It Should Have Been A DGU: Snake Attack Edition

Here at TTAG, we joke about shower carry. As for hot tubs and nude beaches and other wet places where tooling-up can have an entirely different meaning, well, whatcha gonna do when they come for you? With a snake. “A Massachusetts man is facing charges for allegedly using a pet python to beat his girlfriend as she soaked in a hot tub, injuring the woman and ultimately killing the snake,” foxnews.com reports. “Police say the couple got into an argument on Tuesday night and Paro removed the snake from a cage and ‘began beating the female repeatedly.’ Police say Paro threw the snake in the hot tub when he was done, and it died.” Moral of the story: avoid stupid people in stupid places with constricting snakes. And if you can’t, a Smith & Wesson Governor or Taurus Judge loaded with .410 ought to take care of man and beast. [h/t Aharon]

About Robert Farago

21 Responses to It Should Have Been A DGU: Snake Attack Edition

1. avatarAccur81 says:

Alas, I live in California, and cannot be trusted with a revolver capable of firing .410 rounds.

On a positive note, my Midwestern Purple Trouser Snake has survived every hot tub visit so far.

2. avatarjwm says:

It’s actually the only California gun law that I’m for. My wife wants one of those Taurus Judges and I don’t want to spend 500+ bucks on what I see as a gimmick gun. So it’s win for me.

as for using a snake for a weapon I know that I’m setting myself up for angry flames but, in my limited experience people that keep reptiles for pets ain’t quite right.

3. avatarGregols says:

LOL Big time! Thanks for the laugh.

4. avatarGreg Camp says:

Question: How do we practice for this? I know from experience that snakes are hard to hit, even when they’re not coming at me.

• avatarjwm says:

Keep a mongoose in your pocket. Great for snakes and will make you the hit of the party.

• avatarJoshinGA says:

LOL. But mongoose only naturally encounter cobras. I wonder how they would perform against rattlesnakes, water moccasins, and copper heads around these parts…

• avatarKelly in GA says:

Or you could keep the great honey badger! Honey badger don’t give a sh1t! Of course, he would have to be on a leash with a qd attachment for quick release onto your foes.

• avatarjwm says:

Honey badgers, oh hell no! Those damn things are dangerous. Be like having my ex wife on a lead. Once you released her there was no way of knowing who’s throat she was going after, yours or theirs. I’d rather take on a cobra with a plastic spoon, it’s be safer.

5. avatarpercynjpn says:

avoid stupid people in stupid places with constricting snakes.

The real lesson to be learned.

6. avatarAharon says:

No woman should take a bath without her pet 20″ long double-barreled 12-gauge Coach Gun.

7. avatargringito says:

For sake of self defense I have a poisonous rattle snake, Arnie, which I frequently carry concealed in my right trouser pocket. It really works fine…Up to now the BGs didn’t like to mess up with it.

Do I have to fear that anti gun nuts will take it away from me and infringe my constitutional rights according to the 2nd Amendment??;-)??

8. avatarDon says:

Shower carry was a joke?

Isn’t that the whole point of stainless steel and rubber grips? My bathroom gun wears Hogues in rubber duckie yellow.

-D

9. avatarChris Dumm says:

Enough is enough! I’ve had it with these motherfuckin’ snakes in my motherfuckin’ tub!

10. avatarPantera Vazquez says:

How would a local rag present this story?

POTENTIAL HEADLINES:

-Bathing Babe Battered by Boa-
    -Punk pelts pretty with pet-
    -Boa Belts Beauty-
    -Constrictor Clocks Cutie-
    -Boa Bozo Beats Bikini Broad-
    -Slimy Slaps Sexy-
    -Aquatic aspian assault-

Just thinking out loud………..