Incendiary Image of the Day: Positive Thinking at Nighthawk Customs Edition

Obviously, there’s nothing incendiary about this image for TTAG’s Armed Intelligentsia. But imagine this sign in, say, a bank. Or a church. School? Court house? Department of Motor Vehicles? Post office? Maybe it’s time to go on offense, and I don’t mean that in a Ted Nugent kinda way. More like Elvis. If I can dream of a better land . . . [h/t Enzo]

comments

1. Anyone know where you can buy these?

1. avatar Mashashin says:

Yeah I want a couple to hang up to Where can these be found at

1. avatar Mashashin says:

Huh I missed that result then thanks

2. avatar Guardian says:

How about in a movie theater? That would be sure to get the Anti’s panties in a bunch.

3. avatar Roll says:

Lol I like it, would be better if the sign had a cheesy looking guy giving a thumbs up like in the someecards website

4. avatar CarlosT says:

Elvis? With fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches?

5. avatar Michael C. says:

My uncle has a sign kind of like that. It says never mind the dog, beware of the owner and there is a picture of a gun. However he doesn’t have it outside for the public to see.

6. avatar HAVE GUN says:

I have mixed feeling about such a sign.

If seeing a sign like that on any business (or home) I may just pass on by.

Such bravado looks to me as juvenile.

1. avatar Derek Dauma says:

If that would cause you to pass by my home I would be happy!

If that sign would cause you to pass by a local business, I don’t want to know you.

I don’t know who said it originally but, “I believe that being despised by the despicable is as good as being admired by the admirable.”

2. avatar RobertM says:

I think this sign is better. Less chessy.

Thanks
      Robert

7. avatar David says:

I rarely read or see something with which I completely agree; but, your idea about posting these, ‘Guns Welcome’ signs on the doorways of LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD BUSINESSES strongly appeals to me! Yes, I would very much like to see something like this catch on.

I took my wife to the movies last night for what has to be the first time in, at least, the past 4 years. She was very hesitant to go; and, before she would enter the theater she wanted my personal assurance that the movie we were going to see didn’t have a high, ‘Batman quotient’; and she, also, insisted that – even though we were going to a Cinemark theater – I had to be armed before she would go in and sit down. (I married such a sensible woman – Didn’t I!) 😀

PS: We went to see, ‘Taken2’. It did have, kind ‘a, a high, ‘Batman quotient’; but, worse, it was also, kind ‘a, disappointing and nowhere near as good as the original. (If, however, you want to see some great video shots of the exterior architecture of the Hagia Sophia mosque and downtown Istanbul then this is definitely the movie for you!)

8. avatar jwm says:

I would love to see the day that an armed citizen is such a non issue that signs are not even a concern. The only signs a business needs is it’s name and business hours.

One can hope.

9. avatar Gyufygy says:

That sign makes me surprisingly happy.

10. avatar Chas says:

That sign will make MikeB2000’s head explode.

1. avatar speedracer5050 says:

And this is a bad thing????

11. avatar Bob says:

How ’bout offering a discount to those licensed to carry?

12. avatar MannyF says:

I’ve seen a similar sign but the circle around the handgun was green, which makes much more sense.

13. avatar flboots says:

Thanks RobertM and Pascal for the link.

14. I’m going to order some & put one on my shop door here in the UK.
    I guess it’ll upset one or two people, as my home town is where Derrick Bird’s murder spree got into its stride in 2010.
    Maybe I’ll get jailed for it, as upsetting the Police here now appears to be a criminal offence: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19911943

1. avatar Greg Camp says:

Dang–the guy’s shirt was offensive, but how is it a public order violation? And some people wonder why American gun owners talk about how important rights are.

15. avatar speedracer5050 says:

Too cool!!!! I have to get me some of these!!! Maybe one of these days we can see these on every business.

16. avatar Don says:

We had those in our bakery.. Except they were guns (a 1911 and a Glock) in a green circle as a parody of the no guns signs.

17. avatar Dee OQuinn says:

Never mind the AKA’s ..where will you park your tank…? AFTER ALL, bigger is better .

18. Think about using permethrin-handled clothes and gear if spending a variety of time outdoors.
    Don’t use permethrin instantly on skin.