Ineffective Political Ad of the Day: California Edition

Someone thought this would be a great political advertisement to get people to not vote for Scott Hasson, candidate for San Diego Community College Board. So they mailed it to everyone in his district. The postcard says, and I quote, “Opponent Hasson believes college students should be allowed to openly carry firearms. He actively lobbied for legislation to reduce the gun-free zone around schools. Is that who we want on the College Board?” Personally, yes. That’s exactly who I’d want because I’m in favor of exercising my Constitutional rights. But that’s just me. Make the jump for the back of the postcard.

About Nick Leghorn

13 Responses to Ineffective Political Ad of the Day: California Edition

1. avatarJoshinGA says:

Scott would have my vote…but alas I dont live in the PRK.

2. Get rid of gun free zones? How rediculous of him to suggest we eliminate a restriction (sign) on those who choose to obey the law, that does nothing but instill laughter in criminals who see the sign as they progress into a territory filled with defenseless victims.

3. avatarRoll says:

“Is that who you want on the college board?” Uh…YES, he would have my vote, wish my college would allow it.

4. avatarAharon says:

Therefore, unlike the other candidates, Scott sees the college students as responsible young adults and not as irresponsible immature children?

Gun Free Zones are as effective at stopping crime as would be an Obama created Long Term Debt Free Zone in Washington for eliminating more borrowing from China, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.

5. Yeah because no one would never have to defend their life on a college campus…It’s not like crimes still happen on campuses and people expect you to be unarmed.

6. avatarإبليس says:

If gun free zones are so effective, why not establish rape/murder/robbery free zones as well?

“She screamed and screamed when the knife went in..”

“Tell us more.”

“BLAM! I saw the murder free zone sign. Epic facepalm bro. Anyway I pulled out, apologized profusely, and set up a date with her later off campus.”

7. avatarGreg Camp says:

In formal terms, the faculty of a college are called professors or instructors. Saying that teachers endorse these other candidates is an exercise in irrelevancy. As a member of the faculty at a college in another state, I can say that this is exactly what I want, someone who will support legal carrying on campus.

I’d have to look at all the positions of the candidates before making up my mind, but in this one issue, Hasson is right.

8. avatarjwm says:

Gun free zones kill people. Or rather they set them up for the slaughter. I’m not in his voting district or he’d get my vote.

9. avatarmichael2588 says:

uh, yes… yes that is what I want.

10. avatarJohnny says:

Might as well just say:

“Scott Hanson wants to eliminate gun free zones. Do you want your children to stand a chance during a spree killing or be slaughtered like animals?”