Free TTAG “Your Business Lost Money Today” Gun Rights Cards

Have you ordered yours yet? They’ve been popular to say the least. In fact, one very prominent gun manufacturer ordered 1000 and handed them out to their national sales force. So the offer still stands: click HERE to get 20 free cards (you pay one thin dollar to cover shipping and handling) and put your four quarters where your mouth is. Let merchants who make their businesses gun free zones why you won’t be dropping any disposable income there. And to those of you who’ve ordered cards, tell us what reactions you’ve gotten from the lucky merchants you’ve given them to. We’d love to publicize it here.

comments

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Okay, I’ll bite. Which “very prominent gun manufacturer”?

2. avatar Aharon says:

I don’t recall ever seeing a merchant sign in Portland banning guns. Even many of the liberals here cc or simply own guns. The Portland metro may be a funny weird mix of new age hippies and good old boy and girl types, however, it is not naive and unrealistic about guns. If I see a no guns allowed sign then I will order the cards.

1. avatar ChrisH says:

Sadly, the politicians don’t seem to have gotten the memo.

1. avatar Aharon says:

Bingo! Tell me about it.

2. avatar Gyufygy says:

You know, that reminds me quite a bit of where I live, Asheville, NC. My CCW class had a vegetarian option for the included lunch (ain’t exactly hard when it’s sub sandwiches, but still). Only No Guns sign I can think of is one of the public parking structures downtown. Still need to see if the other garages have them, too, or if that one is a special snowflake for some reason.

3. avatar Matt in FL says:

I’m almost disappointed at not having the opportunity to use these.

4. avatar jwm says:

They don’t have to put no gun signs in Kalifornia. The good guys can’t pack and the bad guys don’t give a fvck about the rules.

1. avatar Aharon says:

Otherwise, handing out those paper-based cards to all the KKKalifornication merchants who probably still don’t want guns in their stores would kill off entire forests.

2. avatar Todd94590 says:

as a resident in the heart of Peace & Love & We’re Tolerant If You Belive Like We Do country, I will judicially hand these out with care. if I can reach one person with logic & law, I’ll be happy, otherwise watching their heads explode knowing there is someone standing near them with contrarian views.

party on, Wayne! party on, Garth!

also want to add this is good advertising for TTAG, hopefully will bring the curious. thanks for making these available!

Oddly enough, I’ve never seen a “No Guns” sign in MA. Which is unfortunate, since I spent good money to print up 500 “Hey Merchant, Go F^ck Yourself” cards.

6. avatar RobertM says:

Maryland has such fun Gun Laws the only places I have seen with no Gun signs is places that also include scanners and the rule of Law behind them. Might change in 2013 depending on the woolward case.

Thanks
    Robert

7. avatar Silver says:

Not many places that these would be needed in Arizona.

Regardless, it’s a pretty big leap of faith to think that an anti store owner would read through all that. Remember, the gun-grabber frame of mind isn’t an actual logical thought process…it’s more equivalent to a mental disease, where the person clings to this fantasy as a way of coping with personal shortcomings and/or to ignore uncomfortable reality. Or, they’re just media-indoctrinated fools. Either way, they certainly don’t want the truth. Three words into that card and they’ll shut down, throw a tantrum, and discard it.

1. avatar Derek Dauma (formerly Other Derek) says:

Costco, the freestanding Sears in Arcadia, all shopping malls and theaters.

Also Denny’s, IHOP, and 5 & Diner.

8. avatar Paco says:

You should at least send a hat tip to Tom Gresham of GunTalk. He’s talked about doing this for a long time.

9. avatar Jim says:

So far here in Tulsa I’ve only seen one at the military surplus. Wtf?

10. avatar Greg says:

I have never ran into any business here that prohibits CCW carry yet have seen a half-dozen that have a sticker on the doors saying CCW holders and their guns are welcome.

11. avatar Loyd says:

The only place I can think of locally with no CCW signs are bars, but its illegal to CCW there anyway.

12. avatar rsu11 says:

I’m sympathetic to the idea here, but the cards themselves are way too wordy. The chances of a shop owner actually reading both sides are slim to none. Cut the verbiage in half at least, and maybe down to “No guns, no sale”. That will get the message across without the finger wagging words.

13. avatar Gala Poola says:

While an awesome idea, how does one get the card into the place of business to hand it to the proprietor? After all, you can’t enter with a gun. You could include a slingshot to that special offer (sarcasm alert). A balled up card can be fired in when someone else opens the door. BTW, in stupid NJ slingshots are considered a handgun (similar to certain cross bows) and you can’t walk around with them unless you have a carry permit. Come to think of it, no one can get a carry permit here (yet). This may all work out in free America but I’m not sure I’ll be boycotting this weekend here in the Garden State.

1. avatar BLX says:

And, thanks to NJ politicians, possessing, transporting, manufacturing, bla bla bla, the components to make a sling shot is also prohibited.

Now look at your support hand thumb and index finger (check), a post office rubber band (check) and a paper clip (check) cut in half, and voila! You are a felon-in-the-making! I feel so much safer now.

14. avatar theaton says:

Imagine if you will, one-hundred-million firearms owner going to a store that bans firearms at the same time Also imagine those same people going to anti-gun states or D.C. It wouldn’t even take all firearms owners to make a difference, maybe as little as ten percent. Until we are willing to do that, nothing will change. Look back at our early history and see the number of metaphorical “you lost money today” cards that the colonists sent to King George. He, like merchants, ignored them all. The thing that the King could not ignore was the colonits being willing to fight, and die if needed, for their rights.

15. avatar Juan Hunt Greer says:

Here in the Salt Lake City area, EVERY major movie theater belongs to the
    Miramark chain, which DOES disallow carry, so I ONLY attend in the small
    town atmosphere of Tooele where the locals have more than just a grain
    of sense! Hunt Greer

16. avatar Jim says:

How about a “Thanks for allowing me to protect my family and friends by not banning weapons.” That left with a nice tip would also be persuasive letting managers and owners know their decision is generating revenue.