What Could Possibly Go Wrong: It’s Later Than You Think Edition

“Finally, an alarm clock you can shoot. Normal mode requires one gunshot to enter snooze. Hard mode requires five gunshots to enter snooze. Doubles as a shooting game with two different game modes. Bright LCD screen. Record your favorite tunes as the sound of your alarm.” Or, alternatively, your least favorite songs. [h/t Kevin]

comments

1. avatar Cameron S. says:

Thanks, Robert. You just helped me impulse spend even more money… I can’t wait for it to arrive!

Not recommended for those who have a dog, cat or spouse who wakes them in the morning.

3. avatar Aaron says:

Rule #5: “Know what time it is, and whether shooting your clock one more time will make you late for work.”

4. avatar LT says:

Neat idea, but I’ll stick with some of the alarm apps out there for Android.

5. avatar Thomas Paine says:

wow, i can finally use my cabelas card points. is it still under warranty if you pick up the wrong pistol?

6. avatar racer88 says:

I’ve wanted to do that to my regular alarm clock with my regular Glock. (Just wanted to bust a rhyme!)

7. avatar Aaron says:

9mm vs. beam of light – which has more stopping power????

1. avatar Ropingdown says:

This device amounts to entrapment. An alarming breach of the peace is inevitable. They’ll argue you were predisposed to the crime as you grabbed the wrong Glock. Your defense is obvious: Every human being experiences the desire to pop the damned alarm. “Your Honor, just imagine: It’s 6 a.m. Monday morning, you’ve got a full docket of Public Nuisance case ahead of you. To your left a loaded Glock, to your right a blaring alarm clock. Is it not a victimless and natural act to simply give in and blow the thing to hell?”

1. avatar Aaron says:

I would argue that since both weapons are plastic framed and capable of stopping the alarm threat, I declare a mistrial under the “equal efficacy” clause buried somewhere deep within the law… as written… somewhere…

8. avatar KYgunner says:

Knowing the lack of awareness I have when waking from a dead sleep, I’d be likely to grab my nightstand gun and send a hollowpoint through the damn thing instead of the fake one. That would be a bad start to my mornkng

1. avatar APBTFan says:

Same here. I couldn’t even tell you what planet I’m on when I first get up. I’m on complete auto-pilot for at least the first 20 minutes.

9. avatar zerplex says:

No night sights?

1. avatar virtualjohn says:

We’re familiar with ‘sight shooting’. This is an extension called ‘no sight shooting’.

10. avatar g says:

If it would automatically dispense a delicious cup of coffee or tea when I hit the bulls-eye, maybe I’d get it…

11. avatar virtualjohn says:

Maybe they could instal a ‘snooze’ feature with small ‘hand grenades’ to activate. You just toss one at the clock and roll over. A near hit with a ‘grenade’ buys you ten more minutes of sleep. After all, close counts with hand grenades.