Gun Tweet of the Day: Motley Crue Edition

In the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, emotions are running high. As a gun blogger (with 15 tabs open) I can report that the majority of the pro gun control advocates remain reasonably respectful towards Americans who cherish their Constitutionally-protected right to keep and arms. In other words, the pro gun control crowd are powering down the highway to hell from a well-meaning if deeply delusional point-of-view. The worst of these, however, are hypocrites. Politicians who live in gated communities with armed security guards for themselves and, in many cases, their children. And then there are people like Neil: cosseted celebrities with no moral compass or factual grasp of political issues who feel free to assault the public with their holier-than-thou anti-gun opinions. Perhaps Neil is right: we shouldn’t subsidize the work that gives them the platform from which they preach. Oh, and one of our commentators remembers that Mr. Neil once received an AK-47 as a gift. Gratefully.

About Robert Farago

58 Responses to Gun Tweet of the Day: Motley Crue Edition

1. avatarChas says:

Right back at you, Vince.

2. avatarLTC F says:

Damn. And just this morning the wife mentioned that all she wanted for Christmas was to go to a concert featuring talentless, washed up, has been, hacks, and the first thing that popped into my head was Motely Crue. Guess I’ll have to come up with another plan.

• avatargunenthusiast says:

This from the guy who killed one person and permantly injured 2 others driving drunk in 1984. He still gets arrested for DUI’s these days. Way to go Vince get on your moral high horse.

• avatarBill F says:

Yes, Vince Neil (who, when?) should be the official role model and spokesman for our children.
        “And don’t come to ANY shows”. He does shows?

• avatarJayson R says:

I don’t tend to go to County Fairs or Casinos so avoiding their shows won’t be a problem for me.

• avatarBarstow Cowboy says:

Yeah, he and his latest band were headlining at the Mesa location of Buffalo Wild Wings last Wednesday night. They almost sold the whole place out too.

• avatarjwm says:

Never been to a concert, never bought an album or tape or cd. Guess Vince and I can continue to ignore each other. Unless he’s driving drunk again.

• avatarWLCE says:

damn it!

i was going to throw the “has been” at him!

3. avatarMOG says:

When tiger hunting in rabbit territory, you can ignore the rabbits. When rabbit hunting in tiger territory, best not ignore the tigers. This neil, whoever he is, is a rabbit.

4. My favorite is the Hollywood Hypocrites. The ones that make tons of money in Rambo style movies, but then are anti-gun rights.

• avatarLTC F says:

Not to mention live in gated communities protected by armed security. When they leave their gated community they are accompanied by armed security.

5. avatarLLARMS says:

Don’t pay these guys any mind. You basically have a bunch of old men who want to live as young rock stars forever trying to stay relevant in something that doesn’t pass in a night (like their concerts).

/yawn

- D

6. avatarRalph says:

Vince Neil is still alive? C’mon, be real. Next thing you know, someone’s gonna be trying to convince me that Keith Richards is living too. :-)

7. avatarDrewR55 says:

Hey Vince, FOAD. I didn’t like your music back then and it hasn’t improved with age.

8. avatarSammy says:

Just de-Crewed the cd collection. F em let them work for a living. As far as celebrities go I am placing the same 1 issue litmus test to them that I place on politicians. No progressives, no collectivists (yea kind of redundant), nor anit American interest advocates will ever get another penny or vote out of me. If they support a charity I am in agreement with , I’ll find a different way to contribute that denies the fools any credit for my donation. This is why I like older movies. Regan was right, there is nowhere to run to for freedom, therefore we must dedicate ourselves to regaining our freedom right here.

9. avatarsindaan68 says:

All 4 of my kids shoot (ages 13, 11, 10 and 7). Fuck you Vince Neil.

10. avatarWSBS says:

Since the year is 2012, I don’t think you’ve had to worry about anyone showing up at your shows (pro-gun or otherwise) for at least twenty years. Given his past expereiences, apparently Mr. Neil would’ve prefered the Sandy Hook psychopath had used a sports car to do his murdering.

11. avatarRob says:

Coming from a guy that got away with murder, this means nothing.

12. avatarAharon says:

VN is going on 52 years old and he still dresses and behaves like a 17 year old. VN has assaulted a sound-man leaving him unconscious for 45 minutes, been arrested for DUI, and charged with battery and disorderly conduct on his girlfriend, per wiki. In 1984, he was arrested for vehicle manslaughter while drunk driving with his passenger being killed and causing brain damage to the two occupants of the car he hit. The judge gave him 30 days in jail and he got out in 15 days for good behavior. He owns a gentleman’s club in Vegas. I could go on and on but I think the above tells us enough about him.

IMO, VN seems like the possible type of candidate to commit a mass murder. I’d trust the average gun owner more with a gun inside of a school than VN outside in the parking lot driving his car.

• avatarLogan P says:

Oh, but he didn’t use an automatic assault Evil Black Rifle with 100rd clip and a laser scope and shoulder thing that goes up do those things; ergo and therefore he’s a better person than you.

• avatarSammy says:

Sounds like he’s he a Kennedy relative.

13. avatarMikey Ravioli says:

My father took me to the range as a kid. I have taken my son to the range as a kid.
    Vince Neil is responsible for one more death than the three of us are.

14. avatar6 gunner says:

Wow is it the 1980′s again? I must’ve missed that. Oh it’s 2012? Well then I guess I won’t be going to the county fair to see the bloated hair metal washout attempt to strut around the stage like he’s still 20 years old.

15. avatarCellude says:

“been arrested for DUI” – FU Vince for putting alcohol in front of kids! How many kids were killed from drunk drivers last year?!?

16. avatarDirk Diggler says:

Vince cannot even own a weapon, thanks to his transgressions. sounds a little like jealousy to me . . . .

• avatarLogan P says:

I would certainly trust a man who goes by Dirk Diggler to know a bit about weapon envy …
      Then again, I may well be mixing my references a bit.

17. avatarGregolas says:

Vince,
    Thanks for the ringing confirmation of my taste. I never listened to your noise or bothered to watch your every-season appearances on Celebrity Rehab, so pardon me while I keep ignoring you.
    May you one day find Jesus and shed your deliberate narcissism.

18. avatarDerek says:

If you hadn’t put “Motley Crue” in the title, I wouldn’t know who this clown is. Don’t worry dude, I won’t be coming to any of your shows.

• avatarMark N. says:

+1. Then I read the link. Damn! What a jackwagon! Alcoholic, abusive, not exactly a role model. Why should we care what he says?

19. avatarCasey T says:

Wow, this guy can go take a long walk off a short peer. I’m so sick of idiot celebrities being given all of this attention. Hell, most of then aren’t even educated and yet people give them creedence.

20. avatarSammy says:

Drugs being illegal hasn’t slowed ol Vince up any now has it?

21. avatarIn Memphis says:

Vince who? Oh, Im sorry. I listen to music for entertainment.

I admit, I drop the F bomb more than a drunken sailor and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to intelligence but when I am passionate about something, I make an attempt to be a rational human being.

Why cant the antis do the same? I still wouldnt support them and they would still be wrong but maybe with fewer, “#u@% all the gun nuts” comments on MSM articles and more educated responses backed with fact they would have some solid ground. Then again if they had solid ground maybe they would be more educated.

I mean, #u@% you dont come to any shows and the shoulder thing that goes up? Prove you all arnt retarded and childish and maybe we will listen. Dosnt mean we will agree, in fact we probably still wont but at least you can go out with dignity.

22. avatarIn Memphis says:

Oh and as far as putting guns in front of kids…

Yea when I have kids I will put guns in front of them. To educate them on the subject and because being behind them is a monsterous backstop. Always point in a safe direction! Anyways fool, I think you meant “before” not in front of.

23. avatarCharles says:

Has been who abused drugs has something to say about what’s best for society? Get the F outta here. How many kids died of the drugs you shot into your body?

24. avatarPulatso says:

If I may quote The Dead Milkman classic song “Bitchin’ Camero” : “Don’t forget (to get) your Motley Crue T-Shirt. All proceeds go to getting their lead singer out of jail.”

25. avatarspeedracer5050 says:

He has always been and apparently still is a narcissistic drug addicted, alcoholic idiot with the IQ of a dead worm with a brain injury!!
    He was a shithead in the ’80′s and hasn’t changed any!!
    Hey VN I will put away my guns when you put away your stupidity and act like and become an adult, and not some childish drooling moron!!

26. avatarAdam L. says:

Guess my kids and I won’t see Vince at the range this weekend.

27. avatarDavid-p says:

I’m 29. Who’s Vince Neil? Seriously, never heard of him.

28. avatarRoboman says:

Interesting little known fact about Mr. (Vincent Neil) Wharton: In a music magazine interview in the late 80s/early 90s, he stated proudly that either Nikki Sixx or Tommy Lee (I don’t recall which one) gave him a ‘special’ Christmas present wrapped in skull-n-crossbones paper. What was this fabulous gift? An AK-47.

Forgot about THAT little tidbit didn’t ya Vince. Unspeakable hypocrite.

Guns don’t kill people, crappy faux-metal poodle rock does.

29. avatarCrockett says:

His concerts suck as much as his moral compass.

30. avatarflboots says:

Hey Killer, Screw you back. We should ban you since you did kill people. As was said before your a has been. And your music SUCKS.

31. avatarJustin says:

He blocked me & my reply. Can’t handle the truth I guess…. http://i.imgur.com/1PxCv.png

32. avatarGoldenboy says:

1987 me would be so bummed

33. avatarC says:

Aren’t Crue shows anymore just one dude in a denim jacket?

34. avatarBarstow Cowboy says:

If anyone wants to tell Vince off to his face, meet him at the WalMart in Las Vegas, NV. He gets off work at 9pm, so just wait for him out front by the bike rack where he parks his Huffy.

• avatarArdent says:

I realize I’m 7 months behind on this one but seriously Barstow, I laughed out loud.
      I’m old enough to remember this massive DB back when he was actually famous. Now not even the girls who liked the band back then will admit to having listened to that crap. To everyone who said they don’t go to county fairs for the music, +1.