Bug-A-Salt ‘Shotgun’: Help me! Helllp Meeeeeee!

Are there holes in your window screens? Could you stand to bathe a little more often than you really have been? Well if flies are what’s bugging you, Lorenzo has your solution – a volley of buckshot (proportionately speaking) fired at the little buggers from your Bug-A-Salt pump-action gun. It’s also a fun way to season your fries, but we wouldn’t recommend pulling one out at a restaurant.

[h/t thegunwire.com]

comments

1. avatar thegunwire says:

Thanks for the h/t, Dan.

I really enjoyed this little video and the gadget. After digging through thousands and thousands of pages of stories about the recent tragedy, to find this lighthearted little gem made my day. And it’s a brilliant little toy.

Have a good weekend!

2. avatar Johnny says:

Quick, lemme call PETA and report all the murders of innocent flies in this video. I’m sure they’ll get the Fly Equal Rights Coalition all over this.

3. avatar LongPurple says:

Gotta get me one!

Urban wing-shooting for pennies. Ammo available everywhere. No hunting license needed. What more can you ask?

4. avatar Sanchanim says:

sweet!!!!

5. avatar Ben Eli says:

YES YES YES. How does it work on wasps though?

6. avatar GG says:

My mom said no, and “You’ll put your eye out with that thing”!!

7. avatar Erik says:

I wonder if it’s illegal in New Jersey. The projectiles are less than 3/8″ in diameter and can technically cause eye injury.

1. avatar Other Derek says:

If it’s fun and involves projectiles, it’s illegal in NJ.

8. avatar g says:

Oooooh… maybe I buy one and pass it off to my wife as an early b-day present to my kid. Haha!

9. avatar bontai Joe says:

I like this, looks like fun.

10. avatar LeftShooter says:

Table salt, eh? Could this be the .9MM about which we’ve heard so much?

I like it, though, it brings a whole new meaning to wingshooting.

11. avatar Sam S says:

And to think I was spending money on 22 caliber shot shells!

12. avatar PETE HOCK says:

Great idea……………BUT…………. you went to China to have it made.
    Too bad!

13. avatar Philly says:

Cool concept, kids, but buy one, first. I purchased two– one for me and one to gift. The rifle does not hit hard enough to kill a typical housefly. It will knock them down, momentarily, but they get back up unharmed. I’ve shot flies at point blank (3″–4″) range. It simply doesn’t hit hard enough. Do not plan on killing bees or larger insects, obviously…. I haven’t given the second rifle away. It’s a funny conversation piece but it simply doesn’t work. It turned out to be a big disappointment. I’m a guy who’ll buy some crazy, eccentric gizmo like this, but after waiting a month for delivery it was a big, expensive flop. Save your money, folks.