Crimson Trace Midnight 3-Gun: And So It Begins

The sun is slowly setting on the high desert outside Bend, Oregon. The best shooters in the world have gathered to test their skills and equipment against the dark night and ever prevalent dust, and to be honest I’m starting to get that nervous excitement that I love so much. I’m convinced that Iain Harrison is actively trying to put as much pressure on me as possible — the bastard squadded me with the Miculeck family. But one thing is for sure: this is going to be awesome.

comments

1. avatar Texan says:

High desert…. full of Cedar trees?

1. avatar Paul says:

Take another look. Those are junipers.

1. avatar Texan says:

Ash Junipers to be specific, cedar is just the general term for similar water-guzzling and non-beneficial trees.

2. avatar Trust no one says:

Good luck I wish I could afford to compete .

3. avatar Chad says:

Good Luck with the Midnight Shoot! I listen to Downrange Radio and am looking forward to hearing how Michael Bane does. He said, the last 3 gun shoot he did was in 1985! Go Michael!

4. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Good luck, Nick! Still insanely jealous. Although, having spent a few years near Alamogordo, NM, I do not miss that high desert shit one bit.

5. avatar M&B Strategies says:

Nick: I hope the rest of your stages went as well as your first one did. You owe me a COLD beer after what happened on your first stage that you don’t know about yet.

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Ooooh! Share the dirt, please!

6. avatar Brad Tucker says:

Instead of cursing your luck, be grateful you have a chance to watch and learn from arguably the best family in shooting sports today. I was lucky enough last year to have Jerry and Kay come and shoot my clubs USPSA match. I was on thier squad and it blew my mind that even though he was sandbagging heavily(he had a taping for Impossible Shots later that day), he still was outpacing and outshooting everybody but Kay and our local pro shooter with his revolver. Instead of cursing, I watched everything that they did, and I learned more that day than I had in months.