Floss Regularly (And Watch That Muzzle)

About Robert Farago

19 Responses to Floss Regularly (And Watch That Muzzle)

1. avatarJohn Fritz says:

How did he do that?

• avatarRobert Farago says:

Take 1,342. JK. I think.

• avatarBLAMMO says:

Even that would be walking about 8 miles total, after starting the pendulum that many time times. A bit of a gruel unto itself.

Still, I call Bravo Sierra until I see the high-speed video.

• avatarDyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Practice. Same as all other trick shooters do it.

Do you think Tom Knapp started busting 10 clays he threw by hand into the air when he first started? No, he worked his way up.

Did Jerry Miculek just appear out of nowhere and crank off eight shots from a wheelgun in one second without practice? Don’t think so.

I should add Jerry is not a trick shooter. He’s just wicked fast.

• avatarAPBTFan says:

First name that came to my mind watching this was Tom Knapp. He’s an uncanny shot and a great showman.

Mr. Miculek? What hasn’t already been said?

2. avatarjwm says:

When I was a youngster most of the old timers had a dislike for auto pistols. One of the almost universal exceptions to this rule was the colt woodsman pistol. If this trick can be pulled off it takes a natural pointing gun like the colt and a lot of practice.

It doesn’t hurt to shoot higher up the string where the swing isn’t as large and good timing brings it home.

• avatarBilly Wardlaw says:

He also placed his shot at the top of the period – the point at which it stops to change direction. Which is much easier that hitting it mid period.

• avatarDyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Absolutely. And you see lots of sporting clay shooters doing the exact same thing with “teal” type targets.

• avatarBrother Bear says:

Wrong answer RPOC, it was not at the top.. .it was already starting it’s downward trend.

He’s simply a great shot from lots of practice and dedication.

3. avatargreat unknown says:

Would the shock wave of a near miss break the floss [as long as it is taut]?

4. avatarmiforest says:

I knew old timerer when I was growing up in the mountians of kentucky who could make a lot of “impossible ” shots. A lot of things are “impossible” because we have never really tried to find a way to do them . Just look at circ-de-sole. This guy has practiced a lot .

5. avatarGS650G says:

It was a great shot. Of course there are plenty of doubters here.
    Feel free to post a video of faking this or even doing it yourself.

6. avatarbontai Joe says:

I am impressed! Seems like a young fella to be already shooting that good. Maybe he has been shooting since he was a little kid?

7. avatarIng says:

Wow. I thought I was hot stuff when I put a .22 round through a 9mm case at about that same distance — put it against a contrasting background, hit it on the 3rd shot (careful zeroing beforehand, and all that…oh, and no scope involved, factory irons on a Henry rifle). But how in the name of deity do you even SEE dental floss at that distance?

• avatarjwm says:

Some people are just blessed with great hand eye coordination. And practice with a 22 is cheap and from the looks of it he’s on private land so he doesn’t have to sweat range fees every time he shoots. Color me jealous.

• avatarIng says:

Well, at least I’ve got one of those x-factors going for me.

I can only dream about being able to walk out back and shoot on my own property (heck, I can only dream about having my own property), but here in the Northwest it’s legal to shoot on public land. And being in a rural area, there’s a lot of land to be had within a 45-minute drive (or less).

I’m out shooting every weekend, the only fee I pay is at the gas pump, and I’ve only had to share my favorite “public range” twice in two years. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

As for superhuman vision and uncanny hand-eye coordination, my best hope at this point is a bite from a radioactive spider.