Fastest Gun in the West

[HTML1]

About Robert Farago

13 Responses to Fastest Gun in the West

1. avatarDyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I don’t think this time is faster than Bob Munden’s.

• avatarMoonshine7102 says:

True. I find this guy a whole lot more likeable than Blowhard Bob, though.

• avatarDyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Regardless, I just checked and I think Munden is still the fastest at under 0.2 sec on a single balloon and slightly over a sec on five targets.

2. avatarJean Paul says:

This looks like a return to the quick draw contests that were popular in the 1950s, at the height of the Western movie/TV show craze. It’s a definite skill, but seems kinda silly to me.

What kind of ammo is this guy using? Looks really lightly powered.

3. avatarjwm says:

it’s not silly. if you have the time and resources spend them any way you wish. having said that, i don’t think it would be for me. i would like to see a cowboy action event 1 day.

4. avatarJarhead says:

Bob Munden can do this while drinking a Dos Equis between each shot and still beat that time…. :) all kidding aside…

Munden is much faster. Here is scientific evidence to prove it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCl_mYIUBE

Munder is super human!

My question is does anyone quick draw close too that fast with modern day firearms? If not why not?

5. avatarg says:

Pretty impressive. Or to quote the great Bruce Lee:

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

6. avatarRIGHT! says:

Truth be told the only way to beat a man like this is to TAX HIM!

7. avatarGordon says:

Oh come on! He is starting 1/2 way through the draw! Lets see him do it starting with his fingers on the cap bill when the light goes on.