New from MasterPiece Arms: MPA570SST-SBR Short Barrel Rifle

Press release:

COMER, GA (October 2012) – MasterPiece Arms, manufactures of the MPA MAC Line of semi-auto submachine pistols and carbines, is pleased to introduce the new MPA570SST-SBR Short Barrel Rifle. Based on the successful MPA57SST 5.7x28mm Pistol, the new MPA570SST-SBR Short Barrel Rifle features a ten-inch threaded barrel with ½ x 28 threads making it suppressor ready. The MPA570SST-SBR Short Barrel Rifle comes with adjustable front and rear sights, a side-cocker, scope mount, 20 Round Magazine, Muzzle Brake, Strike Industries Foregrip, MPA Short Aluminum Quadrail, Low Profile Buttstock and Side Folding Attachment. It features all the accuracy, low recoil and performance expected from the MasterPiece Arms Defender series. The weapon also cycles high velocity and subsonic ammo without the need for adjustments to the weapon. Please note all NFA rules apply. This gun is American Made, ships in its gun case and offers the MasterPiece Arms Lifetime Guarantee. MSRP is $799.95.

comments

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Huh. They CAN make something uglier than a Glock. I stand corrected.

+1000000000!

2. avatar Milsurp Collector says:

I’m part Austrian and I think Glocks are fugly too. But this thing takes the cake.

2. avatar bontai Joe says:

Kinda looks like something I’d make in my workshop out of scrounged scrap metal and hardware. Apparently one does not need a 3D printer to make a firearm at home.

1. avatar DrewN says:

Can’t you make a MAC from a flat like an AK? Pretty sure you can.

3. avatar Tom jones says:

That’s just a pistol with a stock… Looks ugly too ugly

4. avatar Michael B. says:

If Transformers defecated, I imagine some of their **** might look like this.

5. avatar MotoJB says:

They should call it…wait…wait for it…

…”The MACenstein”!

Yuk, yuk.

6. avatar Aharon says:

I’m willing to buy guns that are not beauty pageant winners provided they are real performers with delivering bullets. I associate the words “master piece” with an aesthetically appealing work of beauty. This industrial-art student project gizmo featured must be a butt-ugly design on purpose. Does the maker imagine that gun buyers equate cold industrial design with good performance? This thing hurts my eyes so much that I’m leaving this site to go for a bike ride.

7. avatar Chris Dumm says:

If it weren’t for the prohibitive cost of 5.7mm ammo, I think many more manufacturers would venture into the 5.7 market.

The 5.7 costs at least 50 cents a round. That’s not excessive for defensive-grade ammo, but it’s only a little cheaper than bulk .308. It’s a shame that there are no steel-cased Wolf or aluminum-cased CCI Blazer 5.7s to practice with.

1. avatar Nick says:

The problem isn’t the manufacturers. It’s FN. They are exceedingly stingy with the load data, hence why there’s no handload information widely available.

8. avatar JoshinGA says:

The carbine version looks a bit better…both are still really ugly. I dont really get what look they were going for with this. Mix-matched project gun done wrong comes to mind when I look at it, but thats just me…Why have gloss black buttstock, flat black pistol, gloss black rails, and stainless steel barrel?

1. avatar Mark N. says:

That’s a suppressor, not a stainless barrel. If that helps.

9. avatar JR Lorencz says:

I think that looks…Vuaggghhhharrffff!!!!!!!!

Wow…sorry. Gotta clean up here.

10. avatar OHgunner says:

I think saying that that series of firearm (the pistol and now the SBR) have the ergonomics of a brick would be insulting to a brick. Do people actually buy these things? This post should have been a “From the depths of uselessness…” Post, but then again I see the large sidebar add for MPA…

1. avatar OHgunner says:

D’oh. Phone Autocorrected the correct “ad” to the incorrect “add”. Aaaannnd the edit button disappeared. Sorry grammar Nazi’s.

2. avatar Jim says:

Yeah, people do buy um, and they never jam, spot on… sheds 4 calibers available

“MPA570SST-SBR Short Barrel Rifle” is just a tad unwieldy. MasterPiece should just call it the “Upchuck” and leave it at that.

I’d like to order one in pink for my ex-GF.

12. avatar ADN says:

Boy, HK’s civvy version of the MP7 sure looks different. Wait, what…?

13. avatar Jim says:

You’d find less sharp edges on a chainsaw.

14. avatar bo says:

Where’s the neon green zombie killing version?

15. avatar jwm says:

Ugly can be functional. It’ll always be ugly, but it can be functional. But what’s this fascination with the 5.7 round? Make it in something more common and cheaper like 9 or 40 or 45. I can buy any of these rounds cheaper at wally world for practice.

1. avatar Spelunker5 says:

I think they make pistols and rifles of similar style in those common calibers: https://www.masterpiecearms.com/products.php?cat=30

Looks like a MAC with tac rail, but hey if you’re going to buy a MAC why not?

16. avatar Danny McBee says:

Looks kinda cool, like something I made out of a muffler at a junk yard.

17. avatar KnowWhatIamTalkingAbout says:

And the point of this contraption is . . .what?

1. avatar Mark N. says:

tacticool. Useless otherwise.

18. avatar Mark N. says:

A 10″ barrel and they add a scope mount? What on earth for? It’s not like you need one to shoot 15 yards.

19. avatar "lee n. field" says:

Hope it shoots better than it looks.

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

I hoep so too because if it looks better than it shoots, you might as well throw the bullets by hand.

20. avatar Leeroybrown says:

Ammor piercing 2200 feet per second……

21. avatar Nick says:

If I’m gonna go for 5.7, I’m getting one from FN. The ps90 is only a bit more expensive, is title 1, probably performs better, and looks a hell of a lot better than this pile of scrap MPA put together.

Don’t get me wrong. That stock looks nice, as does the front grip, but the gun itself is just hideous. The grip is at an aesthetically unpleasing angle, probably uncomfortable too. The frame looks like cheap stamped metal reminiscent of mass produced guns made decades ago (grease gun, sten etc). This thing makes a liberator look nice.

22. avatar Larry D says:

It is a gun ban resistant weapon.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.