Benelli: Our Shotguns Don’t Blow Heads Off

I saw this story yesterday: Charlie Sheen Tweeted a threat to blow someone’s head off with his Benelli Super 90. The tinsel town tattletales at TMZ contacted Benelli and, surprisingly, got a statement on the whole ballistic decapitation deal. “The gun company tells TMZ, the worst damage their gun can do is ‘leave a really big hole.’ A rep for Benelli USA — which manufactures the famed Super 90 shotgun — tells TMZ, the semi-automatic shotgun might also just ‘make a lot of smaller holes,’ depending on the distance. But one thing’s for sure, the rep tells us, laughing, ‘It’s impossible for him to blow someone’s head clean off.'” This is the same Benelli that consider TTAG too edgy for regular T&E samples? Go figure. Oh, and well done to TMZ for pointing out that “the Super 90 comes in 3 different varieties … the M1, M3, and the M4 (military grade) … so Charlie’s got a few different choices.” Way to high-five homicide. [h/t mudroomreport.com]

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

Well, fvck that. What good’s a shotgun that won’t blow somebodies head right off?

2. avatar ST says:

Benelli’s correct.Their shotguns are not capable of blowing a human head off.

However,the slug launched from the shotgun is VERY capable of that feat!

3. avatar Aharon says:

“the same Benelli that consider TTAG too edgy for regular T&E samples”

I’ve heard of T&A though I’m not familiar with T&E.

1. avatar JimD says:

Testing and Evaluation.

4. avatar Tommy Knocker says:

It is quite capable of accomplishing a cranial evacuation as it is known in the sniper trade.

5. avatar Gyufygy says:

How the hell is Charlie Sheen allowed to possess a firearm? I could swear he’s been convicted of SOMETHING in his long career of self-destruction.

(Ignoring “felon gun rights” argument for the moment)

1. avatar GS650G says:

You are apparently unfamiliar with the special rules for famous people in Kalifornia. Same rules that let Sean Penn have handguns despite his many legal troubles.

6. avatar DisThunder says:

WINNING!

7. avatar Chris says:

Maybe not the Benelli, but my palm had a good chance of taking my head off as it approached my face after I read this.

8. avatar Accur81 says:

Benelli replying to TMZ about a known felon (epic drug user) possessing a firearm and threateningly (albeit in a semi-credible, drug addled sort of fashion) to murder someone with it?

Here’s one of my dirty little secrets – Charlie Sheen is one of my favorite heavy users of controlled substances. I’m really surprised that he’s still with us. Rock on, Charlie!

I know what you’re thinking. “Did he fire slugs or only birdshot?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a Benelli, the most overrated shotgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

1. avatar In Memphis says:

I cant stop laughing!

10. avatar SD3 says:

“Removes flesh from bone…”
    -Clint Smith

11. avatar Johnny says:

I’d go with the M3 personally so I can blow heads off in both pump and semi.

12. avatar WLCE says:

first of all, Charlie, you’re a dumbass. you shouldnt be even a mile away from a benelli or any other gun.

second, yes, they can. Load it with 00 buck and and then tell me that they “dont blow heads off”.