SI symbol for milli, or 10^-3

Thanks.

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Tough room. As always. Text amended.

1. avatar psmcd says:

And a good reason why more folks read through the material and responses here. This is a good place to winnow the emotional and statistical chaff.

2. As an engineer I applaud you consistent mathematical corrections Matt.

4. avatar Billy Wardlaw says:

Congratz!

5. avatar mountocean says:

When you say updated hourly, does that mean I don’t have to click refresh every three minutes checking for new articles?

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

If you tick the two boxes under your reply, you can stop abusing your F5 button. You’ll get an email when a new post goes up. I recommend a filter of some kind, because it can get overwhelming.

1. avatar Kelly in GA says:

Hey, Matt, since this is “Housekeeping!” I read a post a while back that said you know a thing or two about changing avatars? Can you explain? Can it be done on the phone?

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Go to http://en.gravatar.com/. Enter your email. Click “Get Your Gravatar.” Follow the instructions. Once you’re done, any WordPress site that you put that email address into will have the avatar pop up automatically. You can go back at any time and change the picture.

2. avatar Kelly in GA says:

Testing, testing

3. avatar Kelly in GA says:

One more try…

6. avatar Paul says:

Since TTAG claims to tell the truth, then tell the truth about LIBOR. Be the first to publicly reveal why the Aurora, and Newton shootings occured. Both Lanza, and Holmes were connected. Find how and why the fathers were to testify before Congress. This goes deep into the Senate and House. They needed a shooting to clear the news on LIBOR from the media, and the public. This was initiated by a group of people that cannot be exposed.

The government and the banks have swidled trillions of dollars from us, and to expose this would bring the down fall of the present regime. Don’t take my word for this, read about LIBOR, before it gets covered up. Innocent lives were lost to cover up criminal activity.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

This is like the 6th time you’ve posted this same exact shit. Please stop it.

1. avatar Paul says:

Matt if you can’t take the truth, you know what to do.

7. avatar Joseph says:

Well you guys piss me off from time to time, but i keep coming back….kinda like a woman I reckon.

1. avatar Sanchanim says:

Oh admit it you love the abuse!!!
      😉

8. avatar jwm says:

Good work. A million U.V.’s per month? That’s a strong voice for the pro gun, pro civil rights movement in this country. I look forward to the day when freedom comes to Ca., Chicago, NYC and New Jersey. The fight goes on.

1. avatar Sanchanim says:

I also like how we are running a 50% return rate. We are also running about a 3 million page view which means folks are poking around not just hitting one page and going away.
      Although for you, me, Ralph, Matt, and some others, I am sure our numbers are pretty high. I would hate to think about that actually! 😉

1. avatar Gyufygy says:

I’d hate to see the stats on my IP address for this website…

9. avatar Greg in Allston says:

Congrats, gentlemen. Bully!! Well done.

Now, get more women contributors and commenters.

10. avatar AlexBosco says:

Great Job! Keep up the good work…my wife and have been following your posts avidly in recent days. Our only hope is that those poor misinformed souls who buy the spin from papers like the NY Times broaden their horizons and learn from websites like these.

11. avatar OHgunner says:

Good job fellas. I trust your news articles over CNN, NPR, and the like. For good reason.

12. avatar Lance says:

Like the polls show not all americans are anti gun and many want you to give them the correct info thanks RF and Nick!!!!!!!!

13. avatar speedracer5050 says:

Thanks Guys for all your awesome work and info everyday!!!

14. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

Congratulations on that amazing milestone. Hard work is right. Thanks.