IGOTD Hall of Famer FPS Russia in COD Ad

Holy non-viral video Batman! “Surprise” — Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 video teaser has only 56k views on the official xBox YouTube channel! This despite featuring a Hollywood actor who’s done more lines than Laurence Olivier and our old pal FPS Russia. FPS gets more viewers in thirty seconds than this ad has garnered in the last four days. OK, hands up. The video’s about to pass 9.5m views over at CALLOFDUTY. No, I’m not jealous. Nuketown’s more my speed. And you couldn’t pay me enough to risk being forever tagged with the catchphrase “Surprise, horse lady.”

comments

1. avatar C. Walther says:

“has only 56K views”

It’s only a guess (and I dunno about anyone else), but that’s probably because it’s shown up on nearasdammit every pre-video ad I’ve watched on Youtube yet. Nobody’s bothered to look it up because in FPSRussia, advertising find you.

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

I admit, I laughed at “Surprise, horse lady.” Even though I know it ain’t real, sometimes it’s still funny.

The whole thing was supposed to be tongue in cheek, and it succeeded, imo.

3. avatar gloomhound says:

Is this yet another example of a budding FPS Russia man crush? 😉

1. avatar Joshua says:

It is counter productive if Robert Farago doesn’t like FPSRussia to continue to send traffic his way.

4. avatar sdog says:

i would like for a guy like sonny puzikas to “meet” fps and video what happens.

1. avatar jwm says:

You did not capitilise Sonny’s name. I’ll say a prayer for you, but it doesn’t look good.

2. avatar Doug says:

Yes, so he can hold real guns to his head during training, and maybe hit him with some magic Russian chi punches 😛

5. avatar Eric S. says:

I think he was known for Call of duty before all the other stuff. Hence the FPS in the name.

6. avatar Carl says:

I will not buy this game… I love MW2 and MW3 and the first Black Ops… but a futuristic COD, nah, not for me.

7. avatar Steve says:

I am not ready to take the needle out of my arm yet. I Will be buying BlackOps II.

And we All Know you are Uber jealous of FPS Russia. Seriously, who wouldn’t be? Have you seen the kinds of hardware he gets to play with?

Yes, you have….which is why you Wish his mom would invite you over to his house to play guns.

Plus, when was the last time TTAG got airtime with Jack Blac and Robert Downey et al?

Rock-On FPS Russia! Just try not to blow up your camera man.

8. avatar mmccal8 says:

On the Call of Duty youtube channel it has 11.6 million views…

9. avatar g says:

Cha-ching cha-ching cha-ching… it’s not the sound of brass hitting the floor, it’s the sound of cash registers as today’s kiddos pick-up the latest COD.

As far as futuristic online FPS games go, Battlefield 2142 remains my all-time favorite. I’m not sure COD will do “future” as well as it thinks it will…

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

As Walt Disney discovered, the problem with the future is that it’s always changing. Today’s Tomorrowland is tomorrow’s WTF were they thinking?

10. avatar David says:

It is also on the home page of the Xbox 360 – as soon as you turn your system on you can press A to watch it; that’s how I found it. My guess is that there are millions more who watched it that way too.

Loved it

11. avatar Jericho941 says:

Nuketown: The default map for people who suck at CODBLOPS. Spam explosives, hose down the chokepoints (all four of them), earn killstreak rewards. Rinse, lather, repeat.

12. avatar Gerard says:

Dang. I’m watching t and clicking on this artisans before I even read the piece the COD advert comes on.