On Right Now: Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot

Every six months, the Knob Creek range hosts a machine gun shoot. Events conspired to keep TTAG from covering the shoot going on this weekend, but we were so there last year. More specifically, I was so there last year. And I still have fond memories of that weekend, what with the smell of gunpowder and burning automobiles wafting through the air. So while we don’t have anything new, I figured our newly expanded readership who couldn’t make it to Kentucky to be there in person would like to see a few my favorite snaps from last year . . .

comments

1. avatar Josh binkley says:

Great time! I live about 10 miles from the range and went for the first time this weekend!

2. avatar xDELOACHx says:

i live about 25miles away, and could not go. SO BUMMED. but hey, it’ll be back in spring.

3. avatar Average_Casey says:

While it looks cool, I’d hate to pay for the ammo.

4. avatar jwm says:

I’ve always wanted to try a water cooled Vickers. That would be cool.

5. avatar Andrew says:

Knob creek is a celebration of everything it means to be a red blooded American. Cool place to go and not a bad swap and sell as well.

6. avatar OHgunner says:

Do enough people attend this to negate the “in common use” bs that has been used to restrict MG ownership? Haha

7. avatar ST says:

“I,ST, Decree it thus that anyone who serves in an elected office in Washington D.C. must upon assuming the position attend a machine gun shoot every year in office. Failure to do so represents implied consent to resign from office.

The Floor is Open for a Vote.Let the Ayes and Nays begin.”

8. avatar Tominator says:

Got paid to go once back in the 80s…..the experience is like no other!

You just ain’t lived til you shoot quad 30s at night full of tracers!