Sandy Slams Henry Repeating Arms

Henry Repeating Arms‘ Bayonne New Jersey facility suffered significant damage from hurricane Sandy,” thetacticalwire.com reports. “The company’s corporate headquarters is a 109,000 sf facility which sits on 3 acres located directly on the Bayonne waterfront. Presently without electricity, telephone and email service, Henry Repeating Arms asks that its distributors and dealers refrain from attempting to contact them, nor ship any firearms to the Bayonne facility, until the company notifies them that they are once again operational.” Notice the distinct lack of any call for federal assistance—or self-pity. “We took one on the chin,” Anthony Imperato, President and owner of the company states, “but our great employees will get us through this and soon have us back on our feet.” Should NJ power provider PSE&G get juice to the Henry plant during the week of November 5th, the gunmaker reckons they’ll be back in biz by the 12th. Good luck with that.

About Robert Farago

12 Responses to Sandy Slams Henry Repeating Arms

1. avatarMatt in FL says:

Henry rifles are gorgeous, and I don’t own one yet, so here’s hoping they get back on their feet quickly and with a minimum of lost revenue.

2. avatarHunley says:

Good to see a great company set itself apart from the “boatloads of federal money” fray. They make a fine product as is, but this makes me even more proud to be a Henry owner.

3. avatarJohnny says:

I was interested in the Henry mare’s leg but the Rossi just happened to fit into my price range. Really hoping they get operational soon because they do make absolutely amazing products.

4. avatarAharon says:

How does the accuracy of a Henry .22 LR compare to say a Savage bolt-action .22 LR with the same length barrel? Is Henry mostly just a nostalgic gun purchase or is it a gun that also features good performance?

• avatarTodd S says:

I can’t say anything about the Savage, but it is on par with my 10/22 when you take time and aim… that being said, going all Chuck Connors with it and unloading the mag in about 8 seconds is a blast!

5. avatarAlphaGeek says:

That’s a real bummer — best wishes to the Henry crew for a quick return to service. Hopefully they had enough warning to protect all of their machinery, tooling and inventory. From what I hear there are a lot of machine shops in the Northeast already calling machinery brokers to replace equipment.

6. avatarDavid Stern says:

Henry’s are not only beautiful, they are very accurate and an absolute pleasure to shoot! They are the quintessential lever action rifle. I wish them a speedy recovery.

7. avatarbontai Joe says:

I sincerely hope that they come out of this ok, and that their facility is secure from looters. They really are a good company, and deserve to stay in business.

8. avatarChris Dumm says:

I wish them a speedy recovery. Mr. Imperato and his company take care of their customers like they were family.

And the man has serious cojones: he bought TV airtime on MSNBC two weeks ago and advertised Henry Rifles in the middle of ‘Hardball With Chris Matthews!’ I almost fell off my treadmill at the gym when I saw it. Awesome!

• avatarAnthony Demetracopoulos says:

Good for Henry Rifles and Mr. Imperato. I am a big fan of theirs and of the liberal MSNBC.

9. Pingback: Best Guns to Buy for the Post Gun Ban Apocalypse | PATRIOTS AND PAULIES (Politics & News)