OMG! A Gun! At an Airport! In Illinois! OMG!

In 2011, federal security theater employees confiscated over 1000 firearms at airports around the country. So if Matthew Bysina’s parents think their son’s one in million they’re only off by a few decimal points. Police: Forgetful traveler tries to board plane with loaded gun the chicagotribune.com headline proclaims above a JumboTron-sized photo of Mr. Bysina. “According to a police report, when a TSA agent using an x-ray machine discovered the outline of the gun, Bysina told them he forgot the gun was there. Officers got to the scene and found a .38 caliber revolver loaded with four live rounds inside Bysina’s luggage, the report said. No one was injured in the incident.” I guess you could say Mr. Bysina isn’t playing with a full gun. Meanwhile, I reckon the cops should try to see this incident in focus and the gun grabbers at the Trib need a nice holiday somewhere.

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

you forgot you were carrying a loaded pistol into tsa territory. d’oh, facepalm.

2. avatar MotoJB says:

OOPSIE!

3. avatar Skyler says:

And the TSA will point to this as another example of their having “saved” us.

4. avatar tdiinva says:

It never ceases to amaze me that someone could “forget” that he is carrying a loaded firearm into the airport security line.

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

I totally agree, a person would have to have the I.Q. of a tree to not remember that guns at the airport is a bad idea. I really can’t believe he “forgot” and am more inclined to think he had a target in mind. But then again, I don’t know the guy, maybe he IS an oak in his community.

1. avatar Jay says:

Really?

I BS it’s pretty damn easy to forget. When you carry 24/7 having a gun with you is like having you cell phone. You don’t even think about it being there.

I manufacture ammunition. I have it in my pockets all the time like the loose change it’s mixed it with. Many times as I walk up to the TSA line I stick my hands in my pockets to see what I am going to have to put in the dish. Out comes a live round. I then have to discreetly throw it in the can with all the water bottles.

If you carry 24/7 I could see how this easily could happen.

1. avatar tdiinva says:

Except for work, I carry almost all the time. I home carry. I carry outside. I carry in the car. I always know that I have a gun on my person. Our friend here put a gun in his luggage. If he truly forgot he deserves an IGOTD award. My guess is that he knew it was there but thought he wouldn’t get caught.

5. avatar Brandon says:

I know Matt personally. He is a good person and he truly did forget. It was a surprise trip. He is not stupid and I don’t appreciate that. He who is without sin cast the first stone

1. avatar Robert Farago says: