Caracal C with Quick Sights: Sold Out

The Caracal C with Quick Sights is a genuine game changer. [Click here to read Chris Dumm’s review.] The gun’s compact dimensions, low bore axis, brick shithouse construction, affordable price ($499) revolutionary Quick Sights (+ $25) and easy, crisp-breaking trigger (with positive reset) make it a genuine Glock beater. I carry one. In this I am not alone. Scott O’Brien at Caracal USA tells TTAG the C is on backorder. The gunmaker’s American distributor (TALO) is shifting every gun they get; both C’s and full-size F’s, with and without the “in front of the ejection port” sights. Caracal’s importing 10k units in 2012. Due out by the end of this year: the 9mm carbine—which uses the F’s 18-round mags. Caracal will introduce a .40 F at SHOT in January and maybe a C in the same caliber. The company’s waiting for the ATF to approve the 9mm SC (Sub-Compact). All in all, O’Brien says the UAE gunmaker’s products have been “well-received.” Roger that.

comments

1. avatar Greg says:

Glad I got mine when I did.

2. avatar Jeff O. says:

Dangit. I should have acted quicker. And a carbine is coming? Fun!

3. avatar Jason says:

A firearm from a country that still actively discriminates against Jews. A shanda fur die goyim, Bobby!

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Indeed. In a roundabout way, the UAE is keeping at least one Jew safer. The irony is quite delicious.

2. avatar Robert Farago says:

What better gun for a Jew to have? If you think about it.

1. avatar Air Force TSgt says:

Other than one made in Israel, or America, or any other country in the world that is not anti semitic.

1. avatar Stephen says:

Actually, the UAE is BY FAR the most tolerant state in the region.

3. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

@Ralph:
          Which is kinda like saying that California is more pro-RKBA than Illinois. May issue (de-facto no-issue) as opposed to outright no-issue. Same dance; different tune.

4. avatar Aharon says:

Agreed. #1

4. avatar TheSophist says:

I’m glad I got mine when I did then. 🙂 But now the wait for a good IWB holster is gonna be painful. Using a Remora at the moment, but would love to see a N8^2 Pro holster ASAP.

5. avatar Mark says:

I suppose the sights may be quick, but the short sight radius can’t help with accuracy.

1. You’d think so. But read this and this.

The Caracal is the funnest gun ever. It’s accurate. It’s soft-shooting. It’s just about everything anyone would want in a concealable pistol.

2. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

And to be perfectly honest: in a typical ohsh!tohsh!tohsh!t self-defense scenario, at typical ohfvckme distances, I sincerely doubt you’re going to be worried about the sight radius or lack thereof. Front dot? Bang. Call 911.

6. avatar Chris Dumm says:

An excellent design finds a receptive market. This is how it’s supposed to happen.

7. avatar RKBA says:

So very happy I just nabbed one a few weeks ago.

Shoots like a dream.

Those who condemn the short radius QS simply do not understand them. They are perfect for their intended purpose, CQB.

And for those who “Cant Get Over Where It Is Made”, the Caracal was engineered by one of the greatest German gun engineers you probably never heard of.

Wilhelm Bubits.

Helped Gaston Glock perfect the, well, Glock, improved on the design for Steyr, and now he has one upped himself with the Caracal, the only striker fired pistol with fewer parts than the Glock.

Oh, and did I mention how well they shoot?

A-MAZE-ING!