Magpul Announces New Colors for Fall: Grey and Pink

The first time my sister saw a pretty pink AR-15, she decided that she absolutely had to have one. It was just too cute! Apparently my sister isn’t the only one that thinks pink is perfect for their Barbie doll like firearm — in fact, there has apparently been so much demand that Magpul has decided to start making their MOE furniture in pink. Oh, and some grey color too. From their Facebook page:

Coming to the Magpul line in late fall…Two new colors: “Stealth Gray” and “Pink”. Stealth Gray will begin with the MOE products and will gradually be rolled out across our full product line. Pink will be a limited release, starting with the MOE Grip, Stock, and Carbine Handguard. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more photos.

Would I buy pink AR-15 furniture ? Probably not. Then again, I don’t think I have the right equipment for this demographic. But I know enough girls that would buy a pretty pink AR-15 that it might not be a bad idea, and anything that gets more girls into shooting gets an A+ in my book. Tapco has been making pink furniture kits for a while, and with the growing female demographic it makes sense to expand the color pallet a little bit as the audience for Magpul equipment grows.

No word yet on whether magazines will be available in the new colors.

comments

1. avatar Aharon says:

A friend of mine (a dude) wants to find a handgun painted in blood red.

1. avatar JoshinGA says:

Could always go the duracoat/cerakote route for that…he could even do it himself.

1. avatar Aharon says:

Good point. I’ll mention it to him. Years ago, he was a skilled auto painter.

2. avatar Frank Borek says:

The grey looks pretty slick and nice honestly, as for the pink, well, if I ever find a nice girl shooting a pink AR, I won’t complain about it.

3. avatar Loyd says:

I’m assembling an AR-15 (painfully, slowly, piece by piece, paycheck by paycheck) and its going to have MOE fore stock, pistol grip, and stock, all in black. The Stealth Grey looks cool, but I’d like to see it in person before I throw down on it. BUT seeing the pink makes me wish I had the money to buy an M&P-15-22, but the pink gear on it, and give to to my girlfriend who’s new to guns.

1. avatar Snachnim says:

Don’t worry bro. I am in the same boat as you!
      The grey does look cool!
      Oh and the PINK, finally something to go with evening ware hahahaha not mine of course!
      I would get it for the wife though. Throw some cowgirl up stickers on it and you are good to go!

4. avatar RIGHT! says:

Helllllooooo Kiiitttty
    Meow!

5. avatar jwm says:

1 of my daughters is into the whole pink thing. her helmet and leathers are pink for when she rides her bike. her jumpsuit is pink for when she skydives. i gave her a smith and wesson revolver, she’s into wheel guns like me, and she asked if it was available in pink. i just shake my head and sigh. then i think, thank god my son’s aren’t into pink.

1. avatar g says:

You could always get some aftermarket pink grips for the wheelgun… but maybe it’s better your daughter doesn’t know that… haha.

1. avatar jwm says:

truly, i like to use the revolver i gave her when we go to the range together. and a large ugly man with pink guns just looks odd.

6. avatar JoshinGA says:

The grey does look pretty slick. And I can see how the pink would appeal to those into it…girl with a gun wouldnt be a bad thing.

7. avatar Justice06RR says:

Its great to see Magpul is expanding their color selection. I can definitely foresee some avid female shooters go for the pink furniture. Nothing wrong with that IMO, anything to get more females into firearms is good in my book!
    I’d like to see that stealth gray in person. it might be another good color option.

8. avatar إبليس says:

My plans of a My Little Pony tactical carbine are coming closer to fruition.

9. avatar RIGHT! says:

To be realistic, the only differance between a black and gray AR is a few coats of paint. Or if you prefer, Ceracoat.
    As for me, I swing with the HK franchise, I mean it’s a perfect match for my go-go boots and purse!

10. avatar Mashashin says:

My wife wants some pretty blue colors next, not sure where I will find it but I’m looking

11. avatar ChainsawWieldingManiac says:

I’d like them to release that quad stack magazine of theirs in any color…

Also, it kills me that they still don’t have any AK furniture.

12. avatar Akatsukami says:

If it’s pink, is it MOE furniture or moe furniture?

13. avatar JSIII says:

My wife wants a colt LE6929 for xmas. When she hears about this no doubt I will be buying some pink magpul accessories too.

14. avatar tdiinva says:

I almost bought my wife a pink 22 rifle for Valentines day.

15. avatar DrewR55 says:

I think my wife would shoot me if I suggested swapping the furniture on her AR with the pink MOE stuff. But she does want a range .22 AR in pink so this has possibilities

16. avatar Mark says:

I suppose color options are probably a good thing for “popularizing” firearms but I’m not particularly optimistic about the idea of firearms retailers having to keep a Ceracoat kiosk on site so that customers who have settled on caliber, action, make and model can then flip through a sample book to choose how they want their firearm painted. “Would you like that in lime/peach swirl or candy cane?”

17. avatar bontai Joe says:

Pink rifles, ehhh???? I can see the demographic that they are marketing to, but to me, it just looks like a prop from a bad 1960’s spy movie where the female Amazon army is going to overpower all the men…..

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Bontai Joe: Bad movie or not, you’d watch it, just like I would.

18. avatar Rich says:

It makes my knees weak.

19. avatar Bub says:

do we really need more pink gun stuff?

1. avatar J in Ga says:

At least it isn’t zombie stuff

20. avatar gastorgrab says:

Grey and Ghey? (You were all thinking it.)

21. avatar Robb says:

Dang!! I always wanted grey furn. I put all foliage green on mine cuz it looks grey in certain light 😛