OMG! It’s a Gun! On My Fishing Line! OMG!

It’s probably a good thing there aren’t redcoats in Boston Harbor any more. Not with minutemen like Alberto Pina manning the shoreline. Al was getting in a little angling yesterday when he snagged one by sea. “’I reeled in a gun,’ Pina said, still hyperventilating as he described his catch more than an hour later. ‘Yesterday I caught a 27-inch bluefish. Today? A gun.”

Yeah, hooking some rusted junk can be traumatic. As he whimpered to a bostonherald.com reporter,

“To pull something like that out of the water is extremely dangerous. I didn’t want my son to see something like that, but he did. Horrible,” Pina said. “When I pulled it up, I dropped it over at the pier. I didn’t dare to touch it.”

No British regulars fired or fled. Just a barnacle-crusted gun on the dock lay dead.

“No dinner tonight,” Pina said. “I came here for some striper, not a rifle.”

Would Alberto even know a striper from a cod? Cause he sure can’t tell a luger from a lever gun. We’d guess the most dangerous item he’d be able to safely handle is a Boston cream pie. Stay vigilant, Al. Stay vigilant.

comments

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

“I didn’t want my son to see something like that, but he did. Horrible,” Pina said.
    ——
    For fvck’s sake, man! Get ahold of yourself! I mean, really. Is this guy for real!?

1. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

Agreed, turn in your man card, beotch.

2. avatar surlycmd says:

The poor boy will have a harder time growing up to be a man if his father is his best example. If the father cannot handle something as mundane as finding a barnacle encrusted gun how would he perform in a real crisis?

1. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

Pu$$y even wrote up a blog about this most horrifying day of his:

1. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

I left a couple of comments at his blog questioning his manhood, in my usual semi-blunt manner. Comments were deleted. What a bitche.

3. avatar Peter says:

Perhaps he should have used the opportunity of being at the ocean as a chance to “wash out a little sand”.

4. avatar Levi B says:

That poor boy is going to grow up to be as big of a sissy as his daddy and wonder why life is so hard.

2. avatar Ryan says:

ThIs has to be fake no one is traumatized by an inanimate object like that right? Someone please tell me I’m right.

1. avatar ChrisH says:

You might be right, isn’t that a top water lure that the gun was supposedly snagged on?

1. avatar Sammy says:

S. Freud: ”A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Kind of seems this metro sexual has deeper issues. He shouldn’t let his kid near fishing hooks as they pose a more imminent threat to the boy’s safety. He’s more likely to have a fishing accident than a firearm’s accident. BTW that “weapon” was covered with barnacles. That thing wouldn’t fire even if you sent it back to the manufacturer for a rebuild.

3. avatar Matt in FL says:

What are you doing dragging a big ol’ lure like that across the bottom? Because you sure didn’t catch that sucker in midwater.

1. avatar Henry Bowman says:

Maybe that’s why he didn’t catch any Striper. Although I’ve heard some big ones have be caught bottom fishing at the edge of a deep water channel.

1. He probably passed out drinking and was dragging his line.

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

I have to laugh… from the comments under the article:

Well… I can tell you why you didn’t catch your dinner.That’s a surface “popping’ lure.Dragging it accross the bottom it doesn’t work too well.

Hmmm….that’s a floating popper. How did he manage to get that down to the bottom??

4. It was probably used in a crime and thrown into the sea to get rid of the evidence. How nice of him to throw it back and then call the police, so they need to go for a swim if they want to examine it. It sounds like he peed his pants over the sight of the thing.

5. Any ideas on identifying the firearm? Is it an XD?

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

It’s not an XD variant; it appears to have a one-piece trigger. I also don’t think it’s a Hi-Point. The safety looks wrong, and it appears to have a rail on the dustcover that extends all the way to the front. Hi-Points have rails, but they’re short little one-notch things that only extend about halfway forward from the trigger guard.

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

From his blog post (uncorrected, bad grammar and spelling are his):

The detectives decided to take the gun with them but I’m still confused. As one of the walk by me, I asked again, “Is it a real?” “No, but it was good for you to call out of precaution”, he said and proceed to walk with his crew.

1. avatar Will says:

now WHY would they want to take a fake away…. oh wait… this was where? oh, Boston…

3. avatar Curzen says:

Looks somewhat like a Walther PPQ.

1. avatar Silver says:

+1 That was my first thought also.

6. avatar Loyd says:

Does Aquaman have a CCW?

7. avatar JoshinGA says:

The gun in the lead photo looks like a HiPoint…aka the One Hit wonder. Makes sense that they found it sleeping with the fishes.

1. avatar AaronW says:

Perhaps someone wanted to use it as chum in an attempt to catch a better gun?

8. avatar Greg Camp says:

Looking at the pictures on the source website and the man’s blog article, I have to wonder if that’s not an airgun. It’s hard to tell with all the barnacles. I can see that this is a handgun, not a rifle. I can also see that this man is pathetic if he becomes hysterical over pulling a gun out of the water.

9. avatar Johnny says:

I hope the man is recovering from his massive panic attack in hospital surrounded by his family. We can all understand what a traumatic experience it is to fish a non functioning firearm from the bottom of the ocean. Who knows, it might have been loaded and fired 56 times had he not reacted and called the police to clean up the puddle of urine slowly forming beneath him.

10. avatar gc says:

Like to brake all the crap of it and see if it still runs? Great reliability check

11. avatar Lemming says:

At the opposite end of the scale:

After which fishing boats encountering UXO would just cut their nets rather than report it as the insurance company didn’t cover the loss of the boat, and the Navy stonewalled until a Congressman got involved.

12. avatar RKBA says:

Walther?

P-22?

13. avatar v says:

children, calm down, its Boston, home to cowards, pansy’s, and traitors from the earliest days of America…
    they pee themselves at the sight of a pizza slicer, let alone a gun…V

14. avatar Rickster says:

There is something very fishy about this story. He was so horrified that his son saw it that he took the time to pose a photo.

15. avatar RKBA says:

Looks like a Walther… Maybe a P-22?

1. avatar RKBA says:

Sorry for the double post… iPhone didn’t show the first post went through… 🙁

2. avatar jwm says:

I think it is a Walther, but I’m going with the 9mm. Muzzel looks too big for a 22. Hard to tell with the crusting and lack of scale, but that’s my guess.

16. avatar TR says:

Looks kinda like a Walther p22…

He snagged a bottom-feeding pistol with a surface popper? Brilliant!

18. avatar Silver says:

Wow…pathetic. He’s a prime model for what the progressive agenda wants men to be.

19. avatar Peritas says:

Geeeze. Guys, give this man a break! We know absolutely nothing about him. Maybe he came from a place with horrific gun violence and a high murder rate, and guns were only used as tools of oppression. Maybe he lost people close to him as a result.

If you know absolutely nothing about guns and have never held one in your life, then it’s understandable not to want to touch it or handle it.

Good God you guys are judgmental!

1. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

Turn in your man card too Peritas. That’s two collected today.

2. avatar Silver says:

I know nothing about car internals but I held a spark plug for the first time a few days ago. I didn’t need a therapist afterwards.

3. avatar Greg Camp says:

Judgemental? Not when this guy makes it too easy. Please. He found a gun. The picture makes it clear that the thing is not in any condition to fire. There’s nothing wrong in calling the police, since that gun may have been used in a crime, but his reaction to finding it and his posts on the Internet are what earns him the vitriol. He felt the need to be pathetic in public, and we’re calling him out for it.

1. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

Exactly. Wish I was this eloquent. Maybe not.

20. avatar GS650G says:

The authorities will probably charge him with firearms offense for possession. The is Boston after all.

1. avatar Koop says:

Nah, he alerted the cops and the media. It’s going to wind up in an evidence locker somewhere to see if it can be linked to a crime.

21. avatar Slowburn says:

OMG it’s a short-snouted Gatt-Fish.
    Truth be known, that thing’s probably responsible for a half dozen bluefin murders already.
    As for the guy claiming he caught it, he was no doubt snagfishin’ to begin with, and even if he wasn’t, possession of any size Gatt-fish without a permit’s a prostitutional offense most everywhere.
    Charges pending after further instigation.

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

“OMG it’s a short-snouted Gatt-Fish.”

Now that there is FUNNY!!!! 2 thumbs up!!!

22. avatar Darkstar says:

What do you expect from The People’s Socialist Republic of Massachusetts? I grew up there and the way they treat firearms it’s no surprise this guy has that reaction.

I wonder if the State will pay for the years of therapy this guy and his kid are entitled to after suffering such trauma. Somebody needs to get Barney Frank or Elizabeth Warren to look into this.

23. avatar USMCVeteran says:

This is to be expected from an east coast liberal vaginized eunuch.

1. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

“Northeast”, not “East”.

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Agreed. Things get markedly better at Virginia’s northern border.

24. avatar Van says:

Probably dropped by a pistol shrimp.

Too literal?

25. avatar AJD says:

Thats a top water plug (lure) there is no way that he snagged that gun on that lure. The gun was most likely on the bottom and that lure floats.. something smells fishy…

26. avatar Sam Wright says:

My firearms instructor said “The only thing a revolver is good for is robbing stage coaches, and the only thing a 1911 is good for is a trout line weight.” Mr. Pina should turn the barnacle encrusted junk in at the next gun buy back and use the money to treat his son to a red snapper at The Barking Crab to help him get over his trauma.

1. avatar 16V says:

As your instructor doesn’t know that it’s called a “trot-line” not a “trout-line” you might want to take him with a grain of salt.

27. avatar flboots says:

Most likely the gun is from a mob hit. I bet their looking for this guy now for producing evidence.

28. avatar Ron says:

I simultaneously feel proud that my father wasnt a limp wristed sissy like this man, and sorry for this guys son for having a dad who is.

29. avatar Tim says:

Oh noes, his son saw the eeeeeevil gun?!?!?

Let’s get that poor child some counseling, paid for by the government of course.

30. avatar Mr. Bob says:

I don’t understand how he made a kid when he has no balls??

31. avatar Mr. Bob says:

Now the cops are telling the press it was a plastic gun.
    Seriously?????

32. avatar Ando says:

Firearm ID
    Steyr M9 or other Steyr variant.
    Very unique looking pistol.
    IMHO

33. avatar Ando says:

Firearm ID
    Steyr M9 or other Steyr variant.
    Very unique looking pistol.

IMHO

34. Hi, all is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing data,
    that’s genuinely excellent, keep up writing.