Nighthawk Reveals Top Predator Mods (Not Shown)

This pic of a highly customized Predator has been making the rounds on the Internet as a firearm figure of fun (courtesy kitup.military.com). While the “mall ninja” Nighthawk is a bit OTT, if someone wants to pour Tacticoolaid on a custom 1911 I say gopher it. I called Nighhawk for their take. The gunmaker’s Director of Operations said they didn’t have a hand in the mods. In fact, Shawn Armstrong reckons the only thing “real” is the ambi safety and the light rail (for the X300). Everything else–hand-stop, flash suppressor, red dot sight—has been either stuck on or photoshopped [Nick: I’m pretty sure AAC doesn’t make a 51T mount in anything over 7.62, which means any “normal” handgun round will get stuck to disastrous results]. “Our customers like to mod triggers, grips, the safety and whether or not they want writing on the slide,” Armstrong said. “And that’s about it.” For $3.5k (plus extras), I reckon I’d be all done too.

comments

1. avatar Mercutio says:

No bipod?

1. avatar Phil B says:

+1 You’d need it …

2. avatar jwm says:

Holy fvck, that screams mall ninja. Maybe you can generate 600 yard suppressing fire with it. My first comment dissappeared because I forgut to use the v instead of the u.

3. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Wouldn’t be that tough to rig up a lathe fixture to support the leaves of the flash suppressor so you could bore it out to .470in. The potentially difficult part would be the interrupted cut in heat-treated steel (carbide cutters don’t like interrupted cut) but it probably wouldn’t be too bad since the heat-treat on these things is optimized for toughness rather than hardness.

I know, I know, not the point. Just saying it’s possible.

4. avatar MotoJB says:

LOL, hilarious…

5. avatar anonymous says:

You young ‘uns might not be old enough to remember this picture…

If I remember correctly (and at my age, I may not), the gent posted on gun forums under the nom de plume “Skunkabilly”

1. avatar jwm says:

I especially liked the hood ornament. Nothing says class like a hood ornament.

6. avatar AM says:

Unlicensed AOW?

7. avatar Ben Eli says:

It looks like a rear sight right behind the front sight. An exact copy of the actual rear sight on the weapon.

8. avatar Greg Camp says:

Jeff Cooper called them Rooney guns. I don’t know the origin of the term, but that thing would qualify.

9. avatar Average_Casey says:

I’m just waiting for this picture to end up in a gun grabber’s campaign.