Former Massachusetts Governor and aspiring President Mitt Romney has chosen Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his running mate. Ryan, whose claim that he was mugged in D.C. is sure to receive some major journalistic investigation, is solidly pro-gun. ontheissues.org reports on the gun-related voting record by the pol from the Eat Cheese or Die state . . .
- Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
- Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
- Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
- Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)
- National cross-state standard for concealed carry. (Jan 2009)
- Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)
- Allow reloading spent military small arms ammunition. (Apr 2009)
Make the jump for Ryan’s video statement on gun control.