New from ATI: 300 AAC Blackout Rifle

While I was out in the Arizona desert for the Gunsite event, news broke over at Ammoland that ATI is making a 300 AAC Blackout AR-15. CMMG has a similar rifle priced about $100 less, but that one doesn’t include the full length railed handguards. Or the muzzle brake. But why you’d want anything besides an AAC Blackout adapter is beyond me. Oh well, make the jump for the presser…

American Tactical Imports, a worldwide importer of firearms, is proud to introduce the latest addition in the ATI HD Rifle Series, the ARcane .300 Blackout.

ATI’s ARcane Blackout, chambered in .300 AAC, will be available as a 16” carbine and an NFA restricted 10.5” SBR. Both models will feature a nitrocarb barrel with 1/7 RH twist and mil-spec 7075-T6 forged upper and lower receivers. This rifle will also have a mil-spec Carpenter 158 bolt/8620 carrier, Head Down 9” Provectus free float rail and low profile carbine length gas system. The ARcane Blackout has a Head Down PVX muzzle brake with 5/8 x 24 thread, a commercial spec M4 collapsible stock and type III hard coat anodized finish.

Benefits of the .300 AAC Blackout round include more muzzle energy than 5.56 NATO, availability of supersonic and subsonic ammunition, and no changes to the weapon required when switching from subsonic to supersonic ammo. In addition, the larger bullet provides more damage to the target, and it’s easy to reload with commonly available 5.56mm brass.

The ARcane .300 Blackout has an MSRP of $999.00 and comes with a 30 round polymer magazine and hard case. It will be on display at the 2013 SHOT Show in Las Vegas in ATI’s booth #16538. Come out and see it first hand!

Looks like we’re already seeing the SHOT 2013 releases leaking out. Can’t believe its only a few weeks away…

comments

1. avatar Chris Dumm says:

$1k isn’t a great deal for an ATI, unless they’ve changed their lower supplier, their trigger parts and their stock parts. And fired their assemblers. Their VK-22 remains the worst firearm I’ve ever tested.

No other gun can come close to the shoddy quality, latent criminality, risk of injury, and simple non-functionality that ATI and Chiappa managed to cram into one little AR-shaped bundle of fail.

1. avatar Scott P says:

Their AK’s aren’t any better either.

I would take Century and even *puke* I.O. DOMESTIC builds over ATI.

2. avatar Cyrano says:

AAC Blackout is a fad of a round. It goes against all the accuracy rules, taking a step or two backwards. It only turns the gun into a glorified M1 Carbine. Might as well be shooting a M1 Carbine with spitzer bullets.

1. avatar Michael B. says:

Not exactly but I agree with the spirit of your post. I wish TTAG would spend less time covering it and insanely expensive optics.

1. avatar nonnamous says:

All I really want in this world is a thorough FAL review…

1. avatar Lolinski says:

I would like a review of a quality Dragunov either the SVD or the Tigr variant. Wouldnt mind getting 20 rounders for it.

2. avatar justice06rr says:

I highly disagree.

The 300Blackout is a reliable .30caliber solution to the AR15/M4 platform which only requires a different barrel. It will obviously have its downfalls, but it’s geared for supersonic/subsonic ammo, suppressed AR’s, SBR’s, and CQB.

Accuracy depends on the shooter and the rifle. Using the proper platform and ammunition is key. Sure it may be a fad, but there is no doubt that it is a good caliber for its intended purposes.

3. avatar Moonshine says:

“But why you’d want anything besides an AAC Blackout adapter is beyond me.”
    ——
    Minnesota. ‘Nuff said.

4. avatar ensitu says:

So we start with a 7.9 pound equivelant to the 32-20
    Add a loaded mag1.5 pounds
    Add a scope 1.3 pounds
    Add a can? 2.0 pounds
    which equals 11.9 pounds, over a pound more than a loaded M-14
    I’m impressed

1. avatar Accur81 says:

Nice apples to oranges comparison. I like the M14 and M4 / AR platforms, but the AR is more verstile than the M14 could ever hope to be. They are different rifles and different calibers for a reason, and the M14 and M14 SOCOM are still great guns.

1. avatar ensitu says:

Your right:
        I should have used a Ruger Mini-30 for comparision, not only is it lighter but it is $100’s less expensive.
        Prepped for sub-sonic ammo/supressor puts it on a par with the above AR price wise.
        But hey, it’s American made, has that huge extractor and uses proven, economical ammo.
        Who want’s that?

5. avatar Accur81 says:

Dang, there’s some hate for the 300 AAC up in here!

I’m considering a PSA 300 AAC barreled upper with a 1:8 twist. Any thoughts on that one?

1. avatar Dracon1201 says:

Dang, there’s some hate for the 300 AAC up in here!

No, not really, I’m just sick of seeing a new 300BLK AR posted everyday. It gets really boring, because they are all pretty much the same. Except for this one cause ATI sucks.

1. avatar Jaybo1 says:

Some people like Cadillacs , some Mercedes…but BOTH are overpriced headaches waiting to happen in my opinion…ATI isn’t that bad , I have seen Colt’s fail and some of the cheaper guns out perform them…it’s all in what we like and can afford…

2. avatar Dan says:

I like my PSA 300blk barrel (16.5″ carbine) very much. Good choice.

6. avatar Lance says:

Another AR in .300BLK…. Yawn.

1. avatar ensitu says:

Now a Mini in 300 would at least be novel, a factory adjustable gas system and an actual M-4 muzzel device would be a cinch.

2. avatar Dan says:

Another AR… Yawn.

3. avatar justice06rr says:

Have you ever owned a 300BLK AR?

7. avatar Adell says:

Article writing is also a excitement, if you be familiar with after that you
    can write otherwise it is difficult to write.

8. Pingback: Ati 300
  9. avatar Rob says:

For one I have ATI 556 AR and it works grate I love the gun and am about get the 300 black out IV seen alot people talking crap about ATI the gun works for me and I think ATI has come along way

1. avatar earl says:

I just purchased my ATI OMNI Hybrid in 300 blackout three days ago. I have read all of the older negative reviews before the actual purchase. I believe manufacturers have to start somewhere and after shooting this rifle for the last three days i am very impressed. I was impressed after the first eight shots with how consistent it was. It even stacked the spent cases all in the same pile. As to the 300 BLK round itself i thought it was an amazing development for the intended purpose. If you want to shoot 600 yards and not enjoy it, buy a 50BMG. The 300BLK is very enjoyable to shoot for anyone and offers a little more energy downrange. I hope people stay respectful for what other shooters enjoy. We all dont want the same things.