Question of the Day: What Are You Buying on Black Friday?

Remember the movie Marathon Man? When it comes to my local gun store and Black Friday, I’ve got four words. Is it safe yet? I’d rather forgo a date with Amit Friedman than wait two hours to buy an item—any item—for 20 percent off. Especially if my vigil brings me into close contact with an agitated kvetch of armed OFWGs. But I understand the wallet-draining combination of cabin fever and gun lust. All I can say is thank God for the internet. And ask our Armed Intelligentsia, whadja get? Oh, and what deals do you see out there that might be worth the aggro?

comments

1. avatar Jack says:

Heading to Dick’s Sporting Goods to drain my wallet!

1. avatar Brad says:

Jack – let us know if they still have any of the $450 Remington 700’s left. Also – what stocks are they offering? I’ve never liked camo patter stocks of any type and that’s all I see offered online with this deal.

1. avatar Steve says:

My local Dick’s still has many of the Remington 700 varmints for $350, on sale until 1pm today (I think). All are camo stocked. All ammo is buy one, get 50% off the 2nd, until 1pm also. I grabbed .38 and 30-30. 6 box limit on the ammo deal.

1. avatar Brad says:

Thanks Steve – I guess $350 still a pretty dam good price for an R700. Dick’s meet Mr. Visa Credit Card.

2. avatar pat says:

$349 after 100 rebate for a Rem 308 varmint is what made me and my bro wait in line for 1 1/2 hrs, but we got the guns, and a couple boxes of 22lr, 38 special, and 40s&w.

2. avatar Brian says:

I picked up one today. $450 out the door with another $100 mail in rebate. It looks like they’re only selling the camo pattern stocks, but oh well. For $350 you could always paint or just buy a nicer stock for it.

2. avatar Joe Grine says:

I picked up one of the loss leader Remington 700 Varmit at Dicks. I got it in .22-250. They had about 10 of them in various calibers (.223, .243, .22-250 and .308 – they were all gone in the first 20 minutes or so. As expected, the .308’s were in the highest demand.

3. avatar BLAMMO says:

Ruger 10/22 for $179. It’s like a time warp. Bought one I didn’t need and walked out of Dick’s thinking maybe I shoulda bought two at that price.

2. avatar surlycmd says:

Colt LE6920 SOCOM
    Sig Spartan 1911
    Wilson Combat 1911 mags
    M1A Scout
    VLTOR M1A stock
    CMI M1A mags
    .308 ammo
    Wilson Combat Rem 870 Ghost Ring sights
    Timney AR15 trigger
    .22, .45, 5.56, 7.62 Suppressors

I’m good for a while.

3. avatar DerryM says:

Nothing. I refuse to expose myself to the level of madness and aggravation involved with these Black Friday Sales just to save a few bucks.

1. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

+100

1. avatar speedracer5050 says:

+1000
        Not even getting into that madhouse!!!
        Stayed home with the girls and watched tv!!

4. avatar Aragorn says:

Nothing.
    Black Friday like St. Patrick’s Day is for amateurs.

5. avatar Michael says:

I waited about 30 minutes in queue and scored the last Remington 700 .308 Varmint. I couldn’t sleep anyway so it was a last minute “might as well see what they’ve got” thing. They couldn’t run the NICS midnight so I have to go back later today and puck it up. Meanwhile, I’m sitting in a deer blind. Saw nothing so far.

1. avatar Michael says:

*at midnight & *pick it up. Should proof read better. On phone obviously.

6. avatar Kris says:

Not sure why you would subject yourself to Balck Friday, especially when we have the internet. Nothing you can’t find online for less.

1. avatar Joe Grine says:

I probably would not have bothered, but I had to be out and about for unrelated reasons and I thought I would try the Black Friday thing just for the fun of it. For the most part, I agree that saving a few hundred bucks is not worth the hassle, but there is a certain element of sport involved, so in that way it was kinda fun.

7. avatar John says:

Ammo and a double mag pouch. Neither of which are on sale…

8. avatar Beavis Malone says:

Picked up a case of ammo cans from Bass Pro. God, the insanity… worth it though.

9. avatar Aharon says:

“I’d rather forgo a date with Amit Friedman than wait two hours to buy an item—any item—for 20 percent off”

Robert my friend that is so wrong. Do guns and supplies give you ‘that’ much pleasure?

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Is that a trick question?

10. avatar John Fritz says:

Question of the Day: What Are You Buying on Black Friday?

1080 little 5.45 friends for $0.172 apiece shipped.

I’d buy another 2160 of their cousins too but the CC is still smarting from my Vepr frenzy a few weeks ago.

1. avatar Joe Grine says:

Do you remember when a tin of that stuff was $80. I should have stocked up then!

11. avatar Jesus says:

A nice belt home for my M&P. I don’t like leaving it in the S&W case is came in.

12. avatar James K. says:

Nothing today, but looking to pick up a Sig P229 Scorpion 9mm as a Christmas present to myself. First firearm at that. Should be fun!

13. avatar tdiinva says:

I did some pre-Black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving evening. I logged onto the Springfield Armory website and ordered a set of nice wooden grips for my 1911 and extra 13 round magazine for the XD 45 I bought a few weeks ago.

14. avatar In Memphis says:

I got a rock

1. avatar Dan Zimmerman says:

FTW!

2. avatar pat says:

I got that on Halloween with Charlie Brown.

15. avatar Aharon says:

I treated myself to Thai food at lunch time.

16. avatar bontai Joe says:

No gun stuff, but I did go out on Black Friday afternoon and hit Lowes and Home Depot for house stuff and a chainsaw. Madness is all over by 4:00 pm, had a quick in and out with all my goodies.