You Know You’re A Gun Nerd When . . . You Want to Shoot the New iPhone 5 (Turned Sideways) with a Tokarev TT-30

comments

1. avatar SkyMan77 says:

If you do please be sure to get that on a high speed camera… I know people that would love to see that thing split in two with a well placed bullet.

The MAC / PC wars are still alive and well but now that we’re all running the same CPU can’t we all just get along… 🙂

2. avatar AnotherMatt says:

I’m sure Apple has a patent on that.

3. avatar RIGHT! says:

well I now know I’m not a nerd

4. avatar Accur81 says:

If y’all could wait to pre-order your black 64 GB iPhone 5 until I’ve ordered mine, well, that would be super. Thanks, I owe you one!

1. avatar Totenglocke says:

But….why would you want a phone that’s not even for sale yet and is already considered outdated compared to phones that have been on the market for months?

1. avatar Mr. Bob says:

My 1 year old Samsung Galaxy II still kicks iPhone 5’s butt.

1. avatar phillip says:

In what, not any standard benchmarks. The iphone 5 has a better screen, cpu, gpu, design, data speed and app store then your phone. If you can find something your phone is better at let us know, lol.

2. avatar Mr. Lion says:

Probably for the same reason I’m ordering mine Friday: It works better than anything else out there. By a very wide margin.

1. avatar Totenglocke says:

Considering that Apple fanboys refuse to try anything else, how would you know?

I know one person who switched from Android to iPhone – myself and many others I know switched from iPhone to the vastly superior Android.

Apple knows that their products are inferior, hence why they keep suing and trying to ban competition instead of innovating and making a better product.

5. avatar Sean says:

No, don’t own a Tokarev. There is a CZ-52 in the safe however.

6. avatar jwm says:

Shot up a cell phone with a pellet rifle once, does that count? Also busted up a tv with a shotgun.

7. avatar Blake says:

I’d rather holler “Pull” and see if I could obliterate the device with some #4.

8. avatar Greg Camp says:

These days, I’m longing for the old rotary phones that I grew up with… I too would use a CZ vz. 52, if I didn’t feel like blasting the infernal machine with a 7.62 x 54R round.

9. avatar JB says:

You know your a gun nerd… when you find out the iPhone 5 was announced from a gun blog. Guess I have to turn in my Apple Fanboy(TM) license.

10. avatar Mark says:

@Greg Camp…LOL!!!!! I know what you mean!!!! Big honking steel dial, ring ring sounds!!! Yelling at people to get off the line because you were on there first!!!
    Hoping your girlfriends parents were on the same party line while you were discussing the weekend plans with your buddies!!!!
    Actually if I shot it i wouldn’t use my 7.62x54r, I would use my 1914 Mauser Pocket Pistol in 6.35mm(.25auto) with hardball ammo.
    Tiny holes=more shots before it disappears in a cloud of plastic dust!!!

11. avatar Mark says:

Oh and btw since the Iphone5 is 7.6mm thick and my Mauser Pistol has a 6.35mm round I wonder if I could put a hole through it side to side without destroying it on the first shot!!!

1. avatar Greg Camp says:

A friend told me that he shot a soda can with a .25 and the bullet bounced back. If were going tiny, I’d rather chew it up with a .22 LR pistol and a brick of ammo.

1. avatar Mark says:

Or a .22wmr with flextips!!!! See if it expanded before it went thru!!!!
        Side to side and try it front to back also!!!!
        Could be fun!!!